Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Barcelona B are the best team in the game for seasons, Dongou & Adama up top are a serious force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I really like playing as QPR

Ferdinand and Caulker in defense are very good

Sandro is very good in midfield, good at riding tackles

Tarabbt is very slow but has as much skill and trickery as Ronaldo

Austin and Fraulin are half decent too

not bad for a 3.5 star team

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really like playing as QPR

Ferdinand and Caulker in defense are very good

not bad for a 3.5 star team

Sounds like your game has a glitch in it mate, I hope the patch fixes that for you! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Below are the notes for the patch that was released today.
    • Fixed ‘search-by-name’ functionality in Career Mode
    • Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match
    • Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players
    • Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches
    • Fixed occurrences where the player would be unable to progress at the end of a FUT match due to the post-match menus not appearing
    • Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs
    • Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces
    • Fixed occurrence where changes to the Subs and/or Reserves are not brought into Season matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was the latency bar that big a deal? Have seen people complaining about its absence, but always found games could lag even with 3 bars....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was the latency bar that big a deal? Have seen people complaining about its absence, but always found games could lag even with 3 bars....

I always found it helpful, I had a match the other night there and it was hell, constant button lag meant switching players was useless and ended up kicking the ball out for a goal kick a few times when clean through. Is it present in Seasons mode, I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Lord TSC wrote: »

small bit I reckon. granted some games could laget even with 3 bar. probably would of been a higher chance without it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

I don't know about everyone else but I find FIFA 15 to be terribly frustrating compared to previous years. I think EA have ruined this game with the gameplay changes. In 14 ,1 times in 100 some guy might run through your defence from kick off and score, now its more like 50/50. Playing online is terrible, its just guys running through defences and scoring. It's more arcade like than previous versions. I like to think im good enough at FIFA. On previous versions playing online seasons , I had no trouble staying in division 1/2 area. Now I can barely string wins together. It's getting to the stage where im nearly going to stop playing im not enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't know about everyone else but I find FIFA 15 to be terribly frustrating compared to previous years. I think EA have ruined this game with the gameplay changes. In 14 ,1 times in 100 some guy might run through your defence from kick off and score, now its more like 50/50. Playing online is terrible, its just guys running through defences and scoring. It's more arcade like than previous versions. I like to think im good enough at FIFA. On previous versions playing online seasons , I had no trouble staying in division 1/2 area. Now I can barely string wins together. It's getting to the stage where im nearly going to stop playing im not enjoying it.

You realise it's not FIFA 14. And it shouldn't be. Fifa 14 was simplified defense which rewarded aggressive attacking of the ball carrier. You just can't do that this year. It's actually more realistic in how you have to defend. Jockeying, positioning and timing actually matter this year.

Tbh it's a FAR better game than 14 was. Most complaints seem to be "I consider myself a good Fifa player but what I did last year doesn't work now so it's frustrating. EAT have ruined Fifa." And defending the kick off rush is a lot more consistent than the over the top from kick off from last year, where even if you defended it perfectly (calling player back, gk rush) sometimes your players would just collide and they'd score anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You realise it's not FIFA 14. And it shouldn't be. Fifa 14 was simplified defense which rewarded aggressive attacking of the ball carrier. You just can't do that this year. It's actually more realistic in how you have to defend. Jockeying, positioning and timing actually matter this year.

Tbh it's a FAR better game than 14 was. Most complaints seem to be "I consider myself a good Fifa player but what I did last year doesn't work now so it's frustrating. EAT have ruined Fifa." And defending the kick off rush is a lot more consistent than the over the top from kick off from last year, where even if you defended it perfectly (calling player back, gk rush) sometimes your players would just collide and they'd score anyway.

I never said it was 14. I personally never had any problem with the over the top kick , even in the past I think it only worked against me once. Whether it is a better game or not is a matter of opinion, I think it's a far far worse game, that's completely different from the last 3-4 versions which I enjoyed immensely. I have been on other gaming forums and know I am not alone in my criticism for this version. To me it's like play a different soccer game altogether,it's not the FIFA that I have enjoyed for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I might have agreed on release day but my game has adapted. I would say 1 in 50 now will score from the kick off as my defending has improved dramatically. I would say that's true for everyone, it's more difficult to defend but I it's much more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Strange one, having issues with TV size.
    FIFA 14 there were no issues and on my TV the scoreboard and power bars are cut out due to resolution I assume. Thing is all other games are fine and SKy is perfect too.
    Its just Fifa 15 and on two TVS, one is a Samsung and its slightly cut the other is a Finlux and a good chunk of the sides are cut ( Icant take penos as the bar is completely cut off).

Is there a resolution setting on FIFA 15? I really dont think its the TV as ive messed around with 16:9 widescreen, fit to size etc and still cant get it right

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Strange one, having issues with TV size.
    FIFA 14 there were no issues and on my TV the scoreboard and power bars are cut out due to resolution I assume. Thing is all other games are fine and SKy is perfect too.
    Its just Fifa 15 and on two TVS, one is a Samsung and its slightly cut the other is a Finlux and a good chunk of the sides are cut ( Icant take penos as the bar is completely cut off).

Is there a resolution setting on FIFA 15? I really dont think its the TV as ive messed around with 16:9 widescreen, fit to size etc and still cant get it right

Any ideas?

I take it your on PS4? Its a know issue, luckily its only slightly cut off on my main TV so i dont really mind but a fair bit of my mates is cut off he had to change his TV resolution everytime he plays FIFA!

ASOT wrote: »
    I take it your on PS4? Its a know issue, luckily its only slightly cut off on my main TV so i dont really mind but a fair bit of my mates is cut off he had to change his TV resolution everytime he plays FIFA!
    Yeah PS4, glad Im not the only one so, bit of a pain would have thought the update would fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How have they not fixed the broken fixtures in career yet. Premier league game on Saturday, and another one on Monday, and another on Wednesday, followed by two weeks of nothing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Anyone else missing A LOT of chances when clean through on goal? Or from point blank range? I'm playing UT and have Lukaku and Balotelli and they miss a lot of chances. Am I pushing the direction of the shot too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mongo wrote: »
    Anyone else missing A LOT of chances when clean through on goal? Or from point blank range? I'm playing UT and have Lukaku and Balotelli and they miss a lot of chances. Am I pushing the direction of the shot too far?

Try Finesse shots?

I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

miralize wrote: »
    Try Finesse shots?

Shoot straight at goals if clean through, using the players preferred foot. Generally works for me. Player kinda rolls ball low and just inside post, bout 1/4 power.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Love or hate this guy, some of these celebrations are very true;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Guys I badly need some help :(

I just cannot defend in this game. I would consider myself to be an above average FIFA player every year but this year it's different. Normally in previous years I could get to Division 1 in Seasons with promotions and title wins along the way with ease.

But this year I'm completely stuck in Division 5 and bouncing up and down to 6. Im going on losing streaks of 4 and 5 games which is just unheard of for me. People can literally waltz pass me. I use the contain button and try to time tackles but it's just not effective. And the worst part is that it always feels like my opponent is on the old legacy defending, they just zoom in and tackle me with ease, it's so frustrating.

Im not blaming the game but it must be something I'm missing this year, is it custom tactics or high pressure? Again I am fairly strong FIFA player every other year and have won some real life tournaments so this is really depressing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got a Fifa update tonight, CB still loiters at the edge of penalty area when defending a corner. Ffs I've never seen that in a real game. Go EA you tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Why does Messi have to be so ridiculously stubborn? I finally have enough cash to make an acceptable offer for him but when it comes to the personal contract he will not budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Finally got it yesterday and when I first started it up it said something about my online trophies from 14 carrying over (from seasons) I think and that I could view but I can't find the trophy cabinet thing anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

DarkJager wrote: »
    Why does Messi have to be so ridiculously stubborn? I finally have enough cash to make an acceptable offer for him but when it comes to the personal contract he will not budge.

Offer him alot more than he demands and an extra 10% per goal . Obviously offer him crucial first team player and he should accept

Digidol wrote: »
    Guys I badly need some help :(

I just cannot defend in this game. I would consider myself to be an above average FIFA player every year but this year it's different. Normally in previous years I could get to Division 1 in Seasons with promotions and title wins along the way with ease.

But this year I'm completely stuck in Division 5 and bouncing up and down to 6. Im going on losing streaks of 4 and 5 games which is just unheard of for me. People can literally waltz pass me. I use the contain button and try to time tackles but it's just not effective. And the worst part is that it always feels like my opponent is on the old legacy defending, they just zoom in and tackle me with ease, it's so frustrating.

Im not blaming the game but it must be something I'm missing this year, is it custom tactics or high pressure? Again I am fairly strong FIFA player every other year and have won some real life tournaments so this is really depressing me!

When defending dont run, sounds simple but so easy to hold R2 when getting beat from an attacker...If in doubt, take him out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

DarkJager wrote: »

Send his dad a message and tell him he can avoid paying tax and he should sign no problem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Offer him alot more than he demands and an extra 10% per goal . Obviously offer him crucial first team player and he should accept

He was looking for 550000 a week with a 1 year contract. I offered him that, he refused because he loves his club too much. Went through another 2 offers eventually offering 800000 a week, 20% bonus per goal and 1 year. Still refused. He's a ****ing joker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

The update seems to have fixed the issue I had been having of not recieving any XP/FCC.

• Advertisement

When defending dont run, sounds simple but so easy to hold R2 when getting beat from an attacker...If in doubt, take him out! :D

It does help to not run but you kinda have to if some super speedy striker is running at/past you?

Advertisement