Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,133 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Hopefully someone who gets the PS4 version early can confirm if the scaling problem on the PS4 demo has been fixed for the final version. Might explain some of the loss of fidelity compared to the One demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

McDermotX wrote: »
    Hopefully someone who gets the PS4 version early can confirm if the scaling problem on the PS4 demo has been fixed for the final version. Might explain some of the loss of fidelity compared to the One demo.

This really annoyed me, my mates was really bad the whole score boards was gone, everything after the scoreboard was cut off for me which wasnt as bad as his.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That sounds bizarre. Surely its easy to fix though? It sounds like a resolution problem. Will no doubt be fixed for the main game.

Kirby wrote: »
    That sounds bizarre. Surely its easy to fix though? It sounds like a resolution problem. Will no doubt be fixed for the main game.

Theres no setting in the demo to change to try and fix it, only solution was changing the aspect ratio on the tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,133 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yep.......it's extremely odd, and I even downloaded it again a few days later following an unrelated re-install of a PS4 hoping that it may have been rectified, but it wasn't.
    It's obviously only a small oversight, but if you play it following the One version, it's extremely noticeable how it impacts the sharpness and colour definition in comparison (at least I hope that's the reason!)
    Would prefer to be playing the full thing on the PS4 but it's definitely a deal-breaker if it's not fixed.

Not sure if changing the resolution of the system to 1080p rather than auto might help, maybe someone with it in front of them can try it, but it shouldn't have to be done.

• Advertisement

Early access is up. playing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Are Fifa 14 coins carried to fut 15?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

No.

Yeah i seen some forum say you could.

Was thinking was to easy

I just bought it through the US store. The regular version isn't available digitally yet....I guess they want everybody to buy the Ultimate. :rolleyes:

If you meant for the Xbox One, which I assume you did since you're on early access (going by below), you missed the regular version on the store.

I remember opening it yesterday and seeing $70 and thinking they increased the price.
    Opening it through the EA Access short link automatically brings you to the UT version.

You have to select the 15 pack version which is $10 cheaper.
    In the store page for 15, there's three pictures of the cover, the smaller ones on the side indicate the two different versions 15 pack and 40 pack.
    Early access is up. playing it now.

Muder Fakas.... been looking at their Twitter page since I last checked the store at 3.
    They kept posting to keep an eye on their and FB as well as posting the same other 3/4 stock answers on the early access.

So they neglect to post the only relevant information in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

is the fifa 15 web app only for those who had fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just downloaded the ultimate edition form the US store charged 48.70 will def be using again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

D_turbo wrote: »
    Yeah i seen some forum say you could.

Was thinking was to easy

fifa points yes.
    fifa coins no they have never transfered

web app supposed to be up at 8. All ready crashed. Oh EA :p

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I had Fifa pre-downloaded, went to play early access and guess what? Its started to download again. Typical EA cant do anything right....

Question for anyone with ea early access.

Are transfers up to date and if you start a career mode and save it will it carry over to the full game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having played a few games today, must now admit that the "clunkiness" I worried about before has grown on me. Players feel heavier and meatier, but that actually works a bit. Feels more....realistic, I think is the word I want. Collisions feel like collisions, tackles and fights for the ball feel good. Players aren't just lightweights who fly round the pitch.

Like that I can push players out from a goal kick and send them up the field. Am also stupidly happy that when I score and run to the corner flag, I can knock it over :P

Question for anyone with ea early access.

Are transfers up to date and if you start a career mode and save it will it carry over to the full game?

Everything is up to date and yes, all your settings and saves carry over, including career.

Everything is up to date and yes, all your settings and saves carry over, including career.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to go off topic but is there any hitches to just signing up for the 1 month on ea access like will they renew it each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

are keepers still so difficult to beat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

PS4 - I've found the keepers alot tougher, especially 1 v 1 and direct shots.

The finesse shot is a bit bugged, as I've been able to score from 40 yards without much effort, GK just stands and looks at it float over their head.

Like alot of people I swapped from PES to FIFA in 2010, I really feel '15 is very PES like in it's movement and passing.

Passes feel like they have a bit of weight in them, along with players feeling more athletic in the contact.

So far really like the the demo, have bought it on US PSN, so roll on 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Normally don't play FIFA but downloaded the demo for PS4 and was blown away by it.

Movement feels so fluid and I'm finding it a challenge to score. Just like old Pro Evo's! Sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Do I need to own Fifa 14 ? I didnt buy 14 but bought 13 on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Having played a few games today, must now admit that the "clunkiness" I worried about before has grown on me. Players feel heavier and meatier, but that actually works a bit. Feels more....realistic, I think is the word I want. Collisions feel like collisions, tackles and fights for the ball feel good. Players aren't just lightweights who fly round the pitch.

Like that I can push players out from a goal kick and send them up the field. Am also stupidly happy that when I score and run to the corner flag, I can knock it over :P
    Much different from the demo?. Which I thought was very good.

Kudros wrote: »
    Do I need to own Fifa 14 ? I didnt buy 14 but bought 13 on the PC

Do you mean to use the web app. I'm having the same problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can imagine the new corner system will be abused; being able to select the reciever and get the ball passed to him specifically by the AI seems like it will be overpowered in theory...

Can imagine the new corner system will be abused; being able to select the reciever and get the ball passed to him specifically by the AI seems like it will be overpowered in theory...

Its not really from my experiences, its actually worse. The crowd the keeper option seems to be the OP one, I can score nearly every corner with Chelsea from it because the keeper gets blocked off and cant get to the ball ahead of costa.

I can say from experience it doesn't really work.
    The corner can go anywhere really, must safer to aim if yourself. You also can't cancel it if you switch, so much so one time he took it short while I was in the box.

The whole switch to receiver is a wasted feature IMO
    Only works right on throws and that was there before anyway

When I've used it on frees in my half I've found even getting the player I want a chore and they can just hit it somewhere random.. In one of my first online games with a slender lead late he auto passed it short and nearly lost it.
    Personally I'm done with it.

What may work though is custom set pieces.
    Played one lad with them, theyre more realistic now.
    Its not a case of a screen change then players run the routes once.
    The screen no longer flickers but you'll notice the players in the box all shift and for his set piece they seemed to keep moving in small circles until he kicked it... More dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thinking of going down a different route in career mode this year and starting with a team well down the table in a lower league.

Whats everyones experiences with this ? What league/team do you tend to find it works well with?

Id love to have a team for the future that can build up from the ground and end up with loads of 80+ superstars.

By the way 5000 posts!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I played a career with southampton while back. Sold all the usless ones and bought young players and won the league lol

Advertisement