Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,121 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Few of my 'friends' got similar. I haven't. Any way of registering without the email?

No idea but on the email it said registration can not be shared

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

martyos121 wrote: »
    Heard you can use "park the bus" tactics this year. That is going to be absolutely abused when you're a goal or two down online.

Dear God no.

Schmeichel and Roy Keane two of the legends this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Schmeichel and Roy Keane two of the legends this year!!!

You can thank me for that*, I put the squeeze on Marcel Khun at the media day. Although I also asked for Gary Breen, hopefully FIFA 16 then.

*not really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

No Paul Scholes? that's a shame..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any word on the demo yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Anyone know anything new about career mode ?

Why do they bring this game out when college starts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

imagine what it was like for GTA V last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

They need to sort out the new players after the window shuts. Although they could do it with an update package but not everybody has internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No surprise to see Howard featured so heavily there. :P The yanks will eat that up.

Glad to see some new keeper animations but the thing that I enjoyed the most was when he acted as the sweeper keeper and headed it away. I hope we see a better job of that this year. The amount of times this year he will come out and head it 3 yards straight to the opposition for an open goal is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

interview with lead developer for ultimate team on playstationtrophies

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-14022-FIFA-15-Ultimate-Team---Three-New-Reasons-to-Play.html

FIFA Ultimate Team isn't just any old game mode, it's the biggest and most compelling mode for one of the longest-running, most popular franchises in the world. It's a big deal. So you'll be pleased to hear that in FIFA 15, FUT is back with a number of new additions to freshen things up.

But what are these new things? We grabbed FIFA Ultimate Team Lead Developer, Marcel Kuhne, to talk us through them. You probably don't need any encouragement, but here's three new reasons to play FUT 15.

Concept Squads

“Concept Squads is a new tool that we’re adding in FIFA 15, where we give you the ability to use the whole player database within FUT. You can use it in multiple ways; you can either place an individual player in a squad, you can replace a whole midfield, or you can build a complete dream squad to test out the chemistry of the players and work out exactly who you want to chase on the transfer market.”

Loan Players

“With loan players, our main thought was that we want you to feel what the best players in FUT 15 feel like. So in FIFA 15 there’s several ways to get loan players. The first time you enter FUT 15 you’ll get to sign one world class loan player. You’ll notice their different because they have a blue outline and a little blue widget that indicates how many games they have left with you. Loans are based on games, not time.

“You can also redeem new loan players in the EA Sports FC catalogue and we’ll be periodically releasing new players in there. So once you’ve had a loan-specific guy, you can’t loan him again because it’s a one-off. But there’ll always be new players. If you pre-order the FIFA 15 Ultimate Edition you will also get to loan Messi."

Sharing and Commenting

"One thing that’s really interesting, especially about Concept Squads, is when you combine them with the EAS FC feed you can share them with user users. So in FUT 15, when you share your squad with your friends, they’ll have the option to Like it, Dislike it, comment on on it - and as a cool extra thing they can copy that squad as a concept blueprint and then chase down the same squad. It opens up a bunch of possibilities. For example you could have a contest with your friends saying, ‘Hey, let’s see who can build this squad faster' or 'Can you give me some insight into how I can improve
    this squad?” - so there’s a lot of social interaction comes with that.

it goes into more detail on futhead website with more pitcures

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-15/29019-fifa-15-new-fut-details

they have included ut friendly seasons this year

Concept Squads

“Concept Squads is a new tool that we’re adding in FIFA 15, where we give you the ability to use the whole player database within FUT. You can use it in multiple ways; you can either place an individual player in a squad, you can replace a whole midfield, or you can build a complete dream squad to test out the chemistry of the players and work out exactly who you want to chase on the transfer market.”

About time. This is a good move.

I'm pretty sure FUThead will be unhappy as their traffic is about to plummet though. :P

http://balls.ie/football/balls-ie-previews-ea-sports-fifa-15/

My preview has just gone up, went into detail about the new features and a bit about how I thought they were implemented.

As I said before, no holds barred now so ask away with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Do you know if you can search for players by their rating in career mode ? Would make Fifa 15 for me

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

My preview has just gone up, went into detail about the new features and a bit about how I thought they were implemented.

As I said before, no holds barred now so ask away with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Can you skip the cutscenes at the end of an online match? I realise you were playing local multiplayer but in case they told you. Even when you have won, having to sit there for ages is annoying as hell.

I know the Over the top LB Y through balls have changed. But can you describe them a little? Do they go long? Do they not go where you aimed them? What happens if you try them first time or from a wonky angle, etc.

Is the heading still 1v1?

Do keepers still accidentally pass it out when skipping a replay?

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some Questions for Mikey

Any more new stadiums outside the PL?
    Have they sorted the Camera issues for certain Stadiums i.e Not being able to Zoom in for Tele camera?
    Do CPU teams plays similar to how they would in real life i.e Barcelona tiki taka etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Did they sort out that offside glitch, where you automatically pass to an offside player, even if you are directing the pass to a completely different player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Wow, so many little welcome changes. Being able to save preset teams in career mode and concept squads in UT is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anything new in seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know this is only a small feature, but is there any sign of pre-season tours in career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Offline tournament mode? PLEASE SAY YES

Do forwards still constanly play on the shoulder of the last man and keep getting called offside or do they actually come deep and look for the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Are all these features strictly next gen? me no afford next gen pls sir

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

They're not 'next gen' anymore, it's 'current gen' and you're now on 'last gen'. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

They're not 'next gen' anymore, it's 'current gen' and you're now on 'last gen'. :P

poor gen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Any word on the throw in animation where they go chasing the ball? Cheers!

Do you know if you can search for players by their rating in career mode ? Would make Fifa 15 for me

I dont know, I didn't get to have a go of career mode.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Can you skip the cutscenes at the end of an online match? I realise you were playing local multiplayer but in case they told you. Even when you have won, having to sit there for ages is annoying as hell.

I know the Over the top LB Y through balls have changed. But can you describe them a little? Do they go long? Do they not go where you aimed them? What happens if you try them first time or from a wonky angle, etc.

Is the heading still 1v1?

Do keepers still accidentally pass it out when skipping a replay?

Cheers mate.

They didn't mention the online replay thing.

LB+Y is more of an accuracy thing now, its not a guaranteed perfect ball, sometimes too floaty, sometimes sends the man wide.

Group headers are more noticeable, corners are way tougher because of this.

The keeper replay thing could still happen I think
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Some Questions for Mikey

Any more new stadiums outside the PL?
    Have they sorted the Camera issues for certain Stadiums i.e Not being able to Zoom in for Tele camera?
    Do CPU teams plays similar to how they would in real life i.e Barcelona tiki taka etc?

No info on other stadiums or the cameras, but I played offline on World Class and it was far more enjoyable than 14, as teams seemed to have more of an identity. I played BVB and they were all counter, I played Club America and they were fast but kind of ****.
    Anything new in seasons?

No info on seasons i'm afraid.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I know this is only a small feature, but is there any sign of pre-season tours in career mode?

No info on this either but pretty sure there won't be.
    Offline tournament mode? PLEASE SAY YES

I think they mentioned that it was back this year, but I can't find it in my notes. Not 100% on that.
    Do forwards still constanly play on the shoulder of the last man and keep getting called offside or do they actually come deep and look for the ball?

You decide how they play with the custom player tactics now. Say you are playing as Chelsea, you can set Diego Costa to "run in behind" or "target man" depending on which you want to use.

All next gen, they literally showed us the guts of an hour of new features for Gen 4, and then one slide with info about Gen 3. Basically upgrade or you'll be playing FIFA 13 with new kits for the foreseeable future unfortunately.
    Any word on the throw in animation where they go chasing the ball? Cheers!

Myself and a few other lads mentioned this to them and they said they would work on it, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mikey, Thanks for all the info. Just one more Q.

Did you notice any problems with the keepers? It's one aspect that seems to be getting mixed reviews, with people saying they were making too many stupid mistakes. Did you experience this at all?

• Advertisement

Mikey, Thanks for all the info. Just one more Q.

Did you notice any problems with the keepers? It's one aspect that seems to be getting mixed reviews, with people saying they were making too many stupid mistakes. Did you experience this at all?

I'll be honest, I did. They told use to expect a few mistakes, and it wasn't like it was every single game, but there a few wtf moments. Keepers are much more human now, you can put it through their legs and send them the wrong way for what look like soft goals, but it really is more realistic. If the EA team iron out the kinks, it will take some getting use to but ultimately be better for it.

Advertisement