Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Pc graphics are stunning I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I 100% intend on buying this on release, therefore do people think that playing the demo takes away from the release day playing experience? Would you avoid the demo unless you were playing it to decide whether you were purchasing??

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The demo is usually a bit different to the actual game released, but yes I would say if you want the full release day experience to avoid the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The demo will prove to be much different to the final release, as the demo is the same build that I played at EA Guildford back in July, it's a pre-Gamescom version.

That said, if you can wait, you probably should, but if you need a FIFA fix then the demo still has a lot of good things in it, some of which I listed in a quick piece here: http://balls.ie/football/7-new-things-really-enjoyed-fifa-15-demo/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know shops tend to do pre-order bonus editions (ones with extra packs and such) but does anyone know if its possible to pre-order on the Xbox for a digital copy and get the bonus too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know shops tend to do pre-order bonus editions (ones with extra packs and such) but does anyone know if its possible to pre-order on the Xbox for a digital copy and get the bonus too?

You can do that for Madden and NHL, where you pre-order the Ultimate Team edition and get the packs all year, so it would be strange to not offer that for FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think I'll try and hold out for the full release.

I'm jumping from Fifa 14 360 to Fifa 15 Ps4 so hopefully will be a good step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

It's up on the play station store for anyone wanting to download. just search under demos

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The demo will prove to be much different to the final release, as the demo is the same build that I played at EA Guildford back in July, it's a pre-Gamescom version.

Mikeyt,

I notice you don't mention the PC version, that's not an issue, I'm just asking if the PC version is missing any of the features that's on the XBOX 1 OR PS4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Graphics on PC are just incredible.
    Gameplay is vastly improved and once i heard the Kop chanting all the usual songs i was sold, poetry in motion tra la la la la !!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

It's finally up for PS4!

I think one thing that's probably being overlooked in opinions of the game is that some of us have played the next gen version and some the current gen.

I haven't played the current gen but I wouldn't expect to be impressed if I did.

It's substantially different to 14 in my view anyway.

The dribbling is much better which was 14's biggest failure IMO.
    In fact it was so bad, I'd count 14 as the worst FIFA in the 2008-2014 era.

Unfortunately like all FIFA games, playing the AI is a chore as it's either ridiculously easy or impossible to get the ball back.
    As somebody who's capable of beating most players I encounter, I find playing the AI on WC just too much of a headwrecker as they'll keep turning the opposite direction to your path and rarely make mistakes in defence.
    I'm sure there's a knack to playing the AI(apart from the demo I'd only play the AI in clubs when no one takes the ANY).
    But off the bat, the AI on WC is significantly better than playing a skilled user.

With that in mind it's hard to tell how the game will actually play against a second user but I can certainly see enough positives especially in the dribbling game to think this will be a great FIFA.

One or two issues I have noticed though that I hope are changed for the final build:

1. Long passes* are VERY inaccurate. I've never been fond of spamming ground passes out of defence and always used long passes to my taller striker to by pass pressure.
    I'm not talking significant long balls here which should be off mostly. I'm talking more about 20 yard passes with your wing back to a player in view on screen
    They've been going way off at times, the power bar seems to move fairly slow as well so this may be having an added impact.
    *NOT LB + Y

2. If you play a long pass thats short(doesn't clear the winger) and is headed back towards your goal, your defence spreads out in the middle leaving a big gap. This has been a problem for a few years now and doesn't seem to be adjusted.

3. The new goalkeeper AI is an improvement in some situations but at other times it feels like playing a drop in game of clubs where some clown has taken the GK and hasn't a clue how to play there.
    Some soft goals can go in as the keeper takes a poor position then a late dive for show.

In terms of the positives the shooting feels more realistic, taking a shot from the edge of the box won't see it either hit the target or just wide and I had a few that went a good 15 yards wide from areas where they'd have been at least on-line off the boot in previous versions.
    Also headers from some areas which would be classed as ''dead'' in previous versions have a chance now.
    This seems partly due to the goalkeeper AI but also you can get varying degrees of power and accuracy on the headers from all sorts of angles.

The spin as well comes across well in the shooting area.
    I had a shot yesterday that was struck from 20-30 yards and saved wide of the goal.
    In 2014 it would have came off the ground consistently for a throw, corner or dead outside the box but after it hit the ground it spun directly up on impact and sort of back towards the goal.
    The spin will certainly cut down on the consistent corner/wide/hold/wide to a set point you'd have got in previous versions as it may react better with the ground from an attacking POV.

I don't think the new player emotions was included in the demo as I honestly can't remember seeing even one instance where players interacted based on the game.
    Maybe it's there but toned down to be included fully for the full release.

All in all I'm impressed so far.
    I was highly critical of FIFA 14 so was pessimistic heading into the demo.
    The dribbling game looks to have returned but there's also plenty of improvements in other areas as well to compliment.
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »

With that in mind I decided to redownload the 14 demo to compare the difference to the finished game as I've never replayed a demo(naturally) after release.
    Going to give it a go today to see the differences.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Saved a video of some goalkeeper dodgyness: http://1drv.ms/WPt13W

Also noticed that one on ones are more difficult to score, finese goals are more difficult and now when you're running at the goal from an angle it's not just a simple case of smashing the ball across the keeper into the far corner, it's far more difficult to keep it on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

awec wrote: »

Also noticed that one on ones are more difficult to score, finese goals are more difficult and now when you're running at the goal from an angle it's not just a simple case of smashing the ball across the keeper into the far corner, it's far more difficult to keep it on target.

Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

lads might be a stupid question but how do you actually download this demo on ps3??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

akelly02 wrote: »
    lads might be a stupid question but how do you actually download this demo on ps3??

In the playstation store under demos if my memory serves me right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone noticed the player movement with the ball a bit odd when running or moving?

Not all players seems to be as smooth i noticed this on game play videos as well it seems un natural.

Some of the shooting is similar as well.

I'm on the ps4 and straight away I noticed it but like I said but with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just downloaded the demo on PS4, good to see some things never change, Ibrahimovic is still a beast. Scored a hat-trick in my first game including this free kick;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

played a total of ten games today on the ps4 with one of the lads. its definitely an improvement to fifa 14. keepers save a lot more of the shots than they used to. its not as easy to score chips on them. long range shots require a bit more skill to them. first touch seems better. scored a good few goals from outside the box using R1 and circle. seems to be a 70% chance of scoring with it. even attempted the kick off glitch to see could it still be done. wasn't as easy as before but it is possible after a bit of practice i reckon. Cant wait the finished game to come out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is there a reason why I can't find this on Xbox Live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FIFA 15 UT LEGENDS RATINGS;

.2iifxa0.jpg
    ir3j8h.jpg
    25s0t3o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

That kick off glitch cost me relegation and a controller!!!!

Also

When skipping replays, does keeper still pass to opposition ?

Another controller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I can't get the damn thing to launch on PC, just hangs on the launch screen after picking country...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loving the demo. Something about dribbling with players, it feels so much more real and fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I haven't been playing against the AI which really defines if it will be good or bad for me since I'm all about the online play.

The shooting is redefined and for the most part I like it so far, but my brother has been scoring some ridiculous finesse shots from way out, but I'll give him that they were sweet.

Over the top through balls don't seem so overpowered and when I have pulled some off the defenders seem to catch up with the attacker relatively quick or the attacker takes a poor enough touch. I'm not so sure on crosses either, myself or the brother aren't much crossers of the ball, but we both have scored our fair share of corners.

The reactive time from when you press the button seems to have been improved upon again this just might be the case because it's offline whereas I'm so used to online the slight delay might be in the game.

With all that I remember FIFA 13's demo and I'm sure I was pretty impressed with that too. So I'm sure someone somewhere till eventually find something that can be exploited severely in the new one, but hopefully not.

BTW REUS IS A BEAST IN IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I think one thing that's probably being overlooked in opinions of the game is that some of us have played the next gen version and some the current gen.

I haven't played the current gen but I wouldn't expect to be impressed if I did.

It's substantially different to 14 in my view anyway.

The dribbling is much better which was 14's biggest failure IMO.
    In fact it was so bad, I'd count 14 as the worst FIFA in the 2008-2014 era.

Unfortunately like all FIFA games, playing the AI is a chore as it's either ridiculously easy or impossible to get the ball back.
    As somebody who's capable of beating most players I encounter, I find playing the AI on WC just too much of a headwrecker as they'll keep turning the opposite direction to your path and rarely make mistakes in defence.
    I'm sure there's a knack to playing the AI(apart from the demo I'd only play the AI in clubs when no one takes the ANY).
    But off the bat, the AI on WC is significantly better than playing a skilled user.

With that in mind it's hard to tell how the game will actually play against a second user but I can certainly see enough positives especially in the dribbling game to think this will be a great FIFA.

One or two issues I have noticed though that I hope are changed for the final build:

1. Long passes* are VERY inaccurate. I've never been fond of spamming ground passes out of defence and always used long passes to my taller striker to by pass pressure.
    I'm not talking significant long balls here which should be off mostly. I'm talking more about 20 yard passes with your wing back to a player in view on screen
    They've been going way off at times, the power bar seems to move fairly slow as well so this may be having an added impact.
    *NOT LB + Y

2. If you play a long pass thats short(doesn't clear the winger) and is headed back towards your goal, your defence spreads out in the middle leaving a big gap. This has been a problem for a few years now and doesn't seem to be adjusted.

3. The new goalkeeper AI is an improvement in some situations but at other times it feels like playing a drop in game of clubs where some clown has taken the GK and hasn't a clue how to play there.
    Some soft goals can go in as the keeper takes a poor position then a late dive for show.

In terms of the positives the shooting feels more realistic, taking a shot from the edge of the box won't see it either hit the target or just wide and I had a few that went a good 15 yards wide from areas where they'd have been at least on-line off the boot in previous versions.
    Also headers from some areas which would be classed as ''dead'' in previous versions have a chance now.
    This seems partly due to the goalkeeper AI but also you can get varying degrees of power and accuracy on the headers from all sorts of angles.

The spin as well comes across well in the shooting area.
    I had a shot yesterday that was struck from 20-30 yards and saved wide of the goal.
    In 2014 it would have came off the ground consistently for a throw, corner or dead outside the box but after it hit the ground it spun directly up on impact and sort of back towards the goal.
    The spin will certainly cut down on the consistent corner/wide/hold/wide to a set point you'd have got in previous versions as it may react better with the ground from an attacking POV.

I don't think the new player emotions was included in the demo as I honestly can't remember seeing even one instance where players interacted based on the game.
    Maybe it's there but toned down to be included fully for the full release.

All in all I'm impressed so far.
    I was highly critical of FIFA 14 so was pessimistic heading into the demo.
    The dribbling game looks to have returned but there's also plenty of improvements in other areas as well to compliment.

With that in mind I decided to redownload the 14 demo to compare the difference to the finished game as I've never replayed a demo(naturally) after release.
    Going to give it a go today to see the differences.

Pretty Spot on,
    Shooting is way harder, Fifa 14 you were either going to force a save or rattle the bar. With an average Shooter It will take a good bit of practice.

Lob through Ball Seems alot harder to get right, Deffo harder then 14, Maybe the lads i play with have all of a sudden got there Defence sorted...or it just doesnt seem as easy which is a great plus.

Keepers are much much better....Have let in a few stinkers...But The momentun coming into the box say with the far side open and slotting it in at a tight angle can leave the keeper completly WRong footed which looks Brilliant.

Another few things i liked...when trying to skip replays pressing "A" rarely takes some terrible pass to oppisition.

And the high Lights at the end of the game are Brilliant, When the commentator kicks in when some1 scores...and some class angles.

Very pleased so far....Cant wait for the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

the new goalkeeper animations are sweet
    boot prints on the pitch are visible which is cool

...all there really is in terms of things added to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Has anyone played it on 360/PS3 and wanna give a brief summary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a few matches on the PS4 demo way better so far then Fifa 14 to me this just plays right and the way it should be played

Like passing is a lot better so far from what i can tell i can get on good runs doing simple quick passing and before i know it i can go for goal i found in Fifa 14 it was extremely hard to have a good pass % rateing it was the same with a few friends as well.

Players basically move and think ahead of the game when the ball is going for them

Goal keepers fell smarter and go for the ball for a change instead of just looking at the ball and going the other way when your shutting on them.

Crossing fells a lot better and can pin point crosses a lot easier and get the ball into the box to who i won't.

Harder to get a goal i am finding so far like i can score but not the same amount i can get in Fifa 14.

Tickles are so much better it fells like the players fight for the ball for a change

I am wondering now what pro clubs is going to be like in it what is post to be new ?

Cant wait to get the full fifa 15 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Has anyone played it on 360/PS3 and wanna give a brief summary?

Played it on xbox 360. It's an improvement on last year's game but hardly worth the money if you have fifa 14. Very hard to score while chipping the keeper. Seems to be faster than 14. Played on ps4 and it is excellent to play. HUGE difference between xbox 360 and ps4 version. A lot of the animations seem to be exclusive to next generation consoles. I was slightly disappointed with the xbox 360 version.

Advertisement