Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Is anyone else finding the commentary really annoying? I don't mind Martin Tyler in real life but here he is extremely irritating. I hate the way himself and Smith blather on about something with a recycled section I'm tired of hearing. He blathers on so much that he has to keep interrupting himself when a shot is being taken and this is usually with that stupid high pitched shout of the player's name, or most annoying: "GOT TO BE" or "WOOOAH." These shouts are in a completely different tone and it's jarring. In other games there's less blather so there's usually silences between each piece of commentary but here they have to pad out the whole time with boring sections from Smith. I hate when they go on about the Manchester City project again and again and how much good is being done.

I think less is more and the more of all the extra blather that they shoehorn in to try and make it sound like a normal game, the more irritating it is. The thing is, it's not a normal game and the speed of their blather doesn't align with the speed of the gamplay and as a result there's a lot of interruptions and cut-offs. I hate when a picture of a player pops up and then they launch into the parts you've heard a million times, a lot of it is recycled from previous years, e.g. "there's been talk of him finishing his career..." to which Smith always says "I mean, only he knows blah blah."

It's even more annoying when he talks about a player I've sold and then says the manager is unhappy that he was sold and all this nonsense when it doesn't even apply. Or when the chance has long passed and the other team is attacking in my half and he suddenly shouts "off the bar and WIDE" in a big dramatic voice. The shot happened a good half minute ago.

I'm going to switch to the foreign commentary now but I was interested to know if anyone else hates the commentary or if it's just me?

This is my major annoyance, I didn't want to register my annoyance with the gameplay because to be quiet honest, I have been pretty woeful at defending these past few years and I'm not sure whether the fact that I am atrocious again so far is down to just me. I will say the autoswitching I can't fathom, or indeed the jockeying or containing anymore. It seems even harder, which is a disaster for me as I was pretty lame at this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

WoW,

*hands crazy Christ the remote, highlighting the volume "-" button.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Kells... wrote: »
    What?!

Played for a while yesterday and the attacking play is good but the defending yet again is terrible,it autoswitches horribly
    ASOT wrote: »
    Well I played as the any and had no trouble switching 99% but i play on manual switching, i woudlnt touch autoswitching with a bargepole in any fifa games!

I was hoping they would remove the ANY. People who play with just 2 or 3 people with one playing as ANY should just go play co-op seasons.

Problem with it though is everyone wants to be the striker so very hard to get people to play CDM and CB. I love playing CDM, and sometimes as a CB. But as a CDM you can really control the whole game. In fifa 14 I would regularly get 9+ ratings as a CDM with no goals or assists, just by getting tackles in, high pass accuracy, and a few key passes.

I've only played about 20 games of clubs on 15 so far. Also the glitch to boost your pro is back, but think its only 3 points to your overall. I wont be using it as its take away from the achievement of getting ranked on the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Is anyone else finding the commentary really annoying? I don't mind Martin Tyler in real life but here he is extremely irritating. I hate the way himself and Smith blather on about something with a recycled section I'm tired of hearing. He blathers on so much that he has to keep interrupting himself when a shot is being taken and this is usually with that stupid high pitched shout of the player's name, or most annoying: "GOT TO BE" or "WOOOAH." These shouts are in a completely different tone and it's jarring. In other games there's less blather so there's usually silences between each piece of commentary but here they have to pad out the whole time with boring sections from Smith. I hate when they go on about the Manchester City project again and again and how much good is being done.

I think less is more and the more of all the extra blather that they shoehorn in to try and make it sound like a normal game, the more irritating it is. The thing is, it's not a normal game and the speed of their blather doesn't align with the speed of the gamplay and as a result there's a lot of interruptions and cut-offs. I hate when a picture of a player pops up and then they launch into the parts you've heard a million times, a lot of it is recycled from previous years, e.g. "there's been talk of him finishing his career..." to which Smith always says "I mean, only he knows blah blah."

It's even more annoying when he talks about a player I've sold and then says the manager is unhappy that he was sold and all this nonsense when it doesn't even apply. Or when the chance has long passed and the other team is attacking in my half and he suddenly shouts "off the bar and WIDE" in a big dramatic voice. The shot happened a good half minute ago.

I'm going to switch to the foreign commentary now but I was interested to know if anyone else hates the commentary or if it's just me?

This is my major annoyance, I didn't want to register my annoyance with the gameplay because to be quiet honest, I have been pretty woeful at defending these past few years and I'm not sure whether the fact that I am atrocious again so far is down to just me. I will say the autoswitching I can't fathom, or indeed the jockeying or containing anymore. It seems even harder, which is a disaster for me as I was pretty lame at this anyway.

you can turn down the commentary to 0 in the audio settings section, i agree with what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Played a few matches last night and today. Really shows how bad 14 was. This is the best Fifa game in years imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

Have bought FIFA 15 for the PC. I usually buy pest every year. Have to say that the game looks amazing, its nearly life like.. stated playing it and I find it a bit clunky.. seems a little buy unresponsive when you are running players or having a shot. Not sure whether to return it or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

Have bought FIFA 15 for the PC. I usually buy pest every year. Have to say that the game looks amazing, its nearly life like.. stated playing it and I find it a bit clunky.. seems a little buy unresponsive when you are running players or having a shot. Not sure whether to return it or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Give it more than a day at least. Every new Fifa takes an adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hefferboi wrote: »
    Played a few matches last night and today. Really shows how bad 14 was. This is the best Fifa game in years imo.

Explain how?
    I played the demo and didn't see much difference (on 360).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Any1 want a few games later on xb1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really like it so far, but I virtually completely skipped FIFA 14 and got 15 on Xbox One.

Is there any tournaments or the like ran here on Boards and/or any plans for same?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Forgive this question if it has already been asked, but I haven't played FIFA since 13 on PS3. Are custom set pieces gone? I'm playing on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I dont like when the keeper pulls off a save and it cuts to a cinematic where it shows the keepers name and his shots/shots on target stats.

Cant be too much trouble to have the saves stats appear instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Any idea why the fcuk are we forced to play a match of Liverpool vs Man City???? I know you can quit it but of what earthly use is there in forcing players to play such a non-event game?

No complaints last year when you had to play Barca V Real 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Why can't I change formation in career mode???? (ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm not getting this at all tbh, and I've played about 10 games of a career with Liverpool. Brought andy carroll home too! :cool:

Wait... What?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wait... What?! :pac:

4 goals in 2 games! The man's a beast! :pac:

So far I think 14 was better. I agree with a previous poster that the players dont seem to be as responsive in a sprint and player switching is a problem.

Also agree cutscenes are annoying and the commentary is still awful - Alan Smith and Martin Tyler? Argh

Also agree that there are to many frees and they still havent managed to work on the principle of 'advantage'.

Will still probably grow on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I like it, harder to score one and ones which is good as 14 was piss easy. Plus free online ps too for weekend so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

No complaints last year when you had to play Barca V Real 1st

It did annoy me but I didnt express that annoyance here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone get this for Vita, and if so how does it compare to last years?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Is it just me or is Ireland missing from the nationalities list when selecting in manager mode. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone have a pro club set up?

Or is anyone looking for lessons I fifa 15 on ps4? (There free)

Add me

Topone2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Can't tell any difference between this and last year's game on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Ireland missing from the nationalities list when selecting in manager mode. Lol

try rep of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Anyone have a pro club set up?

Or is anyone looking for lessons I fifa 15 on ps4? (There free)

Add me

Topone2009

yep thread here for it :)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057297697/1/#post92371856

WHat just occurred to me as well is that you cant really tinker with your tactics before entering a match?

I mean defensive line and pressing etc. (not formation).

Anyone else have to put the through balls on manual because on assisted it always seems to over hit them?

YESSS

I've brought this up twice.

I find the ground passes to be just as off... Its like theres no use for the power bar now.

I thought my controller may have been broke and was contemplating what,to do.

I switched to manual twice but then found if I tried to pass to say an overlapping wing back it would go out of play.
    Manual did feel better when hitting it forward though.... Just headwrecking to see the assisted constantly fly through to the goalie from even a quick tap.

I guess ill switch back to manual so if I'm not having controller issues and persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Has anyone's player name bar disappeared during a game? It happened to me a few times in the trial and happened again last night. Fairly annoying when you can't see the power bar.

Also keepers are a disaster, they pull shots out of the top corner no problem but smash one straight at them and it goes through their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mod Note

1. theres a thread already for UT

2. No talk of coin selling websites thanks..

Advertisement