Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got the goal line clearance achievement earlier, and breathed a heavy sigh of relief. Was holding onto a 1-0 win all game online when, on the 88th minute, my keeper went walk about during a corner. CPU seemed to take control of my player, slide in and cleared it off the line, and I got 50g better off :P

Any XOne pro-clubs on the go? Remembered this afternoon I hate playing with gloryhounds online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This took a while to get used to this new engine. So if I wanted to score a long ranger I need to put in full power on the shot which makes sense. However I don't understand how keepers are so overpowered when I launched a shoot inside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

You have to really trick the keepers a la Fifa 11. Lots of fake shots, finesse and sweaty goals are needed to score inside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

miralize wrote: »
    You have to really trick the keepers a la Fifa 11. Lots of fake shots, finesse and sweaty goals are needed to score inside the box.
    I guess I try this techinque next time, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

miralize wrote: »

I find finesse shots are easier this year than ever inside the box. Even outside the box finesse is overpowered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I find finesse shots are easier this year than ever inside the box. Even outside the box finesse is overpowered

I found the same on the demo at least

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Goal mouth scrambles are better alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Overall I think it's very good. A lot of minor but not insignificant improvements over 14.

- Yes there are too many cut scenes, but at least you are able to skip them quickly for your own goal kicks, corners etc. It used to drive me mad in 14 when I had a corner but had to wait for my opponent to press X for the cut scene to be skipped. That was really annoying. Much more control in this which I like.

- The pre match cut scene is much shorter. Again, some clowns online used to watch the entire thing to annoy their opponents in 14, which probably wasn't far off 3-4 mins. This one is around 60 seconds - huge difference.

- The silly throw in system from 14 has been amended. Much quicker now which helps the flow of the game.

- Less of those offsides when you play the ball forward but your striker is too slow to get back in line. This was a huge problem in 14.

- You can actually round the goalkeeper in this one with a dummy or quick
    turn. It's not too easy and it's not too hard. Happy days.

-I find that there's not nearly as many goals scored from crosses. They're not as easy in this one imo. Good for the more skillful players.

There are a few negatives that have been mentioned a few times already.

- Through balls are frequently overhit in certain situations.

- Keepers seem to run past the ball a lot when you are rushing out with them.

Very enjoyable game overall though. I'm impressed with the lack of lag online this early on, usually there are a few problems at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone experiencing connection/lag problems on xbox one?

Not sure if its my UPC router acting up or EA's servers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

YESSS

I've brought this up twice.

I find the ground passes to be just as off... Its like theres no use for the power bar now.

I thought my controller may have been broke and was contemplating what,to do.

I switched to manual twice but then found if I tried to pass to say an overlapping wing back it would go out of play.
    Manual did feel better when hitting it forward though.... Just headwrecking to see the assisted constantly fly through to the goalie from even a quick tap.

I guess ill switch back to manual so if I'm not having controller issues and persist.

Another one would be the swerve pass on pro clubs. There is just no swerve to it at all. I've been playing as a RM and RWB just to get my crossing up to see if all the +1 curves in the ball skills will improve the swerve pass and fancy passes abit. I've given up on through balls on FUT altogether.

I'd say if a good CDM playmaker on clubs masters the manual through balls they'll be like Andrea Pirlo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing connection/lag problems on xbox one?

Not sure if its my UPC router acting up or EA's servers :(

Same getting huge lag on the Xbox One.

Was thinking it was my UPC witch i get about 120MB and lags in my mother and fathers there with Vodaphone and get about 10MB and the lag is the same.

Had to leave so many matches because of it. I have also been dropped from a lot of games and it has made me leave it for a few days and go back

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why is it when I try to change players it selects the player FURTHEST away from the ball. It's very annoying to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not loving this I have to say, the engine has taken a big step backwards imo, rather than it feeling more natural it feels clumsy and rough. Speed is once again the be all and end all of the game, but I'll give it some more time, I need to try adjusting the controls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Mixed feelings having played it over the weekend. Despite the issues with fifa 14 I played it consistently over the year but im not impressed with this release just yet. Maybe will change will play it more.

Does anyone else find Dribbling in fifa 15 way too easy. Once the ball gets the Ronaldo , messi etc they will literally barge thrugh defences. Changing direction and dribbling has gone from being slow and clumsy in fifa 14 to be being too easy in fifa 15 . Dribbling from your own half is a lot easier for you and your opponent… Find it frustrating to play to be honest.

I also find the passing way too easy, the short pass nearly always reaches your target. My online games have mostly consistented of opponents passing fast to forward line and just using Ronaldo or messi to dribble from half way line… I won the cup afew times over the wkd scoring some crazy goals. I ran with my goalie from his box to opponents box and passed to Gotze for a goal, abit stupid too be honest. Also some comical goalie mistakes likes when I passed ball back to courtois and he missed he kick and ball rolled into the goal.

On the plus side the menu are less laggy and slicker and theres a nice additions in teh game play. Not sure if the problems im finding with the game are just me but be interested to hear if others find the same as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Villain wrote: »
    . Speed is once again the be all and end all of the game, but I'll give it some more time, I need to try adjusting the controls etc.

Dont agree. With close control you can easily nip around players.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Got it for €45 in Supervalu Blackrock on Friday night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

viper006 wrote: »
    Mixed feelings having played it over the weekend. Despite the issues with fifa 14 I played it consistently over the year but im not impressed with this release just yet. Maybe will change will play it more.

Does anyone else find Dribbling in fifa 15 way too easy. Once the ball gets the Ronaldo , messi etc they will literally barge thrugh defences. Changing direction and dribbling has gone from being slow and clumsy in fifa 14 to be being too easy in fifa 15 . Dribbling from your own half is a lot easier for you and your opponent… Find it frustrating to play to be honest.

I also find the passing way too easy, the short pass nearly always reaches your target. My online games have mostly consistented of opponents passing fast to forward line and just using Ronaldo or messi to dribble from half way line… I won the cup afew times over the wkd scoring some crazy goals. I ran with my goalie from his box to opponents box and passed to Gotze for a goal, abit stupid too be honest. Also some comical goalie mistakes likes when I passed ball back to courtois and he missed he kick and ball rolled into the goal.

On the plus side the menu are less laggy and slicker and theres a nice additions in teh game play. Not sure if the problems im finding with the game are just me but be interested to hear if others find the same as well?

If you had done that with me I would have clung every player of yours until the end of the game, absolutely wrecks my head when players like you take the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Dribbling is easy. Against weaker players. Defending has changed and people are slow to adjust so far. It's been years of leaning on contain and high pressure and this year that doesn't work. You need to jockey and wait for the opportunity and make the tackle. I was having plenty of high scoring affairs at the start but the last 10 games or so I've managed to start keeping clean sheets and stopping people waltzing through my defence. Basically never sprint while defending. 😛

Also I think slower cb's are fine this year too. I'm playing vidic in my Italian team atm and he's been fine. With over the tops being harder you don't just get burned all the time. That's a nice change.

If you had done that with me I would have clung every player of yours until the end of the game, absolutely wrecks my head when players like you take the piss

Agreed. Even if you're way better than someone why rub it in there faces?!? It's like watching replays of Penos. Just bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

viper006 wrote: »

There is no ELO or MMR in cups. The opponents you get are random and not based on your skill meaning you are likely pissing through their defences because they are bad at the game.

Trust me, when you get to division 1 it's a whole different ball game. New dribbling aside, this years game still suffers with the same tackling system used in fifa 14, 13 and 12. It suffers from the fact that you can assault your opponent and get away with it. Good players have been using the same tackling system for 3 years and not a lot has changed which means they are exceptionally good at it. It's still difficult to protect the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Kirby wrote: »
    It suffers from the fact that you can assault your opponent and get away with it.

I don't think so? When playing pro clubs I concede at least one penalty every two games by pressing 'O' once to pull him back/shoulder, last year you could absolutely abuse this but this year it's a foul instantly almost .

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Agreed. Even if you're way better than someone why rub it in there faces?!? It's like watching replays of Penos. Just bad form.

100% agree on goals, no replay for penos, one replay on a goal, a great goal Ill give the guy the three without snapping. Anything else my determination rises 10 fold..:D

On the defending part, I havent recieved any of these penalties or given them away, it looks to me the defending is the same. Dribbling is way better, its unrealistic to think a player couldnt dribble past 1/2 players, it happens IRL.

Only fault Id have is way to many replays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a few games online this morning my god it's complete bull Crap. I let in a goal that didn't cross the line and fifa said it did. Then in the same match I had 2 onside goals voted as off side. One was at the edge of the box and went into the top corner I was more confused by that then the goal thay never crossed the line.

Should have won the match 5 - 3. Not lose 4 -3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Had a ridiculous offside decision myself. They brought keeper out to edge of boss. I tackled him and passed it forward. He had a player on the line and it was given as offside...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Had a ridiculous offside decision myself. They brought keeper out to edge of boss. I tackled him and passed it forward. He had a player on the line and it was given as offside...

Better check the offside rule.

You clearly don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't know the exact circumstances of yours, but you need two players to be in front of the attacker, the GK is normally one, but if he was out and there was only that guy on the line then it was offside.

Strange thing last night in my career, I got a corner and the cut scene had the player grabbing the ball from the whole other end of the pitch, my keepers end and running all the way up the touchline with it to place it and take it!

If you were past the keeper it was offside...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Anyone had a problem with a goal going over the line and not counted? The goal line technology replay showed it was over the line but said no goal.. Guy I was playing messaged me trolling, as they do..

• Advertisement

Anyone had a problem with a goal going over the line and not counted? The goal line technology replay showed it was over the line but said no goal.. Guy I was playing messaged me trolling, as they do..

I've seen photos of it happening alright. It's pretty stupid glitch tbf. I'd prob have an incident involving my controller and the wall...

Advertisement