Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its ridiculous, a remnant of what was required from a video game 15 - 20 years ago. Modern console OS' have a default language, why cant the game just specify the language from them??

And if its bad for us, imaging a French person who bought the English copy of Fifa and he had to change the language to french each time before continuing..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I wonder will the PS3 version of it be any different or will they churn out practically the same game as FIFA 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id say they'll have it like FIFA 14 yeah. They'll want people moving onto next gen asap so Sony/Microsoft will want them to have lots of extras only on PS4/XB1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I wonder will the PS3 version of it be any different or will they churn out practically the same game as FIFA 14.

Put it this way, if you're serious about your FIFA, it's time to upgrade to PS4.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Put it this way, if you're serious about your FIFA, it's time to upgrade to PS4.

I don't see any good new games to tempt me to upgrade just yet,FIFA probably won't be dramatically different on the next gen consoles either I might upgrade in the next two years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I think you'd want your head examined to pay 400 quid to play what is essentially the same game with marginally better graphics.

I think you'd want your head examined to pay 400 quid to play what is essentially the same game with marginally better graphics.
    if you're serious about your FIFA

^^

And I'd say he's by far the most qualified here to judge Fifa 15 – he's played it FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

there is other games for the ps4 you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

miralize wrote: »
    ^^

And I'd say he's by far the most qualified here to judge Fifa 15 – he's played it FFS.

Ice cold bro.

Completely different game, completely different engine, so much better that its not even comparable. And every year its going to be worse, you'll be playing FIFA 13 on PS3/360 for the next 2/3 years.

But yes I don't recommend doing it just for FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Buy a ps4 for the new fifa and also get to play Last of Us, one of the best games ever made. Bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I wonder have they release any information about the career mode? That's the most interesting part in FIFA for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I wonder have they release any information about the career mode? That's the most interesting part in FIFA for me.

Seeing as there's f*ck all money to be made from it I doubt there'll be many changes tbh :( Ultimate Team is where the money's at I'd say.

Seeing as there's f*ck all money to be made from it I doubt there'll be many changes tbh :( Ultimate Team is where the money's at I'd say.
    Aye UT is where they make their money which is a shame as CM has great potential to be the best feature in the game.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Aye UT is where they make their money which is a shame as CM has great potential to be the best feature in the game.

I'd agree to an extent, but its a huge undertaking, a game in itself. *cough*FM*cough* ;)

I dont think EA Canada can afford to allocate developers on a feature that wont be played as much as UT.

UT, at this stage, and for better or worse, is the biggest USP Fifa has in its locker right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

It's all about the Career Mode for me, I've never tried to play Ultimate Team though so I don't really know what it's about or if I'd like it.

miralize wrote: »
    I'd agree to an extent, but its a huge undertaking, a game in itself. *cough*FM*cough* ;)

I dont think EA Canada can afford to allocate developers on a feature that wont be played as much as UT.

UT, at this stage, and for better or worse, is the biggest USP Fifa has in its locker right now.

I'd say Career mode is played more than UT tbh. Not everyone pays for online after all.

The stuff I'd like to see wouldn't exactly be an extensive overhaul anyway. Some stuff I'd like are archived statistics of your players to be available, less simplistic transfer/contract dealings, some different ways of training your team (focus on attack/defence etc.), actually having some build up to big matches, maybe you could develop a rivalry with a certain team/manager? Actually being able to give advice to players etc.. I can't imagine they'd be too difficult to implement when you consider the amount of effort that goes into the graphics and AI of the actual gameplay.

The whole thing just seems too sterile atm in my opinion

Agreed, CM does need a few things added to spice it up and they need to increase international teams as I tend to skip them as I find it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd say Career mode is played more than UT tbh. Not everyone pays for online after all.

Not a chance.

That was perhaps true 4 years ago when Ultimate team cost money, it was paid for DLC. It's been free and part of the base game ever since and is the biggest earner EA have.

Ultimate team across Madden, Fifa and NHL has made billions. With a B. It's a massive money maker because the vast majority of Fifa users play on it and buy packs of players with real money.

That's their priority and modes like Clubs, Career and league all take a backseat. You can't really blame them.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Not a chance.

That was perhaps true 4 years ago when Ultimate team cost money, it was paid for DLC. It's been free and part of the base game ever since and is the biggest earner EA have.

Ultimate team across Madden, Fifa and NHL has made billions. With a B. It's a massive money maker because the vast majority of Fifa users play on it and buy packs of players with real money.

That's their priority and modes like Clubs, Career and league all take a backseat. You can't really blame them.

I dunno, I know about 15 or 20 people who play FIFA, only about half of which play UT any bit regularly, all play career mode. I'm not denying that UT is a massive cash cow though. Take into account that a large amount of FIFA players live in poorer countries too (not a clue of figures though tbh), it's really the only game that has that characteristic. It's the reason why they kept making them for the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

When is it going on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

shamrock55 wrote: »
    When is it going on sale?

26th of sept. Pre ordered today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

You would think they would bring them out for the start of the main football seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

shamrock55 wrote: »
    You would think they would bring them out for the start of the main football seasons
    Transfer window closes in September, the have to get the squads right

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sugarman wrote: »
    But theres constant updates of squad:confused:
    Not everyone has internet

There will be changes to career mode, ultimate team, and pro clubs. Wait until August 13th.

There will be changes to career mode, ultimate team, and pro clubs. Wait until August 13th.

You're building this up Mikey! Getting a tad excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've stopped buying them because it's all Ultimate Team now, which is ****e. Career mode has completely stagnated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Does it look much better on PS4/XBOX than 14 did?

Advertisement