Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I just did it there myself with no problems, you'll need to enter a us address (I just used a hotel) but should work handy enough.

Cheers thanks i'll get it done on lunch will be nice to come home tomorrow and play the game :) I wonder if you go to buy pack for the game do you have to use the us account if so that will be a bit of a pain

Am I right in saying if you buy from the US store you can play the game now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

No. You can pre-load it now. And then you can play it from tomorrow morning. 8am GMT I believe.

Mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait for tomorrow to roll on so the repeat questions about the US store will cease.

Anyway on the gameplay.

Two things have started to stand out to me since yesterday.

If you hated bad decisions by the refs, well in some ways they're WORSE this year.
    I was losing to a fella 2-1 yesterday after he got two penalties for things that would seldom happen in previous FIFAs, definitely the second one.
    First he lofted a ball to Ibra and while it was bouncing my player bumped into him... first one.

The second was probably the biggest joke I've ever seen in FIFA.
    He crossed/lofted a ball from the wing which was coming close to my goal, my defender was in front of Ibra and I cleared it first time.... the whistle goes while the ball is travelling.... replay shows my goalie challenged Ibra when my defender had space to kick it.

Also you need to be careful using the pull now, for a laugh yest I did it to a lad who somewhat got through on goal, the ball was a mile away from him and fairly wide.... in 14 if I was close with a slow attacker/defender I used to give the pull button the odd tap to try close the gap.
    After literally one press I was sent off with Mertesaker.

Another problem seems to be the power bar.
    Passes are frequently going completely off target, this always happened before but it's FAR more obvious now.
    You may be coming through the middle and wanting to tap it 5 yards ahead to the other CM and it goes like a rocket 15 yards to the attacker.

I honestly think the passing is bugged and possibly related to the power bar.

I had a short through ball from my LW to LB go out for a throw yest and when I checked the power it was at full.... the pass was just a little overlap and I tapped it.
    Ill be keeping an eye on it but regardless it's somewhat ruining the game when you're aiming at a striker and the ball goes to the LW who's a bloody mile away.

Ive also had an A.Cole pass go out for a CORNER when I was trying to pass it to a CB, he did a 180..... it can be ridic off at times.

The old system of it going to an offside striker as opposed to the onside one seems like heaven compared to this.

You can get games as well where it's not visually laggy but the game plays like ****e.... I missed the target with two penalties yesterday due to missing the power bar in two such games.
    I would literally NEVER miss the target in previous versions, so two in a day in a bit of a annoyance.
    The game looks fine but everything just feels so delayed and awkward.

• Advertisement

Ordering FIFA isnt going too well for me still no code from amazon and hasnt even processed the order yet anyone else have this problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ordering FIFA isnt going too well for me still no code from amazon and hasnt even processed the order yet anyone else have this problem ?

I had them like a minute after ordering.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I had them like a minute after ordering.

Just got them there had me waiting 30 mins but got them in the end now just need to pre load and ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

I ordered it on gamestop online. Do they usually deliver it on the Friday or is there a chance I might get it a day or two early?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered on the US PSN. Ultimate Edition for €55. Being able to play it tomorrow was the clincher.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are GameStop doing there 9.99 deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Are GameStop doing there 9.99 deal?

Was in there at lunch they doing it but you have to trade in two titles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just got it for around €31 by buying it from the Mexican Origin site.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fusionballs

Does anybody know if charlestown gamestop is doing a midnight release?

Would be super if do :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Playing it online on EA Access i am loving it so far, can't wait for my pre-order to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Playing it online on EA Access also, struggled with the first few games. Its more about pace and power this year and if you are a skiller. Very hard to defend against the quick strong strikers like Lukaku and Benteke. Its like they are on skates, the glide past defenders and its very hard to recover. Reminds me of the WC game. Finesse finishes seem to work far more than last year. Only conceded a couple of headers for a change and none from the K.O/KSI method. I saw a lot of harsh pens both for and against me for slight contact. Player changing was a bit off too, maybe its my settings. Might take me a while to get used to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

With regards to buying a digital copy via the American store, does that have any impact on your ability to play online?

It may be a silly question , but if I have a US profile will that try and pair me up with America based players when I play online seasons or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can play online with European players using games bought from the US store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

With regards to buying a digital copy via the American store, does that have any impact on your ability to play online?

It may be a silly question , but if I have a US profile will that try and pair me up with America based players when I play online seasons or something?

I can only speak about the xbox one version. But there is no difference in versions between the US and European versions of the game. Regardless where you buy it, all that matters is the region that your xbox is set to in your settings.

So for example, if you bought it from the American digital store and set your region to Ireland, you would be matched up with European people and if you set you region to America, you would be matched up with the yanks and Mexicans.

Cheers, folks. I'm on the PS4 but that all sounds promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

where is the cheapes place to get fifa on ps4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

MarkY91 wrote: »
    where is the cheapes place to get fifa on ps4?

Thats been the main chat in this thread and in like 4 other threads. Look around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What download size is the full game?

Might buy the Xbox One with digital download but haven't got uberfast broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Liamalone wrote: »

I pre ordered that bundle, xbox one with fifa 15. Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OscarXC7

Liamalone wrote: »

14GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So they've removed the latency bar in UT :mad:

Like what's the point in that!! It makes zero sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So they've removed the latency bar in UT :mad:

Like what's the point in that!! It makes zero sense!

I often went into games with 3 bar and stil lagged like sh*t

Right, that's downloading via Uncle Sam. Thanks for those who gave a heads up on the US store workaround! Surprised how easy it was in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I often went into games with 3 bar and stil lagged like sh*t

Yep it was useless, no accuracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Roll on getting home after work, FIFA ready & waiting for me!

Advertisement