Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Out of interest knex, what's your record online in Fifa?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RossieMan wrote: »
    Out of interest knex, what's your record online in Fifa?

Only played FIFA15 for a month or two, as it was my housemates PS4, but in Seasons it was 15-1-1.

In FIFA 14 and 13 I averaged about 3 wins to a loss on Xbox 360, playing 200 games or so. So a much bigger sampling size.

How come?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

In offline mode have Fifa fixed the cross ball problem? I don't mind finding a game hard or struggling to get wins and in the league (I'm used to it) so it's not like I was just not able to take getting beaten, but in Fifa 14 when the AI crossed in balls they scored on average 60% of the time. It didn't seem to matter how much I tried I couldn't stop it. It actually ruined the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In offline mode have Fifa fixed the cross ball problem? I don't mind finding a game hard or struggling to get wins and in the league (I'm used to it) so it's not like I was just not able to take getting beaten, but in Fifa 14 when the AI crossed in balls they scored on average 60% of the time. It didn't seem to matter how much I tried I couldn't stop it. It actually ruined the game for me.

I remember that being a disaster in FIFA 12, so much so that you actually had to be the centre back and anticipate where the cross was going, and even then the likes of Drogba would just bury it (although this was just playing against mates and online), but I haven't really noticed it being overpowered much since then, tbh.

Perhaps someone with more game time than myself on this year's version might know more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

awec wrote: »
    How do people switch player in FIFA? LB or the right stick?

LB seems to be so infuriatingly stupid sometimes. Will pick players where there is absolutely no logical reason to do so.

Haven't quite mastered the right stick yet. :(

If you have a guy running at you and hes just gone past your halfway line, get control of one of your defenders straight away and stick with him. Once you have slowed the counter attack down, you will have enough men behind the ball to take control of of one of your mids to take the ball away.

Last minute switching with LB or the stick can be a goal waiting to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

How do you defend on world class? :pac: I'm so bad at it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How do you defend on world class? :pac: I'm so bad at it :(

don't move your defenders until you have too. if you come rushing out with your cb, they'll exploit the space you leave behind

just be very patient, don't go to ground until you have to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Cant play seasons or any online mode in fifa on xb1. I get "there was a problem with the online squad check" followed by " there was a problem getting your online information"

wtf is wrong with it . Been happening over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

delete your profile and try again. had the same issue

miralize wrote: »
    delete your profile and try again. had the same issue

You mean my xbox profile or fifa profile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

fifa profile. it should be under my fifa or my options

miralize wrote: »
    fifa profile. it should be under my fifa or my options

Profile manager is all I can see

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If I am trying to pass to someone and there is an offside player anywhere near them 100% of the time FIFA will pass to the offside player. Even if I just tap the pass button and the onside guy is closer, it will ALWAYS pass to the offside player. No matter what I do to aim toward the guy onside, FIFA will pass to the player who is offside.

Is this something that can be controlled with tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

awec wrote: »
    If I am trying to pass to someone and there is an offside player anywhere near them 100% of the time FIFA will pass to the offside player. Even if I just tap the pass button and the onside guy is closer, it will ALWAYS pass to the offside player. No matter what I do to aim toward the guy onside, FIFA will pass to the player who is offside.

Is this something that can be controlled with tactics?

You can use manual passing or manual through balls.

This means you are in full control of the power and the positioning of the pass.
    Takes a bit of getting used to but is very good.

I suggest leaving passing on auto or semi auto, and then through passes on manual, so you can choose which one suits best depending on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I've been out of the loop for the past while, so I've just heard that PES has really upped its game this year. In fact, I was shocked to see it recommend over FIFA on IGN.com. I loved PES back in the day, but FIFA has been the only satisfying footy game for nearly a decade, despite being hugely infuriating at times. Anyway, I'm picking up a PS4 soon, and although I'll end up buying both titles, I just wanted to see what the general consensus is amongst FIFA players. Now, this isn't a PES v FIFA thing, so calm down. I'm just looking for genuine opinions from people that know a good footy game when they play one. We all know where PES goes wrong every year. I mean, the game is maddeningly bizarre at times, especially in its presentation. But where has FIFA gone wrong? Why is it losing ground after so many years on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Why is it losing ground after so many years on top?

Because all of their energy is going into the cash cow card game that is Ultimate Team, instead of improving the football game. It has stagnated badly and actually regressed in some ways since 10-12.

I buy FIFA every year, but I'd love PES to make a real come back and push EA to be better. Or just supplant it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Because all of their energy is going into the cash cow card game that is Ultimate Team, instead of improving the football game. It has stagnated badly and actually regressed in some ways since 10-12.

I buy FIFA every year, but I'd love PES to make a real come back and push EA to be better. Or just supplant it.

FIFA 12 was the last one I put any serious time into. I've played the more recent ones a little bit, and they just didn't feel right. I thought that it was because I hadn't put in the hours, as sometimes it takes a while to open a game up. I'm glad it's not just me that finds them uninspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Yep seriously ignored career mode, actually made it worse in many ways. There was a few videos a YouTuber made about it, back in fifa 10 you could control so much variables on how players developed and how much sponsorship revenue you'd get. Meant each career mode had potential to be completely different and players were unpredictable, you could buy a star or a flop. Nowadays it's literally just pick your team and you have x amount of money, the same few players are gonna get to 80+ in a few seasons so go buy them while they're still in the 60's/70's. Boring.

Ultimate team is fun in fairness, did add a lot to the game's multiplayer. And skill games can be fun too. But single player needs to be given more attention. A proper career mode reform and maybe a proper tournament mode too, rather than just tournament brackets and then off you go there could be things like an option to have draws for each round, tournament form where players can move up ratings more than the usual potential for that tournament, like in the World Cup where a relatively average player seems to play out of his skin(think mascherano in Barca, far from average but in the World Cup he'd be an 88 rated player) every game or if they have a mare they'd go down big time. Obviously this would affect opponents too so the team you're coming across could be very different from the normal starting 11. These are very small things but would add a lot to the game in my opinion.

There's also the glaring omission of being able to start your own club and work your way up to the prem/bundesliga/whatever. You could start off with a bunch of 40 rated players and you'd have to make all the big calls with regards to coaching, when to move into a bigger stadium/build your own stadium/yada yada, more goals you score more fans you attract, stuff like that. They wouldn't have to buy the rights for the conference or whatever, just make fictional teams only there in career mode until you get moved up to League 2 or it's equivalent in the other leagues. So many little things they could add in, like say if you hire certain youth coaches, the players you'll be producing will have 3/4 star skill minimum, others will have bigger more physical players, others a mix of both. I personally think this would be very enjoyable, but maybe other people mightn't be interested in it?

But either way EA are seriously letting themselves down here, PES has a good chance to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Yeah I agree Career mode has gone to the dogs. Conducting transfers is a pain and there really isn't much to do apart from select the team, offer contracts and ignore hundreds of generic e-mails.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Transfers are just broken in FIFA. The process makes no sense at all and seems completely random at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I agree. Career mode is the sane since I was a young teenager.

What my brothers and I beg for is lounge mode returned and revamped. In depth stats etc. We love to take the piss when one of us is on a winning streak

Still cant play seasons, im stil getting that message. I can play fut season and friendlies but no seasons. Think il have to get onto support. There going to get sick of me complaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

How do you go about taking part in FIFA for cash? As in tourneys and all that? Not sure where to look

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

9bred4 wrote: »
    How do you go about taking part in FIFA for cash? As in tourneys and all that? Not sure where to look

virgin gaming. or something. i got into it like 3 years ago thinking i was going to be a millionaire. dont do it...the best of the best play in cash games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

MarkY91 wrote: »
    virgin gaming. or something. i got into it like 3 years ago thinking i was going to be a millionaire. dont do it...the best of the best play in cash games

The big problem is nobody will play you if youve a winning record on it. Better to pick on the feeders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

What are cash games?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone up for some CO OP Seasons? Burkie7-MUFC on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone care to add me so I can get those petty share and like comment achievements!? :p

Xbox 360 - Trilla83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Well lads looking for a bit of help. When i try to play seasons online and click play match, a message comes up saying : there was a problem with the online squad check. Please try again later. Any idea how to fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

akelly02 wrote: »
    Well lads looking for a bit of help. When i try to play seasons online and click play match, a message comes up saying : there was a problem with the online squad check. Please try again later. Any idea how to fix this?

Mine has been doing that for the last couple.of months

Advertisement