Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Kirby wrote: »
    They can waffle on all they want about emotion. Nobody gives a sh*t. What people actually care about is mind bogglingly simple. The game and how it actually plays.

Fix/Remove LB+Y balls over the top. Imo, its a mistake to try and balance it. They will fail. Just remove it. If people want to play lofted through balls, let them use the chip button.

Fix tackling. It's impossible to shield the ball from a tackler. You can't. They just barrel into you. The only way is to dribble/run away from them. It looks terrible and plays worse. So either change the tackling system, or actually start giving fouls. If people gave away 20 fouls a game, they would soon learn to stop assaulting the opposition.

Fix letting the AI play for you. The most effective way to defend....is not to. People hold down the contain button and then go make a sandwich. That is not playing. Remove it.

Fix stamina.
    Have it actually matter. If some idiot wants to chase me around the pitch like a lunatic, punish him for it. You cant do it in real football, you shouldn't be able to do it in the game without some sort of penalty. And I don't mean in a "he's tired for the last 10 minutes" sort of way. He should be tired right now. If you sprint solid for a minute, you need to take a break. It's ridiculous that you can sprint for 90 minutes without penalty in this.

Fix crossing and heading. Crossing is too accurate. Heading is too powerful. I have Falcao in the Ultimate team world cup mode and its an absolute joke. Tap cross, tap header, score goal. I mean it sickens me how easy it is. Easily fixed.

Stop faffing about on pointless crap. Spend the nine months fixing gameplay issues....issues that have plagued the game for several years and several iterations.

Sherlock-Bless-This-Post.gif

The main problem also is that EA have no direct competition. It's easy for them to make up some bull**** feature or pivot an old idea into something very similar. Here's hoping that someone new makes a proper football simulator in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Im starting to think they left it out of this Fifa, so they could say its a "new" feature for the next one, and it being one of the main selling points

I think they did it in an attempt to boost sales of the World Cup game, most people kept their 360/PS3 after buying a next-gen console after all..

They can waffle on all they want about emotion. Nobody gives a sh*t. What people actually care about is mind bogglingly simple. The game and how it actually plays.

Fix/Remove LB+Y balls over the top. Imo, its a mistake to try and balance it. They will fail. Just remove it. If people want to play lofted through balls, let them use the chip button.

Fix tackling. It's impossible to shield the ball from a tackler. You can't. They just barrel into you. The only way is to dribble/run away from them. It looks terrible and plays worse. So either change the tackling system, or actually start giving fouls. If people gave away 20 fouls a game, they would soon learn to stop assaulting the opposition.

Fix letting the AI play for you. The most effective way to defend....is not to. People hold down the contain button and then go make a sandwich. That is not playing. Remove it.

Fix stamina.
    Have it actually matter. If some idiot wants to chase me around the pitch like a lunatic, punish him for it. You cant do it in real football, you shouldn't be able to do it in the game without some sort of penalty. And I don't mean in a "he's tired for the last 10 minutes" sort of way. He should be tired right now. If you sprint solid for a minute, you need to take a break. It's ridiculous that you can sprint for 90 minutes without penalty in this.

Fix crossing and heading. Crossing is too accurate. Heading is too powerful. I have Falcao in the Ultimate team world cup mode and its an absolute joke. Tap cross, tap header, score goal. I mean it sickens me how easy it is. Easily fixed.

Stop faffing about on pointless crap. Spend the nine months fixing gameplay issues....issues that have plagued the game for several years and several iterations.

This, and I'd love if they fixed all the stupid shít like the advantage rule lasting 10 seconds, offsides actually counting the body part you can score with which is further upfield, and if they made it so offsides aren't given if there's no interruption with play. It's just little things that annoy me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Don't buy this for the xbox 360 or ps3 because there would of been little work done on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

The first FIFA (since use of real names) without Ryan Giggs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The first FIFA (since use of real names) without Ryan Giggs :(
    This makes me feel both very sad and very old in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Maye83 wrote: »

Another official video.

Another bullshit addition.

Keno wrote: »
    Another bullshit addition.

I think it looks good, better than changing the formula completely and ruining the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So it appears that I will have the opportunity to travel to EA Headquarters in Gildford and have a look at FIFA 15 on Tuesday next week. Will also be interviewing some developers so if there are any questions you guys think I should ask please let me know.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    So it appears that I will have the opportunity to travel to EA Headquarters in Gildford and have a look at FIFA 15 on Tuesday next week. Will also be interviewing some developers so if there are any questions you guys think I should ask please let me know.

I'd like to know if they're adding improvements to the pre-match/post-match atmosphere/actions etc., I know it's a bit of a strange one but it's the same in every match currently and I'd actually find it interesting if they changed it up a bit for big games or based on current form etc.. Just watched it once in FIFA 14 and skipped it every other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

please ask if career mode will be the same, in that you can't search for players based on their ratings like in other Fifa's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Do they plan on fixing any issues that's fifa 14 had. And will they please fix the goddamn severs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Okay. I'm getting my grouchy hat on. :p

I would decide early if you are going for some fun and to play the game....or if you actually want to ask some pertinent questions about the game and risk making them uncomfortable.

Every interview piece so far has been powder puff stuff with the same canned answers about the emotion engine and new animations. They've been asked and answered 100 times as you can see on youtube so why not ask some things that are relevant to the fans of the game. Find out some info that we don't already know.

You play the game Mikey, and you know as well as anyone the issues that are in the game so ask them stuff that matters. A few ideas.

What are they doing to address over the top through balls?

Is player contain still a thing?

Are they changing the mechanics or controls in any way or is still the same?

Speed is king in every Fifa. It shouldn't be. Slow but talented players should be useful. What are they doing to promote passing football?

Have they fixed accidentally kicking the ball out with your keeper while trying to skip a replay? This infuriates a lot of people. They fixed this last year and inexplicably broke it again this year. Ask them about that.

Are they changing the crossing mechanics or are they the same as before?

They showed footage of several players challenging for a ball before last years fifa. What happened to that? Why did they drop it and will it be in this years game or is heading still restricted to 2 players only?

Ask them why we cant skip the cinematic at the end of a match. It goes on for a while and can't be skipped even if both players want to. This is a weird one.

You get the idea. Please don't just stick to the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ea will never make all these drastic changes in one year, they would then have the perfect game and just be selling the same thing every year, no we might if we are lucky get one change a year so they can drag it out for god knows how long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Maybe ask if they fixed that stupid animation where the player goes chasing after the ball for ages when it goes out for a throw in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd like to know if all these improvements they're advertising are strictly for next gen or not. Fifa 14 on Xbox 360 feels so unfinished. I haven't played next gen so I don't know if that version was more complete, I'd imagine so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I haven't played FIFA 14 so they might have fixed this, but ask them to get rid of the stupid process of having to choose the English language upon every start up.

Also, to make some worthwhile improvements to the game and not throw out FIFA 14.5. That would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tell them to put indoor football back in. I loved that in Fifa 97 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Could you ask them if they ever thought of putting real managers into the game like their world cup editions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

- Irish players incorrectly being sent to US servers
    - Will there be some sort of mechanism to get out of a game with a bad connection?
    - How are you making pro clubs actually fun again? (Kick GK's that are taking the piss, players who only shoot)
    - Can they fix the wrong player bug on Pro clubs?
    - Get rid of over reliance of tactics & other game breaking mechanics in Seasons & UT. Give everyone a level playing field?
    - Why do they handicap/isolate seasoned Fifa players?

In terms of non gameplay related stuff

- More transparent with the community about updates, the battlelog forums are a pretty good place for Bf4 devs to get the word out
    - Customer support, get people who actually give a damn!
    - What do they think of PES?

I'd like to know if they're adding improvements to the pre-match/post-match atmosphere/actions etc., I know it's a bit of a strange one but it's the same in every match currently and I'd actually find it interesting if they changed it up a bit for big games or based on current form etc.. Just watched it once in FIFA 14 and skipped it every other time.

Yeah I'll be asking that, they touched on it at E3 so hopefully they will have more info.
    please ask if career mode will be the same, in that you can't search for players based on their ratings like in other Fifa's

I was thinking of that myself, the scouting network thing, ill ask that.
    Could you ask them if they ever thought of putting real managers into the game like their world cup editions

Good question, I'll ask that.
    Tell them to put indoor football back in. I loved that in Fifa 97 :)

My favourite slice of FIFA nostalgia too, I'll ask that. Even if I know they'll say no.
    Maybe ask if they fixed that stupid animation where the player goes chasing after the ball for ages when it goes out for a throw in?

One of my main gripes too, I'll try ask that.
    Okay. I'm getting my grouchy hat on. :p

I would decide early if you are going for some fun and to play the game....or if you actually want to ask some pertinent questions about the game and risk making them uncomfortable.

Every interview piece so far has been powder puff stuff with the same canned answers about the emotion engine and new animations. They've been asked and answered 100 times as you can see on youtube so why not ask some things that are relevant to the fans of the game. Find out some info that we don't already know.

You play the game Mikey, and you know as well as anyone the issues that are in the game so ask them stuff that matters. A few ideas.

What are they doing to address over the top through balls?

Is player contain still a thing?

Are they changing the mechanics or controls in any way or is still the same?

Speed is king in every Fifa. It shouldn't be. Slow but talented players should be useful. What are they doing to promote passing football?

Have they fixed accidentally kicking the ball out with your keeper while trying to skip a replay? This infuriates a lot of people. They fixed this last year and inexplicably broke it again this year. Ask them about that.

Are they changing the crossing mechanics or are they the same as before?

They showed footage of several players challenging for a ball before last years fifa. What happened to that? Why did they drop it and will it be in this years game or is heading still restricted to 2 players only?

Ask them why we cant skip the cinematic at the end of a match. It goes on for a while and can't be skipped even if both players want to. This is a weird one.

You get the idea. Please don't just stick to the script.

Some good suggestions in there, and some that would be more suited to me entering the building to Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme song, skulling two beers, and Stone Cold Stunnering every member of the EA staff.

I don't want to do the same stuff everyone has already done, but I really can't rock the boat that much. This is for balls.ie at the end of the day, not a gaming website, so I can't get that deep into the nitty-gritty. But I'll ask a few of those, certainly the lofted through balls and multiple player aerial challenges.
    miralize wrote: »
    - Irish players incorrectly being sent to US servers
    - Will there be some sort of mechanism to get out of a game with a bad connection?
    - How are you making pro clubs actually fun again? (Kick GK's that are taking the piss, players who only shoot)
    - Can they fix the wrong player bug on Pro clubs?
    - Get rid of over reliance of tactics & other game breaking mechanics in Seasons & UT. Give everyone a level playing field?
    - Why do they handicap/isolate seasoned Fifa players?

In terms of non gameplay related stuff

- More transparent with the community about updates, the battlelog forums are a pretty good place for Bf4 devs to get the word out
    - Customer support, get people who actually give a damn!
    - What do they think of PES?

Again, I'm not going there to tell them how **** they are :pac: I would say a lot of Pro Clubs info will be embargoed.

There is lots of info to share, I've just been swore to secrecy under penalty of death. There is an embargo, but I can't even say when it's up.

It's all very secret, I actually could have gotten in trouble for even saying I was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Are things.. positive? Negative? Meh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

miralize wrote: »
    Are things.. positive? Negative? Meh?

I really enjoyed myself on Tuesday. I can't say what I was doing or where I was doing it, but I enjoyed it, whatever it was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I hope they fix the refs. Nothing more frustrating than giving away a random penalty in a tight match online, or the odd game where the ref decides that 50% of the time when you win the ball cleanly, it's a free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bring back diving!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Keno wrote: »
    I haven't played FIFA 14 so they might have fixed this, but ask them to get rid of the stupid process of having to choose the English language upon every start up.

Also, to make some worthwhile improvements to the game and not throw out FIFA 14.5. That would be nice.

On next gen you've to choose English and then your accent for the Kinect.

Every. Single. Time. :(

Advertisement