Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This happened in clubs the last night. When would any group of professional footballers make a series of touches as bad as this IRL??

http://xboxclips.com/XI+Delta/5b196629-3732-44ed-8fb7-c7f1599dea6b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

anyone for a few games later?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

miralize wrote: »
    When would any group of professional footballers make a series of touches as bad as this IRL??

When it's 3pm on a Saturday in Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I find Dortmund to be pretty insane, playing 4-5-1.

Will give Arsenal a go when next I pick it up again. Had been trying a few different teams recently, Belgium being one.

Used 4-3-3, and it kills on the wings, but I really don't care much for Benteke at all. Not my type of player.

• Advertisement

Ac Milan are one to look at if you like Dortmund. Pretty similar set up if you put Cerci up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The league title is the last Seasons trophy I've left to win now. I miss the option to just play an unranked online single game. I usually just use the cups for experimenting with teams and formations. I've an okay record and I'd prefer not to lose a bunch of games and get relegated trying stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Anybody notice that when you have a 2 goal lead, and the opposition get a free kick near your pen area with say 15mins to go, i user a player to get back on the line that my keeper is not covering, but when i try to move him back he stops or goes in super slow motion as my opponent scores in the place where i would've had my player.

only seems to happen in ultimate team

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Got back into seasons recently and its hard to believe how Villareal are only a 4 star team. With the players they have suprised how they arent 4 & 1/2. Maybe the bench lets them down a bit

2-0 up in 90 mins and 5 mins added time

started doing the good old keeper to defender for a few passes to waste some time and I ****ed up and conceded

Kicked off and hoofed it back to my goal keeper for him to just do nothing and watch the ball bounce over him and go in the goals :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Thats what you get for Mourinho tactics & long ball ;)

True, I panicked as I needed the 3 points to get to div 5

I straighetned myself out by thinking of how bayern must have felt losing to utd in the CL final

Put things into perspective for me

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

v3ttel wrote: »
    The league title is the last Seasons trophy I've left to win now. I miss the option to just play an unranked online single game. I usually just use the cups for experimenting with teams and formations. I've an okay record and I'd prefer not to lose a bunch of games and get relegated trying stuff out.

This, I wish you could play unranked custom games, handy every now and again, if your stuck in a rut or as you say, trying something new out. playing division 1 all the time takes so much concentration. It would be nice to relax and score some for fun!

thats where online friendlies come in handy. I generally play with teams that i'm trying to adjust to.

Division 1 is awful if you play with Madrid/Barca/munich. you always play the same teams which is no craic in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:mad::mad::mad: Such a frustrating game. Played a co-op seasons game there, we were Madrid and faced Barca. We had the majority of the chances but it was 2-2 into the 90th min. Ronaldo slots it in to surely give us a deserved win only for Neymar to literally score from the kick off.... Punt from the halfway line, up over Casillas to finish 3-3. Never been as tempted to just fling the game out the window as I am now....

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

People who time waste at the end of games are absolute dickheads. Tapping it about between keeper and fullback, grow a set and play the game. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

awec wrote: »
    People who time waste at the end of games are absolute dickheads. Tapping it about between keeper and fullback, grow a set and play the game. :mad:

What really annoys me is the short corner trick and how it still hasn't been patched. It's ridiculously overpowered if you know what you're doing. And some even use it to time waste as well.

martyos121 wrote: »
    What really annoys me is the short corner trick and how it still hasn't been patched. It's ridiculously overpowered if you know what you're doing. And some even use it to time waste as well.

I have noticed the past few days that a lot of people are taking corners to the edge of the box now and passing it into the box. Seems to be overpowered as the defenders do silly things that cause men to be free in the box.

Corner to edge -> immediate pass inside the box on the volley -> shoot -> goal.

Its the 1-2 passes then a quick L1 and triangle over the top that gets me. There's so much wrong with the game, so many exploits. There's very little skill to the game anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I've gave up on it.

Even when your winning your not really enjoying it.

I started playing PES now it's a much more enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

RossieMan wrote: »
    Its the 1-2 passes then a quick L1 and triangle over the top that gets me. There's so much wrong with the game, so many exploits. There's very little skill to the game anymore.

There's plenty of skill in it still. If there wasn't then top level you tubers like dirtymike, ovy and Japes wouldn't have such ridic win rates.

People call them exploits but the simple fact is that there will always be some tactics that are more effective than others. It's the same across all games tbh. The 1-2 ott ball is a pain but with correct defending its not the hardest to counter. It's all about tracking the runner and not trying to be clever with your clearance and getting caught out. That doesn't mean you'll always stop it but if defended properly its far from over powered. (Doesn't mean I don't concede from them often tho but my defending isn't exactly pro level)

They are not really exploits, but they are taking advantage of known problems with the games AI.

It's a limitation of the game rather than the person playing.

To try and change topics,

how are people finding winning Division 1? Its so hard to put a string of 8 games together to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Yeah i found it difficult to win division 1 , you really need to find the right team that suits your style of play.
    I won a lot of games with Lyon and with Mexico and just hoped that i didn't come up against a team that was half a star stronger as the difference in pace etc made it really difficult.
    I also found many people in division one use "the park the bus and counter attack tactic".
    I have been using Spurs lately in seasons mode because i need practice with them for the boards league but three relegation's later i have stopped using them haha.

Been playing mostly as Atletico Madrid these days. Seem to suit my play style with Torres and Mandzukic always running off the shoulder.

I had a Great start to the week, was played 54th in the top 100 weekly leaderboards yesterday having won 3 out of 4 division 1 titles. You come across some players with amazing win-loss ratios and not having won a division 1 title. Mine is ****e and I've won 10 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I started playing with Liverpool, 4-2-2, Sturridge and Sterling up top, and I'm enjoying the game more. However, playing more games means I'm exposed to more FIFA madness, such as defenders running into each other, horrific reffing, etc, but at least there's no more Ronaldo, Portugal games aside.

Haha playing a career match with Napoli and 3-0 up.

Higuain gets injured but ive used all 3 subs. It wont let me exit the squad screen cause I keep getting a msg saying you must substitute the injured player.

Joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Can someone explain to me how to use the contain function when defending?

Advertisement