Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Can you upgrade to UT at a later stage or is it best to just buy it now? 80e for that version but have never played it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

vidor wrote: »
    Can you upgrade to UT at a later stage or is it best to just buy it now? 80e for that version but have never played it before.

You don't need to pay any extra money just to play UT. The ultimate team edition of the game just means you get more free packs spread over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Anyone know when we can expect online reviews?? Can't find anything at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

I downloaded the full 14gb launched the game played the quick game while installing it's only went up 1% to 74% should it be taking this long see pic

You don't need to pay any extra money just to play UT. The ultimate team edition of the game just means you get more free packs spread over the year

Worth the extra tenner?

• Advertisement

Worth the extra tenner?

I dunno really, I only started getting into FUT last year so have never gotten the UT edition before (I did this year though because I don't want to spend any more money on the game throughout the year ideally and a the extra pack each week should be enough of a fix). If you're not certain if you'll play much UT I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Worth the extra tenner?

I'd use the tenner to buy some packs tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deano77888

Anyone know how can i get the free gold packs with the us version seems pointless paying extra and cant use it and can you not buy points!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

deano77888 wrote: »
    Anyone know how can i get the free gold packs with the us version seems pointless paying extra and cant use it and can you not buy points!

You get one pack every week for 36 weeks i think it is. You where probably better off just spending the extra money it costs on packs.

You get one pack every week for 36 weeks i think it is. You where probably better off just spending the extra money it costs on packs.

should i not get a pack today though?

• Advertisement

should i not get a pack today though?

I'm not 100% mate, i couldnt tell you. Was there any extra content to download?

Villain wrote: »
    I'd use the tenner to buy some packs tbh

It's good to get them all at the start yeah, but it should be noted that a tenner would only buy you 10 packs so it's significantly less overall

Is the game working ok for the lads that bought it off the us xbox store? Can you buy FIFA points etc with no problems?

Is the game working ok for the lads that bought it off the us xbox store? Can you buy FIFA points etc with no problems?

Its laggy as hell on ps4 and you cant buy points and dont get anything from the ultimate edition yet not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Its laggy as hell on ps4 and you cant buy points and dont get anything from the ultimate edition yet not worth it

Took awhile at first to get a game but it wasn't laggy for me I've played a few cup games and two season matches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

You have to buy points on the account you bought the game off, and thats were you get your free packs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

US store purchase works perfectly on Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

I Can use it on my American account for the ps4 but when I try playing using my European account it tells me something about the server can't authenticised. Kind of a bummer. Also anybody have a problem with the screen size the scoreboard is near invisible at the top of the screen

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    I Can use it on my American account for the ps4 but when I try playing using my European account it tells me something about the server can't authenticised. Kind of a bummer. Also anybody have a problem with the screen size the scoreboard is near invisible at the top of the screen

Im using it on my normal account not a bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Sorry for the noob question probably been asked a thousand times.

Just to verify if I get the game through my US PSN account will I have to buy US PSN cards in order to buy packs on my Irish account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,138 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

PS4 version still has the zoom/overscan issue that was present in the demo.

Finical wrote: »
    Sorry for the noob question probably been asked a thousand times.

Just to verify if I get the game through my US PSN account will I have to buy US PSN cards in order to buy packs on my Irish account?

Yeah but you cant even use your irish account for the packs has to be the us one!Alot of people tell otherwise

Yeah but you cant even use your irish account for the packs has to be the us one!Alot of people tell otherwise

Thats usually how it is, when you buy games on the US accounts you can only buy DLC from that region. Simple just buy the packs on the us accunt then transfer them over to your eu account. Might take a bit longer but itl work out cheaper for packs to.

So on a basic level is the goal of FUT to accumulate a front three of Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez?

So on a basic level is the goal of FUT to accumulate a front three of Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez?

I think its to win games and enjoy it.

But could you play the game for the whole year with just players from the bronze/silver category or is that just not the way it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭bren2001

But could you play the game for the whole year with just players from the bronze/silver category or is that just not the way it works?

Every match you play you earn coins. You get more if you win, score goals, dont concede etc. You can enter tournaments to win point or a league format where you get coins for promotion, staying up or going down. With the coins you can go to the transfer market and buy players (gold, silver or bronze). Alternatively you can buy packs. You wont know who or what you are going to get, often you end up with players you dont need.

You could do that if you wanted but it's not hard to get a team of all gold players from the same league/nationality quickly enough and then work from there. Not much hope of ever getting the likes of Messi and Ronaldo unless you get lucky though.

Bought it for e40 (with ea access discount) through the us store on xbox one.

Works perfectly and I switched back the region to Ireland and I can buy FIFA points etc with my paypal account!

• Advertisement

Has anybody else started to pick up on the passing power bar problems yet?.

The indicator for the pass power assistance showing the perfect mark only seems to appear 1:4 times and I'm starting to notice a significant amount of the wild passes happen when the marker doesn't appear on the power bar.

It's also powering to different levels at times with the same press.

Through balls are a mess at the minute since with a 6 yard pass and one bar of power the actual power of the pass can rocket miles ahead.
    There's absolutely no consistency in it in any sort of way, seems to 2/3 issues with it.

Also missed the target with a 3rd bloody peno in about 6 attempts online.

I NEVER missed the green mark in any FIFA before this and I'm at about 50% now.
    The last was in the 86th minute 2-1 down :mad:.... the game isn't reacting properly to presses there and it's landing a fair bit of the middle.

Great game but there's a few performance issues that are making it a bit annoying at present.

Advertisement