Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Got 45 credit for this in CeX today, bought it for 50 in SuperValu.

Maybe it's me, maybe it's the game but I couldn't enjoy it this year. Even when I was winning games, never got much of a thrill from it for some reason. Not to mention the fact that connection issues, high pressure, lofted through balls have only gotten worse.

I'd love to do the same. The one year I buy the download version and I hate it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'd love to do the same. The one year I buy the download version and I hate it :P

Same boat meslf. Took me ages to get to grips with the pace of it and learn defending again but now that I have I'm just not enjoying it at all.
    What's worse is I went back to FIFA 14 for a few games and that seems painfully slow now :(
    Roll on PES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the only game I ever buy at all. Have been been buying fifa since fifa 09

Got it for the ps4

first thing I noticed was the speed compared to 14

but the bits that make the game unplayable are

1) the kick offs, players can just go straight down the middle and score
    2) defending is terrible
    3) a player can effectively dribble past the whole opposing team -too arcade, realism is gone

im pretty disappointed with the game

oh and also "star players" for example abramhovic , literally impossible to tackle. if he shoots -he will either score or will hit post/bar keeper parry to let another player score

he will never just miss or keeper does a routine save

I think the game has been marketed for 5 year olds this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

the only game I ever buy at all. Have been been buying fifa since fifa 09

Got it for the ps4

first thing I noticed was the speed compared to 14

but the bits that make the game unplayable are

1) the kick offs, players can just go straight down the middle and score
    2) defending is terrible
    3) a player can effectively dribble past the whole opposing team -too arcade, realism is gone

im pretty disappointed with the game

oh and also "star players" for example abramhovic , literally impossible to tackle. if he shoots -he will either score or will hit post/bar keeper parry to let another player score

he will never just miss or keeper does a routine save

I think the game has been marketed for 5 year olds this time around

To be honest your attitude is that of a five year old, game is bad cause you're bad kinda thing.

"1) the kick offs, players can just go straight down the middle and score
    2) defending is terrible

im pretty disappointed with the game"

Literally none of those things are a problem for me, keep practicing it's a lot better than 14 tbh.

whilst im not going to be drawn into an argument about this as its only an opinion at the end of the day

I too benefit from scoring down the middle. It might not happen 100% of the time but id go to as high as 8/10 attempts

Likewise I can make john terry glide and chop and change past the opposing team from his own box without ever needing to pass the ball

These faults I pointed out, are not as a result of opposing players doing this to me but myself included playing

I think a patch could sort out the first issue, it seems to be more to do with the defenders and midfielders response time or positioning directly after kick off that is causing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I think the first is due to poor defence though, I have had many people try run from the tip-off in normal seasons and UT Seasons, I've only conceded one goal from it and that was due to me sliding like a donkey.

I don't really have a problem with the defending either, the Jockey button and being patient is key in this game as sprinting straight at people is what let's them dribble past you easily in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

There is definetly a major problem at kick offs. I regularly score or have a very good chance from kicks at Legendary level. The defending team has too much space between defence & midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I think the first is due to poor defence though, I have had many people try run from the tip-off in normal seasons and UT Seasons, I've only conceded one goal from it and that was due to me sliding like a donkey.

I don't really have a problem with the defending either, the Jockey button and being patient is key in this game as sprinting straight at people is what let's them dribble past you easily in this!

Have to say i find my players seem to be out of position a fair bit at kick off. I agree running in doesnt help but there are problems with the defending still i think its better then last year

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I find it is way too easy for players to sprint through. In 14 it was nearly impossible to run through as many players as it is now.

Corners are now very hard to score from, whereas in previous versions it was a lot easier. Not saying that this is a bad thing just nothing the difference. Also very hard to score from a winger cutting in and crossing the ball infront of the face of the goal.

Also the defenders sometimes have total sp@z attacks. They wil be tracking a runner and as soon as the through ball is played they will just stop running.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I find it is way too easy for players to sprint through. In 14 it was nearly impossible to run through as many players as it is now.

Corners are now very hard to score from, whereas in previous versions it was a lot easier. Not saying that this is a bad thing just nothing the difference. Also very hard to score from a winger cutting in and crossing the ball infront of the face of the goal.

Also the defenders sometimes have total sp@z attacks. They wil be tracking a runner and as soon as the through ball is played they will just stop running.

Sure i put my team into all out attack as i wad losing and all my defenders stayed up front i had no back four.I know all out attack pushes players up field but thats mad ha ha. Doesnt happen all the time only once so far great to get extra men forward but when all the ladt minute chanxes fall to martin skertel your fecked ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I hope the patch fixes the defenders positioning at corners, not too fond of my CB loitering at the edge of the box when defending a corner, silly begger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Bought this on PC. Have played about 6 matches online. wtf is with through balls ? Opponents just spamming the through ball button from everywhere on the pitch and it's working bloody well for them! Trying to give the game a chance but really not impressed so far. Worse than 14 so far and I wasn't that impressed with 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Mehmet Yildiraz is a busy man.

Also, who chooses the music for this game? It's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Mehmet Yildiraz is a busy man.

Also, who chooses the music for this game? It's awful.

It's mostly garbage, but they have something from Kasabian in it nearly every year and that keeps me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Bought the game yesterday and I have to say it's boring the hell out of me already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Fifa 14 had its flaws but still played it throughout the year. Gotta say this version just isn't great. Firstly the cut scenes are very annoying ,way too many for online play. as pointed by a few here dribbling is just ridiculous on this year's version.it's way too easy ,I dribbled with my goalie in my last match all the way to oppenent box last night and crossed it in for a goal.

People just get the ball to ronaldo or similar defending actually hard i find as jockeying is ineffective and defender just get outpaced constantly when people are spamming through balls down the wings .

New versions take a bit of getting used to but the fact there isn't a friendly head to head online version for ps4 is a huge negative for me.I don't want to play competitive in every game. Going to give it more time alright but I'm not impressed at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its not great but I wil say that these bugs are usually patched. I think its really poor from EA not to public test these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think i need to play as RM in Fifa Seasons this year. There is literally no other player like Ronaldo, cutting through everyone like melted butter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm enjoying Chelsea. Oscar is extremely good for me. Costa is class. Matic and Fab in behind doing their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Could anyone tell me how much xtravision are giving trade in value or cash for fifa 15 ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

laneooo wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how much xtravision are giving trade in value or cash for fifa 15 ps4?

Dunno about Xtravision but CeX offer 45 credit and 40 cash. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you could sell Origin games this would be gone, not enjoying it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Had a funny moment today, playing as Ireland v Lyon in seasons. This guy was a pain in the hole, watching every replay, taking his time for everything, wrecking my head, 1-1 in the 89th minute and it goes out for a throw in. The game semi crashes where the time plays on except injury time but the players get stuck in the advertising board (3rd time this has happened) so it was a case of who quits first, 20 minutes later clock still says 90th minute and no one is budging.

So I turn on X Factor and leave the game on and I just checked and he quit first. 3 points in the bag and the asshole gets an increase in his quit percentage..Happy days :D

played as man city v france

france scored

I score straight from kick off

France score again

france score

he quits. quite right too, Id be annoyed if I was him scoring legit goals and my player just dribbles and scores without being tackled or changing direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Had a funny moment today, playing as Ireland v Lyon in seasons. This guy was a pain in the hole, watching every replay, taking his time for everything, wrecking my head, 1-1 in the 89th minute and it goes out for a throw in. The game semi crashes where the time plays on except injury time but the players get stuck in the advertising board (3rd time this has happened) so it was a case of who quits first, 20 minutes later clock still says 90th minute and no one is budging.

So I turn on X Factor and leave the game on and I just checked and he quit first. 3 points in the bag and the asshole gets an increase in his quit percentage..Happy days :D

I love this story but you lose points for watching X-Factor. Do people still watch this show?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I love this story but you lose points for watching X-Factor. Do people still watch this show?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was disappointed by that part of the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

On the dribble thing i find going defensive straight away sorts out them as they are more inclined to drop back...

If you think the dribbling is too easy or annoyed with people ghosting past you I find playing with 3.5/4 star teams the games a much better and not a frustrating as messi and Ronnie being untouchable not as fun but also not as headwrecking

Sure an only division 8 what would I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

played as man city v france

france scored

France score again

france score

he quits. quite right too, Id be annoyed if I was him scoring legit goals and my player just dribbles and scores without being tackled or changing direction.

Or he could learn how to stop it. Its really easy to stop guys. You just select a midfielder, run pre kick off into a covering position. Teammate contain and then just run him out of space. If they skill you or do something that gets by both players then its a good run and not just cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Or he could learn how to stop it. Its really easy to stop guys. You just select a midfielder, run pre kick off into a covering position. Teammate contain and then just run him out of space. If they skill you or do something that gets by both players then its a good run and not just cheese.

I had a fùcker yesterday who played it back his midfieldet from kick off, did three turns and then lashed it to his CF to score 1 on 1 with the keeper (header chance).

That was after i.was 1-0 up. So 1-1 and then I scored again. At kick off he tried ot again so i brought the keeper out... keeper gives away a penalty. 2-2. I score again, 3-2. At kick off I raced over to his midfielder and fùcking buckled him!

Having stopped his little trick I won 5-2 and acted the prick myself in retaliation - all goal highlights were conscientiously observed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

J Mysterio wrote: »
    At kick off I raced over to his midfielder and fùcking buckled him!

lol quality

Advertisement