Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Just bought this today, first Fifa game I have bought since 10. So far its great, really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭eggy81

What an absolute jittering stumbling mess of a game. 2 weeks at it now and it's just ****e. No other words for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

have to agree with the guy above. the game is a joke. keepers heading corners away instead of catching them, standing there as the striker runs past him...i could go on for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Goalkeepers are a joke, ruin the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The game is a bit of a mess, bits n bobs here and there that make it poor. Still can't get over centre halfs standing at the edge of the penalty area when defending a corner, sums it up really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Goalkeepers are a joke, ruin the game.

In what way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

In what way?

Can't deal with certain situation at all, it's way too easy to go around them and they're ridiculous for punching the ball away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have to admit, I don't think it's half as bad as some people are trying to make out.

With goalkeepers, it can be frustrating but it's probably more realistic; if a player in real life gets one on one with a keeper, most times a keeper will go the wrong way or get tricked or struggle to stop a shot. I prefer the goalkeepers now as opposed to the impenetrable brick walls in previous games.

The only major problem for me is the way people can dribble from the kick off to the goal due to a stupid amount of space between your defence and the rest of your team. But even then, I've managed to adjust now and 99% of the time now, if someone tries it, I get the ball off them and suddenly I'm in possession.

Otherwise, it's really not that much different than every other Fifa game in terms of flaws, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a mess or unplayable or anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

When you play as a player in career, can you have transfer bids made for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

phobia2011 wrote: »
    When you play as a player in career, can you have transfer bids made for you?

Yeah, well you can request to go on loan or transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I have to admit, I don't think it's half as bad as some people are trying to make out.

With goalkeepers, it can be frustrating but it's probably more realistic; if a player in real life gets one on one with a keeper, most times a keeper will go the wrong way or get tricked or struggle to stop a shot. I prefer the goalkeepers now as opposed to the impenetrable brick walls in previous games.

The only major problem for me is the way people can dribble from the kick off to the goal due to a stupid amount of space between your defence and the rest of your team. But even then, I've managed to adjust now and 99% of the time now, if someone tries it, I get the ball off them and suddenly I'm in possession.

Otherwise, it's really not that much different than every other Fifa game in terms of flaws, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a mess or unplayable or anything....

the kick off thing will hopefully be patched, over on reddit the majority are certain it's a glitch with the AI and a delay for it to 'turn on' after tip. very annoying to take the lead or equalise and lose it straight away to a scummy goal

the kick off thing will hopefully be patched, over on reddit the majority are certain it's a glitch with the AI and a delay for it to 'turn on' after tip. very annoying to take the lead or equalise and lose it straight away to a scummy goal

Sounds about right. I find that, for me, it's because the strikers and midfield all surge towards the center of the pitch as soon as the oposing player takes a step forward. Even my CDM has a habit of charging in. Just started selecting him and holding him back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I've played fifa for a couple years and still don't know about the work rates can you see it in the game or are you going to a website to see them? Would like to know for ultimate team

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I've played fifa for a couple years and still don't know about the work rates can you see it in the game or are you going to a website to see them? Would like to know for ultimate team

Www.futhead.com you can even search by W/R as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Www.futhead.com you can even search by W/R as far as I know

Sofifa is updated weekly, so for anyone playing seasons or career mode sofifa is better. Obviously futhead is better for looking just at FUT cards

http://sofifa.com/players/?hl=en-GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is the game good on xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is the game good on xbox 360

Apparently its just a reskinned Fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Anyone know what the update was for? Just downloaded one on ps4 anyway over 200+MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Finical wrote: »
    Anyone know what the update was for? Just downloaded one on ps4 anyway over 200+MB.

Fixed ‘search-by-name’ functionality in Career Mode
    Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match
    Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players
    Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches
    Fixed occurrences where the player would be unable to progress at the end of a FUT match due to the post-match menus not appearing
    Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs
    Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces
    Fixed occurrence where changes to the Subs and/or Reserves are not brought into Season matches

miralize wrote: »
    Apparently its just a reskinned Fifa 14

Completely different to Fifa 14 on 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hows the gameplay?

miralize wrote: »
    Hows the gameplay?

A lot better IMO, everything feels a lot more fluid.

Have you played the ps4/xb1 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fixed ‘search-by-name’ functionality in Career Mode
    Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match
    Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players
    Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches
    Fixed occurrences where the player would be unable to progress at the end of a FUT match due to the post-match menus not appearing
    Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs
    Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces
    Fixed occurrence where changes to the Subs and/or Reserves are not brought into Season matches

What you posted is a first patch...

Here is a changelog for a second patch:

- Adjustments and improvements to shooting and goalkeepers.
    - (PS4) Fix for fans experiencing stuttering during online and offline gameplay.
    - Added ability to call out the keeper in Pro Clubs.
    - Fix for instances where Player Instructions in Seasons mode were not carrying over into gameplay via Team Management.
    - Further improvements to Player Search in Career Mode.
    - Adjusted Legendary difficulty in gameplay.
    - Improvements to Goal Line Technology.
    - Fix for match length issues in FIFA Ultimate Team Single Player Seasons matches.
    - Updated real-world injuries and suspensions in Match Day Live.
    - Improvements to ‘Looking Ahead’ audio in Career.
    - Fixes to Player selection in Team Management in multiplayer matches.
    - Tuned player specific audio speech in all modes.
    - (XB1) Improvements to motion blur effects.
    - (XB1) Fix to the display of FIFA Ultimate Team Legend players in the EA SPORTS Football Club widget.

Hmmm I wonder what the adjusment to legendary difficulty is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Still nothing about match fixtures in career mode :mad:

Going to start up a new career. Want to take a team from the bottom to the top, preferably in England. Anyone any suggestions of a team? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Going to start up a new career. Want to take a team from the bottom to the top, preferably in England. Anyone any suggestions of a team? :D

Burton Albion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Burnley or Leicester, if you want to completely rebuild

QPR or Hull if you want to start with a decent team

• Advertisement

Burnley or Leicester, if you want to completely rebuild

QPR or Hull if you want to start with a decent team

Pfft, PL teams. When I say bottom, I mean bottom :P

Will give BA a try Hollister, thanks :)

Advertisement