Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Downloaded the demo for the 360.
    Barely any difference to last years.
    I know this is usually mentioned, but even some changes can make it worthwhile, but this year is a joke... on the 360 anyway.
    I sure hope PES on the 360 delivers.

You more or less answered your own question, on the past gen consoles theres going to be **** all difference they even said it themselves. Its more or less a squad & jersey update!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

ASOT wrote: »
    You more or less answered your own question, on the past gen consoles theres going to be **** all difference they even said it themselves. Its more or less a squad & jersey update!

Will all twenty Premier League stadiums be on the 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

439b8bf4fe97b7fabd9123e2122aa2a9ef284d4974ef668cedc5508d8708178d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

439b8bf4fe97b7fabd9123e2122aa2a9ef284d4974ef668cedc5508d8708178d.jpg

Cared enough to post a gay Spongebob pic though?

Havnt a clue, id say so but i wouldnt be to sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Seems ya can't ask a question about 360/PS3 without someone being a dickhead about it here, bar a few ofcourse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

How much would one get for FIFA 2013??

:pac: :D :P

Not that it matters anyway because, as it stands, I'll probably still be playing it by the time FIFA 2016 comes around, and if I still don't have a PS4/XB1 by then, then it could be 2016 before I buy another FIFA (i.e. FIFA 2017)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

how dare you call spongebob gay :mad: You have no childhood my friend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

how dare you call spongebob gay :mad: You have no childhood my friend

In his defence, technically he called the picture gay, not actually Spongebob himself. ;) :pac:

Not that there's anything wrong with being a homosexual in any case. I'm not personally, but I'm not a homophobe either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hi all,
    What are yor thoughts on the PS3 version so far? My initial impressions is that it feels like a Ps2 game. Are they not bringing the new presentations to old gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

deadybai wrote: »
    Hi all,
    What are yor thoughts on the PS3 version so far? My initial impressions is that it feels like a Ps2 game. Are they not bringing the the presentations to old gen?

Its fairly sh#t on the xb 360 aswel. Dont think they realy care bout old gen anymore tbh

Early Access launches on Thursday.

Confirmed at 6 hours.

Far too short for a sports games IMO.

Whatever about doing it with Dragons Age, there was no need to be so restricted with the sports titles.
    I'll probably just end up using it over a single night that weekend.

Once Battlefield is cast aside I'm done with the EA Access, thankfully I didn't take the full year.

The only advantage will be having the full game downloaded for the Tuesday release on the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Early Access launches on Thursday.

Confirmed at 6 hours.

Far too short for a sports games IMO.

Whatever about doing it with Dragons Age, there was no need to be so restricted with the sports titles.
    I'll probably just end up using it over a single night that weekend.

Once Battlefield is cast aside I'm done with the EA Access, thankfully I didn't take the full year.

The only advantage will be having the full game downloaded for the Tuesday release on the US store.

Harsh

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Harsh

Whats harsh?

The time limit is too short.
    Its also not tracked in game so you need to time it yourself.
    Lastly menu time counts so you need to turn it off if taking a break.
    Even a day pass is better than 6 hours.

It is a PAID service after all and if someone wanted to be a scab the demo would meet their needs so a longer trial shouldn't hurt sales.

The vault games are more or less obsolete now given new editions are launching.
    My short term use was for BF but long term it will be for trials and for 6 hours I have no interest in paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Whats harsh?

The time limit is too short.
    Its also not tracked in game so you need to time it yourself.
    Lastly menu time counts so you need to turn it off if taking a break.
    Even a day pass is better than 6 hours.

It is a PAID service after all and if someone wanted to be a scab the demo would meet their needs so a longer trial shouldn't hurt sales.

The vault games are more or less obsolete now given new editions are launching.
    My short term use was for BF but long term it will be for trials and for 6 hours I have no interest in paying.

I don't have EA access or a xb1 but 6 hours of time with a new game early, 10% off all EA purchases and free games for half the price of a new release is a great deal. I wish the PS4 had it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

If it freezes as much as FIFA 14 I will advise my boys not to buy it.
    Unreal how often that freezes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Find it a bit shocking how much goalies are rated better than Buffon, what has he done to get the big drop, where Casillas has been muck for a few seasons but is still highly rated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone know if xtravision is still giving €35 for the PS4 version ?. AS i see CEX is down to 10 euro cash :eek:.

As read on this Fifa 14 + €35 euros i can get Fifa 15 if i am right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Played the demo against the AI and didn't enjoy it. Found it very hard to win the ball back. Played it against my mate and loved it. Passing is a lot better and the push and tug defending and shield the ball appear to be quite effective.

Absolutely dying to get my hands on UT this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 OscarXC7

For those who have played this on PS3 and PS4 (or Xbox alternatives), is the difference in quality worth shelling out €400 to buy a PS4? Keeping in mind that I am not a massive gamer and most of my time will be spent playing Fifa.

OscarXC7 wrote: »
    For those who have played this on PS3 and PS4 (or Xbox alternatives), is the difference in quality worth shelling out €400 to buy a PS4? Keeping in mind that I am not a massive gamer and most of my time will be spent playing Fifa.

Fifa is the only game I really play. I shelled out last year for the PS4 with FIFA 14. There was a decent difference but nothing mind blowing. However, from what ive read so far, this year there is a huge difference. Supposedly the PS3 version is mainly just kit and squad changes and that EA aren't putting much into the older gen consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Fifa is the only game I really play. I shelled out last year for the PS4 with FIFA 14. There was a decent difference but nothing mind blowing. However, from what ive read so far, this year there is a huge difference. Supposedly the PS3 version is mainly just kit and squad changes and that EA aren't putting much into the older gen consoles

I agree with that and I also purchased a PS4 mainly for FIFA14 but I have ordered the XBOX One and FIFA15 bundle this year. Mainly due to poor choice of games on PS4 but also because I played Ultimate Team mainly in FIFA14 and the Legends are only available on XBOX One :)

Villain wrote: »
    I agree with that and I also purchased a PS4 mainly for FIFA14 but I have ordered the XBOX One and FIFA15 bundle this year. Mainly due to poor choice of games on PS4 but also because I played Ultimate Team mainly in FIFA14 and the Legends are only available on XBOX One :)

I'm jealous. Legends almost swayed me into getting XB1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

OscarXC7 wrote: »

yes, I was one of you. Bought FIFA, played it for 4/5 weeks, bought F1 played it for 2 weeks and PS3 wasnt touched till next September. Since I got PS4 the graphics (In my opinion) are so good it brings alive other games. From playing 5 weeks a year I play it 3 times a week now.

Even for FIFA alone it is worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Anyone know if xtravision is still giving €35 for the PS4 version ?. AS i see CEX is down to 10 euro cash :eek:.

As read on this Fifa 14 + €35 euros i can get Fifa 15 if i am right ?

Got €35 euro store credit in Xtra-vision Sunday. It was weird as they wouldn't take The Last of Us for some reason maybe they had too much in stock.

It's funny because FIFA 14 is available for €24.99 in the PSN store. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Finical wrote: »
    Got €35 euro store credit in Xtra-vision Sunday. It was weird as they wouldn't take The Last of Us for some reason maybe they had too much in stock.

It's funny because FIFA 14 is available for €24.99 in the PSN store. :D

Sounds good lol. I think fifa is cheaper if you have psn + as well.

Only thing is my xtra vision is like a 30 min walk from me so at lest i have something to do tommarow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gene_Parmesan

I was chatting to one of the lads that works in HMV/Xtravision on Henry Street on Thursday, they are still offering €35 store credit for PS4 FIFA 14.

He also said that the prices are amended every Thursday so I'l say get it traded today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

/Xpost from Bargains

I'm buying it on the US PSN.

US PSN $60 ~ €46 (If you don't know how to, search the forum, it will save you alot of money)

Gamestop Ireland €69.99
    Gamestop UK £41.97 ~ €52.43

€17 difference betwen Ireland and UK.

Other reasons:

1. The trade in value on Fifa 14 is less than 20euro, and retail price here is €60-70, so theres little benefit.
    2. Not ar$ed with Ultimate team version as the 40 free packs is 1 per week. (If you are buying packs anyway it may be of benefit).
    3. You can play FIFA 15 on Tuesday 23rd.

Please don't give Scamstop any money, they have closed their stores in Spain, as they were ripping them off also, they'll never learn unless their profits get damaged.

Shop online, Amazon/VGP/US PSN etc.

• Advertisement

How can you play it on the 23rd??

Advertisement