Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

thorbarry wrote: »
    I am constantly getting errors playing seasons. Getting 'there was an error getting your online information'. On ps4. Anyone else ? It already cost me a match

2 matches....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

2 matches....

couldnt even get onto a game last night. gladly i didnt as i dont want my 14 unbeaten streak to end by EA servers :pac:

MarkY91 wrote: »
    couldnt even get onto a game last night. gladly i didnt as i dont want my 14 unbeaten streak to end by EA servers :pac:

ahh good to know its not just me then. Cheers dude

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ahh good to know its not just me then. Cheers dude

Updates were being done for Ultimate Team with the TOTY release

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone up for a game of fifa? ps4 username is below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Any not so good players up for a game? not looking to get hammered.

PM if interested, just looking for a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

getting the "there was an error connecting to FIFA 15 ultimate team" error all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The only thing I have to say about Fifa 15 is WTF is with the utterly awful goal keepers? I hate the game for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

The only thing I have to say about Fifa 15 is WTF is with the utterly awful goal keepers? I hate the game for it.

Pretty bad. Although I do like how you can meg the keeper from a tight angle running from the corner more or less along the goal line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ummm so I have question,lets say in an online season,a player has a green arrow beside name and his overall rating has gone up.
    Has any of his attributes gone up or what does it mean if anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

he's improved during the game week. finishing, heading, marking, pace etc have gone up leading to an improvement in ranking. is hazard being on form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

How soon do they add January transfers to their new teams?

In other words, when can I dominate my opponents with Aguero and Wilfried Bony up top?!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Every Friday I believe. Cut off for for transfers seems to be the Wednesday so Bony should be updated this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How soon do they add January transfers to their new teams?

In other words, when can I dominate my opponents with Aguero and Wilfried Bony up top?!

Whenever your not playing me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone up for some CO-OP on PS4?

Burkie7-MUFC is my PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Was living with a mate who had this for PS4, so got to play this for a while. Found it very hard to enjoy it as much as I did FIFA 12 and 13 (the latter being my favourite), being honest.

Wasn't an issue with not being able to win, or anything like that, as I had 15 games online, won 14 and drew the other, but it just seems to have lost its edge for me.

Anyone else feel the same?

Knex. wrote: »
    Was living with a mate who had this for PS4, so got to play this for a while. Found it very hard to enjoy it as much as I did FIFA 12 and 13 (the latter being my favourite), being honest.

Wasn't an issue with not being able to win, or anything like that, as I had 15 games online, won 14 and drew the other, but it just seems to have lost its edge for me.

Anyone else feel the same?

Ya it's pretty poor.

It's definitely FIFA 13>FIFA 14>FIFA 15.

I thought 14 was rubbish and didn't see how 15 could be any worse but it probably is.
    The dribbling system is just rubbish now, takes so much effort to do what you want and there's an awful lot of mistouches on a turnover which can lead to chances for the opposition striker if he can reclaim it quick.

I'm on a good run lately, left it from October until last week and I've lost 4 games out of 50+ racing into D1 is double quick time.

I still don't find it too enjoyable even having won as many as I have.
    You're once again more vulnerable on the attack to the counter due to how overly accurate you have to be defending and if they've pacy forwards and they're good at doing a wavy run they'll get plenty of better chances than you will by building play up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

and lets not forget the goalkeepers, who like to dive after the ball has gone past them, or stand their like fcuking gormless twats doing nothing!

Ya it's pretty poor.

It's definitely FIFA 13>FIFA 14>FIFA 15.

I thought 14 was rubbish and didn't see how 15 could be any worse but it probably is.
    The dribbling system is just rubbish now, takes so much effort to do what you want and there's an awful lot of mistouches on a turnover which can lead to chances for the opposition striker if he can reclaim it quick.

I'm on a good run lately, left it from October until last week and I've lost 4 games out of 50+ racing into D1 is double quick time.

I still don't find it too enjoyable even having won as many as I have.
    You're once again more vulnerable on the attack to the counter due to how overly accurate you have to be defending and if they've pacy forwards and they're good at doing a wavy run they'll get plenty of better chances than you will by building play up.

You're not defending properly.

I haven't had fifa in years. Had a 360. Bought a ps4 and fifa. Went online. Went more or less straight to div 1. Got relegated once from there but back up again.

You have to set the tactics up properly. I usually got for a defensive one with my forwards working hard in defence.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    You're not defending properly.

I haven't had fifa in years. Had a 360. Bought a ps4 and fifa. Went online. Went more or less straight to div 1. Got relegated once from there but back up again.

You have to set the tactics up properly. I usually got for a defensive one with my forwards working hard in defence.

I know how to defend better than most.

For the past week I had the second lowest average goals against in Seasons in the top 100 players.
    0.63 per game so was averaging against less than one per game.

I even went 11 games without conceding yesterday while in D2/D3, that's some stretch to keep different players out up the divisions.

The games just broken, even when I know where and when they're going to turn they still easily miss tackles... it wasn't like that in previous versions.
    They're trying to create a more open experience but it just ends up being messy with the best opportunities to score from quick ball to the forwards who can sprint erratically at the backline before the midfield can get back.

As for the losing the ball after winning it, that's probably more to do with the xbox controllers so maybe PS4 players don't have that problem.

The XB1 controllers back triggers are overly sensitive. If you use all four fingers on top as I do then you've two sitting over the triggers when not in use and the slightest pressure on them can cause problems(if holding L2 slightly you'll stop running, if R2 then a sprint.
    I can at least admit that might not be as much of an issue bar XB1 but it's been an issue in 14 and 15 on XB1.

• Advertisement

and lets not forget the goalkeepers, who like to dive after the ball has gone past them, or stand their like fcuking gormless twats doing nothing!

I've started to give up on going across the goal with shots any more as you're more likely to pull it well wide but you benefit a lot from the poor keepers just hitting it to the near side.
    They could probably tone down the amount of mistakes they make at that near post.

What is annoying me most is that the keepers dont care if the ball goes out for a corner!! they just stand there looking at it when they could easily stop it. Even old skool pro evo keepers stopped the ball going for a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I had an evening of frustration trying to win the Continental Cup. Eventually won it, but the amount of bad luck along the way was nuts....

I got to the final at the first attempt, and ended up playing a really good player. 0-0 after 90 mins, at the second half he runs the length of the field straight from kick off with 6 of my team surrounding him. Pretty rubbish way to decide an otherwise very close game. I checked his record to see what he was like and looked at his recent results. It was his Premier Cup final. That's a bit unfair. Surely they should match you against someone else in the same cup?

Got to the Semi final the next time around, and I gave away THREE random penalties that I had no control over at all. I never press slide tackle, or the push/pull standing tackle button. It's not like he beat my players with skill moves, or was in some animation. I go to tackle him, his player falls over, penalty.

Then I start over and get to the final. This time, the guy gets TWO random penalties. Again, didn't slide tackle, didn't press circle, just ran across him to take the ball, I get the ball, his player stumbles, penalty. Before that, my keeper came out, launched at his player who stumbles, nothing I can do at all, penalty. Thankfully I actually won the game in the end.

All's well that ends well, but it's incredibly frustrating to start games 1, 2 or 3 goals down, and when I win the ball cleanly, it's a foul and a booking, but the opposition can mill me out of it at every possible opportunity and I get nothing.

They really need to:
    • Fix the random penalties
    • Fix the fact the refs make horrendously bad decisions
    • Stop dribbling from the kick off being effective
    • Slow the game down so pace isn't the be all and end all
    • Stop the user controlled celebrations, it's annoying when someone acts the dick with it.
    • Get rid of multiple replays of goals, nobody enjoys sitting there while some guy watches every single replay of every goal.
    • Fix the fact that sometimes wins are not awarded
    • Fix the fact that chipped through balls are still overpowered
    • Sort out the EA servers
    • Change the cup formats so you play in the cup you entered. Not the one higher or lower.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I had an evening of frustration trying to win the Continental Cup. Eventually won it, but the amount of bad luck along the way was nuts....

I got to the final at the first attempt, and ended up playing a really good player. 0-0 after 90 mins, at the second half he runs the length of the field straight from kick off with 6 of my team surrounding him. Pretty rubbish way to decide an otherwise very close game. I checked his record to see what he was like and looked at his recent results. It was his Premier Cup final. That's a bit unfair. Surely they should match you against someone else in the same cup?

Got to the Semi final the next time around, and I gave away THREE random penalties that I had no control over at all. I never press slide tackle, or the push/pull standing tackle button. It's not like he beat my players with skill moves, or was in some animation. I go to tackle him, his player falls over, penalty.

Then I start over and get to the final. This time, the guy gets TWO random penalties. Again, didn't slide tackle, didn't press circle, just ran across him to take the ball, I get the ball, his player stumbles, penalty. Before that, my keeper came out, launched at his player who stumbles, nothing I can do at all, penalty. Thankfully I actually won the game in the end.

All's well that ends well, but it's incredibly frustrating to start games 1, 2 or 3 goals down, and when I win the ball cleanly, it's a foul and a booking, but the opposition can mill me out of it at every possible opportunity and I get nothing.

They really need to:
    • Stop the user controlled celebrations, it's annoying when someone acts the dick with it.
    • Get rid of multiple replays of goals, nobody enjoys sitting there while some guy watches every single replay of every goal.
    • Change the cup formats so you play in the cup you entered. Not the one higher or lower.

The penalties are given when the player takes a shot and you cut across them. You either slide block from a distance or don't try and intercept the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Anyone up for some CO-OP on PS4?

Burkie7-MUFC is my PSN.

I wouldn't mind playing some co-op actually - sent a friend request to you. I think there are a few trophies for it at least.

If anyone else wants to give it a try, feel free to fire me a PM.

:cool:
    I wouldn't mind playing some co-op actually - sent a friend request to you. I think there are a few trophies for it at least.

If anyone else wants to give it a try, feel free to fire me a PM.

I should be on after the United match tonight mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

They really need to:

This. I'd love a rematch option in the online mode. I've played as United or Arsenal against someone who's Real or PSG and had close loses (2-1 or 1-0) and it'd be great to offer them a rematch and pick a stronger team. Especially when it's someone who's celebrated and replayed the sh*t out of a soft, last-minute goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Anybody up for a game now on PS4?

Anyone on for clubs or co op seasons now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I've been playing regular seasons the last good while and when I try to compare stats to my friends in leaderboards it says that I've 0 rank points, 0 games played etc when I've played a hell of a lot of games. I'd like to see where I'm ranked overall.

Anyone know if there is a fix around it?

Advertisement