Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Weird and annoying.....

The financial takeover i got sent i cant use it now on my next season in career mode! When i go to select it the option to use it myself is grayed out?

Can you only use them on original new careers ? Or did i have to use it in the season i was gifted it?.

When it was sent to me i didnt apply it i just left it so i could use it the following year and now i cant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Weird and annoying.....

The financial takeover i got sent i cant use it now on my next season in career mode! When i go to select it the option to use it myself is grayed out?

Can you only use them on original new careers ? Or did i have to use it in the season i was gifted it?.

When it was sent to me i didnt apply it i just left it so i could use it the following year and now i cant!

think it's the current season alright

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

think it's the current season alright

That's a bit fecking poxy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭eggy81

Not sure what to make of this game. At first I hated it because I couldn't stop players running past me and I couldn't score now I've gotten to grips with it and winning some games it's not so bad but it's just not that much fun.

Compared to the pes glory days it's terrible. The last fifa I really played to death was 11. Been in decline since IMHO. The players just seem like they are running in quicksand and the way they dally on their first touch when you just want them to get it out of their feet for a shot or pass only to delay and allow a defender make up 10 yards to tackle or intercept is infuriating. I'll probably play a fair bit of it as it's better than 14 but it's just ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm awful at tackling, giving away fouls constantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm never giving away fouls. Using L2 to jockey a bit of x

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Beekay wrote: »
    I'm never giving away fouls. Using L2 to jockey a bit of x

Whenever I use jockey, the other player rips away from me :(

All about jersey pulling and smart positioning at the moment...which isn't very effective...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Playing the Offline Pro mode.

Get called up to the national team.

30 seconds in, injured. Taken off. 1 month out with a sprained ankle. Dreadful international debut, but these things happen.

Recover. 3 days till next international game. Get called up again.

"Well," I say. "Can't go worse than my first game".

5 seconds in, injured. Literally first touch of the ball, from the kick off, run into another player and go down hurt. 2 months off with a broken toe :(

Fear I'll get hurt for 3 months in pre-match warm ups next time....

Jaysus, it's the second coming of Abou Diaby! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't make it to my third international match; three games back from injury, I break my collar bone and out for four months.

Awesome time playing, hitting "Sim Game" over and over :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Didn't make it to my third international match; three games back from injury, I break my collar bone and out for four months.

Awesome time playing, hitting "Sim Game" over and over :rolleyes:

Lord TSC - A professional hospital patient whose career was blighted by several football matches.

:D:D

• Advertisement

The ****ing cursor change is beyond annoying this year.

Just playing some lad, 2-0 down.

I fight back and go 3-2 up with 15mins to go but then he gets two goals due to cursor problems and wins 4-3.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8BF36FBF59250B24%21186

The first goal you can see Miranda start to run down as when I tried to switch from Ramos, it gave me the lad beside him.
    Miranda would easily have blocked that shot which was rebounded in.

The second time it auto switched me to the CM just as I was about to make a high percentage slide with Miranda which then gave him an easy finesse and 4-3 lead.

I have it set to manual as well so it should never switch. Seems to do it more by itself than previous FIFA's and the player selection even using the right stick is just a joke

Could have taken it on the chin had it just been the first for 3-3 but to then lose after a fight back to that crap back to back is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Just bought fifa 15 on ps4 and seen ea have removed the friendly head to head mode. What are they playing at.

Only being able to play competitive matches is shocking . Used to enjoy experimenting with different teams with no pressure and not having to face real Madrid over and over. I actually would not have bought the game had I known this mode was removed. Shocked really, impressive game but this has ruined it for me

viper006 wrote: »
    Just bought fifa 15 on ps4 and seen ea have removed the friendly head to head mode. What are they playing at.

Only being able to play competitive matches is shocking . Used to enjoy experimenting with different teams with no pressure and not having to face real Madrid over and over. I actually would not have bought the game had I known this mode was removed. Shocked really, impressive game but this has ruined it for me

it's still there. was playing a mate the last day. where it says online seasons use the right anolog stick to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Been playing with Chelsea a good bit, usually hate them. Eden Hazard cannot shoot for sh*t in this game. The amount of times I've been through on goal with him and he'll blem it over the bar, or wide is phenomenal. Sex Fabregas on the other hand, he's just a beautiful player to have on your team :D

Positioning of defensive players at corners is very strange, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

martyos121 wrote: »
    Jaysus, it's the second coming of Abou Diaby! :pac:

"Abou Diaby, a professional hospital patient who has had his career blighted by appearances for Arsenal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

it's still there. was playing a mate the last day. where it says online seasons use the right anolog stick to change it

No its not there anymore. The options to play a friend is there alright like you you say but im talking about head to head against randoms online that are friendly matches where there is nothing at stake bar afew XP points.

I found this mode the most enjoyable to play cause you can pick teams youd never play in a competitive match like cork city, Ireland or Fulham and play for fun. Great to get away from playing real,barca or Bayern every match like on seasons. Never encounter other players rage quiting, watch replays constantly and all the other kinds of trolling you get on seasons. Funny thing is on PS3 fifa 15 im sure head to head is still there but they have removed it from the PS4 versions. That’s almost a deal braker from me. Thread below on what im mentioning causing a lot of disappointment EA have done away with this. Poor from EA

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/FiFA-15-doesn-t-have-Match-Lobbies-and-head-to-head-match-any/td-p/3568923/page/13

viper006 wrote: »
    No its not there anymore. The options to play a friend is there alright like you you say but im talking about head to head against randoms online that are friendly matches where there is nothing at stake bar afew XP points.

I found this mode the most enjoyable to play cause you can pick teams youd never play in a competitive match like cork city, Ireland or Fulham and play for fun. Great to get away from playing real,barca or Bayern every match like on seasons. Never encounter other players rage quiting, watch replays constantly and all the other kinds of trolling you get on seasons. Funny thing is on PS3 fifa 15 im sure head to head is still there but they have removed it from the PS4 versions. That’s almost a deal braker from me. Thread below on what im mentioning causing a lot of disappointment EA have done away with this. Poor from EA

http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-15/FiFA-15-doesn-t-have-Match-Lobbies-and-head-to-head-match-any/td-p/3568923/page/13

oh I know the mode your on about now. hot mixed up with friendly seasons as I thought that's what you meant

Playing against the computer on a high difficulty has gone back to being **** this year.

FIFA 14 was good because if you played against a league 2 player you could tell with him taking heavy touches misplacing passes etc.

But this year it's gone back to not being able to tell the difference between messi and a league of Ireland player with both having everything going for them. Perfect touch, dribbling abilty etc. Even an andy carrol type can ghost by players.

It's like a game of basketball. You'll only get the ball back once the other team takes a shot.
    The other annoying thing is If you try to dribble past the CPU they will slide tackle 9/10 times. Feels like playing a 10 year old online when he's losing and he starts slide tackling everywhere.

Very dissapointing because I played a lot if carrer mode last year but won't this year.

Might aswell get my xbl gold sub sorted because it would be less frustrating playing against knobs online.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Is there any reason I can't see my own points total etc in seasons or when I try compare against a friend all mine are at zero

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

i think there is something wrong with my fifa,the ball doesnt seem to go into the net!!

serious..i have played 5 league games with falcao and v.persie having over 60 shots on goal between them and not a sausage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

zzfh wrote: »
    i think there is something wrong with my fifa,the ball doesnt seem to go into the net!!

serious..i have played 5 league games with falcao and v.persie having over 60 shots on goal between them and not a sausage..

Jesus... you must be really ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Playing against the computer on a high difficulty has gone back to being **** this year.

FIFA 14 was good because if you played against a league 2 player you could tell with him taking heavy touches misplacing passes etc.

But this year it's gone back to not being able to tell the difference between messi and a league of Ireland player with both having everything going for them. Perfect touch, dribbling abilty etc. Even an andy carrol type can ghost by players.

It's like a game of basketball. You'll only get the ball back once the other team takes a shot.
    The other annoying thing is If you try to dribble past the CPU they will slide tackle 9/10 times. Feels like playing a 10 year old online when he's losing and he starts slide tackling everywhere.

Very dissapointing because I played a lot if carrer mode last year but won't this year.

Might aswell get my xbl gold sub sorted because it would be less frustrating playing against knobs online.

I played on world class in fifa 14 but my god it is just painful to play this year.

As you said CONSTANT sliding tackles

It takes me 5/6 shots on target to score because every opposition keeper pulls off 3 or 4 wonder saves in a match. Opposition keeper gets MOTM 9/10 times.

And then there's the psychic defenders who know you're going to shoot before you even do and pull off a reflex block from nowhere.

Feels like pot luck as to whether a standing tackle will work or not, more often than not it's a foul.

Your players running towards the throw-in taker and completely missing it, feel like pulling my hair out when it happens.

Then there's the trick the A.I. do when you're running at them, they turn their back to you and suddenly they're in acres of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jesus... you must be really ****.

haha maybe..yesterday i was finishing my career on fifa 14 on ps3 with palace holding 9th spot on legendary..

today i cant score on fifa 15 on professional with 60 attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Just took an outrageous free kick which will make ye lads split yere holes laughing. Is there any way I can share a clip from xbox one here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

madcabbage wrote: »
    Just took an outrageous free kick which will make ye lads split yere holes laughing. Is there any way I can share a clip from xbox one here?

Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Anyone else finding the AI on this much tougher than before? I'm playing on Professional in career mode (I always play this difficulty) and I can't buy a win. Regaining possession seems to be the problem, once the opposition has the ball I basically have to wait for them to mess up since I can't get it back. Anyone else noticed this or have I just lost my touch?

ShaneU wrote: »
    I played on world class in fifa 14 but my god it is just painful to play this year.

As you said CONSTANT sliding tackles

It takes me 5/6 shots on target to score because every opposition keeper pulls off 3 or 4 wonder saves in a match. Opposition keeper gets MOTM 9/10 times.

And then there's the psychic defenders who know you're going to shoot before you even do and pull off a reflex block from nowhere.

Feels like pot luck as to whether a standing tackle will work or not, more often than not it's a foul.

Your players running towards the throw-in taker and completely missing it, feel like pulling my hair out when it happens.

Then there's the trick the A.I. do when you're running at them, they turn their back to you and suddenly they're in acres of space.

Dont forget as well the way the AI can 9/10 clear the ball straight to their strikers chest even if they are looking towards their own goal.

If they decide not to do that at least every team can pass the ball out of defence like Bayern Munich.

Anyone else finding the AI on this much tougher than before? I'm playing on Professional in career mode (I always play this difficulty) and I can't buy a win. Regaining possession seems to be the problem, once the opposition has the ball I basically have to wait for them to mess up since I can't get it back. Anyone else noticed this or have I just lost my touch?

Yes. I always try to play on legendary each year but this year is the worst it has been in some time.

I dont mind being passed off the park against Barca etc but when a league 2 team and every other team is doing it you know something is up and that the AI was probably an after thought for ea with "everyone" just playing online these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Got 45 credit for this in CeX today, bought it for 50 in SuperValu.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's the game but I couldn't enjoy it this year. Even when I was winning games, never got much of a thrill from it for some reason. Not to mention the fact that connection issues, high pressure, lofted through balls have only gotten worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Kind of getting bored with this already. Went back to 14 tonight for a few games and found it very easy on Seasons. Is it me or is it that all the decent players are on 15?

Advertisement