Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I have a nice cheap Bundesliga team but there aren't many cheap strikers that are good so i threw on Welbeck up front, his a beast. My chemistry is still 100.

My midfield has Thiago Sahin and Kagawa all cheap enough. Santana is a beast of a centre back and there are loads of other good cheap defenders like Dante and Subotic aswell.
    Kagawa as cam is unreal. I seem to be winning most games. Premiership players are so expensive. Son from leverkusen on the wing is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

One thing i've noticed alot more this year is the CPU gives away more fouls and gets carded alot more. Something which was lacking last year. Never ever got penalties and even frees were a rarity.

Loving the new GK motions too, some very realistic spills etc leading to scrappy goals which is a bit more realistic.

I dont' agree with pace being the be all and end all, strength is a fairly big one this year i find too.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Loving pro career mode at the minute, signed up for Real Mallorca broke my ankle in second game and I have 6 goals in 7 games and 1 goal for Ireland now. Interest already from Southampton, Sporting Lisbon and Sevilla :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

I am rubbish at defending - any tips on how to get better?

If I score a goal I'd say theres a more than 50/50 possibility i'll concede straight from the kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

If I score a goal I'd say theres a more than 50/50 possibility i'll concede straight from the kick off!

Dont use run button when defending is what Ive learnt anyway
    If that doesnt work, hack him down before he gets to last man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Jockey defending works so well in this game

It's not you.

The defending is woeful now.

I've had players literally walk through my defenders.

In <13 - Never..... in 14 - sometimes.... in 15 - too many times

Defending my always my strong point, I can always easily get to D1 and win the title in Seasons but even I've had lads just walk by my defenders this year.

What's worse as well about this year is just even getting your defender to a spot you want to defend is a challenge.
    I've had defenders do circles while trying to just set them up near the back of a striker.

The counter has always been a problem in FIFA but it's actually worse this year.

Lads can just do a dirty 180 degree spam pass out of a packed box straight to their striker, then running at a spread out defence with loads of space is far too easy now (added to the mess that is navigating with the defenders).

Also that tip off run can be a nightmare... if that first CM is beat its a run at your CB.
    Some of the ones I've struggled badly with have literally ran the same route, I'll have to record it next time to try counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

It's not you.

The defending is woeful now.

I've had players literally walk through my defenders.

In <13 - Never..... in 14 - sometimes.... in 15 - too many times

Defending my always my strong point, I can always easily get to D1 and win the title in Seasons but even I've had lads just walk by my defenders this year.

What's worse as well about this year is just even getting your defender to a spot you want to defend is a challenge.
    I've had defenders do circles while trying to just set them up near the back of a striker.

The counter has always been a problem in FIFA but it's actually worse this year.

Lads can just do a dirty 180 degree spam pass out of a packed box straight to their striker, then running at a spread out defence with loads of space is far too easy now (added to the mess that is navigating with the defenders).

Also that tip off run can be a nightmare... if that first CM is beat its a run at your CB.
    Some of the ones I've struggled badly with have literally ran the same route, I'll have to record it next time to try counter it.

Thanks for the morale boost but I'm still pretty sure most of its me! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

The counter attacking element is over powered but I think the defending is actually class. I'm starting to get a lot better at it. It requires better skill and timing rather than just holding sprint and contain or bashing Square (still use Pro Evo controls)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

deadybai wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    What is fifa 15 like on the ps3? Is it worth upgrading?

Anyone!???

• Advertisement

Anyone!???

Absolutely terrible. I played the early access on my PS3 but didn't enjoy it. More of a squad and kit update on 14. The difference between PS3 and PS4 15 is way bigger than the difference between PS3 and PS4 14

Basically if you put in a lot of hours or play other games, upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Absolutely terrible. I played the early access on my PS3 but didn't enjoy it. More of a squad and kit update on 14. The difference between PS3 and PS4 15 is way bigger than the difference between PS3 and PS4 14

Basically if you put in a lot of hours or play other games, upgrade.

Really? I played the demo and wasn't massively impressed or anything, All i use Fifa for is Career mode and playing with friends, the upgrade is €60 for Fifa15 PS3 or like what €450 for Fifa 15 PS4? Is the difference really that bad?

If you are playing with mates and offline it's probably not worth upgrading. I play online mostly. I havent been a massive gamer in the last few years and really only bought a PS4 to start playing again, however i only really play Fifa so it was still a worthy purchase for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Can anyone tell me how to add guest on seasons,,,my god E.A make everything so F**kin hard,,,i was trying to have a game online with my bro last night and it kepy saying that you need to log into PSN to play as guest????,,,by this logic you can only play with someone who has an active playstation plus membership????this cant be right,,,can someone please point me in the right direction as this was a cool feature in fifa 13 and previous versions,,,cheers guys

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to add guest on seasons,,,my god E.A make everything so F**kin hard,,,i was trying to have a game online with my bro last night and it kepy saying that you need to log into PSN to play as guest????,,,by this logic you can only play with someone who has an active playstation plus membership????this cant be right,,,can someone please point me in the right direction as this was a cool feature in fifa 13 and previous versions,,,cheers guys

You Playing on PS4? You need to assign the other controller to a profile. I think you can create a guest profile for this AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

Bradz213 wrote: »
    You Playing on PS4? You need to assign the other controller to a profile. I think you can create a guest profile for this AFAIK

Ya playing on Ps4?how would i do that do ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can someone tell me the main differences in features in fifa 15 between ps3 and ps4 especially in ultimate team. I really dont care about the emotions and weather effects in the game. I do care about the features and different game modes and options in ultimate team so whats the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Can someone tell me the main differences in features in fifa 15 between ps3 and ps4 especially in ultimate team. I really dont care about the emotions and weather effects in the game. I do care about the features and different game modes and options in ultimate team so whats the difference

Nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nothing?

Really!!! UT is all I play and i'm not a big graphics geek so I guess i'll just stick with the ps3 atm until things really begin going downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Personally I regret buying the PS4. All.the exclusives have been feckin ****e. Was happy enough with the PS3 myself.

I didnt realise there was no backwards compatibility either as there always was previously. Had I known that, it would have been a dealbreaker, never mind the PS+ subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Ya playing on Ps4?how would i do that do ya know?

when you turn on the other controller and the playstation screen opens go to add user > guest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

http://balls.ie/football/8-types-fifa-players/

Good article here.

Nice one Mikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

http://balls.ie/football/8-types-fifa-players/

Good article here.

Nice one Mikey!

I loll'ed through that read thanks Mikey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So for more then a week now I've been playing career mode. Started in division 2 with Portsmouth and have mostly really enjoyed it.

Mostly play on professional sim few games here and there. Managed to get hold of some really good youth players and loan in some players that turned out great after buying them in the end. James Wilson is great example he's been one my main players since start have him in the high 70s at moment he's still only 21.

My main problems which are really starting annoy me is budget and players leaving.

So I had a youth player Portuguese fella who at potential over 90+ he was doing great scoring goals nearly every game from LW. By time he got to 19 I had won loads he was nearly always in good form but out of no where he comes out with "It's not the club I'm homesick....."

So the board makes me put him up for transfer and then goes over my head selling him to the little town in Portugal........ NEWCASTLE for 1.5million!

I was seriously pissed off the same seems to be happening to a cb I've brought threw last few years I forget his first name surname is Sarr. He's turned into great player nearly 80 rated still very young now he says he wants to move on even though club Is in the premier league and Europe ffs.

If this isn't bad enough no matter how much I win or how much money comes into the club I get a transfer budget over just under 20mil and wage budget of about 100,000 which by the time u get to 2018 is bloody hard to use on replacing players.

Kinda got fed up last night started a new career with Manchester United ha!

I've no financial takeovers for another few levels either so can't even use that.

I've no financial takeovers for another few levels either so can't even use that.

would you like me to send ya one later :p

would you like me to send ya one later :p

Think i love u ! :pac: Nah seriously your a star ! When will you be on ?

Think i love u ! :pac: Nah seriously your a star ! When will you be on ?

il do it now :pac:

il do it now :pac:
    Ill be on in a few minutes! :)

Ill be on in a few minutes! :)

done :)

• Advertisement

done :)

Thanks man I o u one!

Advertisement