Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool have £18m to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Not got that far yet just playing 2nd game of the season

Looks like they have even scanned the premier league refs

I love the things there adding in , especially for us who follow prem teams

thanks

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I love the things there adding in , especially for us who follow prem teams

thanks

They even have a wee red card beside the team in the score board when a player is sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did they fix suspensions? It annoyed me how a player only got a one match ban for a straight red.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Did they fix suspensions? It annoyed me how a player only got a one match ban for a straight red.

Nope I got a player sent off straight red 1 match ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This is now £40 for the regular edition and £47 for the Ultimate Team Edition on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Playing with Liverpool and I am surprised that in Anfield they really have Liverpool sponsors and not the FIFA sponsors you usually see around the pitch

Oh man if Old Trafford has the Mr.Potato sponsors I'm giving this 10/10 in my review.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Does anybody know what the story is with the Amazon-exclusive Historic Kits DLC? Which kits they would be?

Just seen it there with the link to Amazon above

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Any chance you could post up the skills of some players for me?

Nadir cifci of dundee united(skills)
    Jack grealish of aston villa (pace+skills)
    chris forrester of st pats(skills)
    eoghan o'connell of celtic (pace)
    gavin gunning of birmingham (pace)
    james wilson of man utd(pace/finishing)

thanks as these are the players id hope to sign in career mode

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sorry folks but whats the difference between the ut edition and the regular game??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Sorry folks but whats the difference between the ut edition and the regular game??

You get 40 fut gold packs with the fut edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rottie 11 wrote: »

Its 10 quid more, i like ut but couldnt be arsed with that, regular it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

shamrock55 wrote: »

And you get your 40 packs spaced over the entire year. 1 pack a week.

Ain't nobody got time for that! :p Better off buying the regular and just using the difference to buy packs when you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Panda_Turtle

What's the big deal with ultimate team.

Whoever spends the most money on packs and plays all day every day wins?

How much do you have to spend to get the best team?

How much is each pack?

Have pre ordered the ultimate team version but might cancel it and order the regular version.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ultimate Team either requires you to spend a lot of time on it, or spend money to avoid having to spend time.

The packs are a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

And to be honest I love spending lots of time on it, i'd also spend about €50 on packs throughout the year as I love playing it. Hopefully they fix the transfer market issues this year though.

I wish EA spent a quarter of the time on Career Mode that they do on UT. They have to accept that not everyone plays UT, and improve the rest of the game, but of course that won't happen. They just want bleed every penny they can out of us.

Yea career mode is lacking. Basic things like young players coming through is totally missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I only started playing ut lat year but I didn't really think it required an excessive amount of time to get a decent team without spending any money

The ut packs are a joke, i have spent at least 200€ on packs in the last 2 fifa games and not a single in form player or not even a decent normal player lol

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I wish EA spent a quarter of the time on Career Mode that they do on UT. They have to accept that not everyone plays UT, and improve the rest of the game, but of course that won't happen. They just want bleed every penny they can out of us.

From EA's point of view, career mode offers absolutely nothing in terms of revenue after release, whereas FIFA Ultimate Team generates ridiculous profits for the company. EA are a business and will always go where the money is, but yes its sad to see how mundane career mode has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Might be a bit of a stupid question but I doubt they 'll put Barcelona's transfer ban into career mode will they?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Might be a bit of a stupid question but I doubt they 'll put Barcelona's transfer ban into career mode will they?

Definitely not, unfortunately. It's a shame too, because transfer bans and transfer strategies would be a great addition. I dream of a FIFA where I can play as Bilbao and not sign anyone outside of my youth academy, or start a career as Spurs and only sign players scouted by Liverpool. :D That would be terrific.

The ut packs are a joke, i have spent at least 200€ on packs in the last 2 fifa games and not a single in form player or not even a decent normal player lol

I think the best thing in UT is not to buy the packs but just go for specific players you want.

Or so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

awec wrote: »
    I think the best thing in UT is not to buy the packs but just go for specific players you want.

Or so I'm told.

That's all well to say and good but I think people who say that are being a bit untrue about the reality of the situation. The bottom line is, unless you buy packs or coins you wont have enough to buy the specific players you want.

You don't get enough coins from just winning games and unless you are going to go full anorak with playing the market, you only really have one option. Most people don't want to spend hours every day buying and selling....they want to play.

awec wrote: »

Or so I'm told.

It takes too long to get enough coins to buy the players.

It only takes a long time if you are adamant about buying the likes of Messi/Ronaldo etc. You can buy a lot of very good players for cheap enough to make a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It only takes a long time if you are adamant about buying the likes of Messi/Ronaldo etc. You can buy a lot of very good players for cheap enough to make a good team.
    Absolutely.

I'm just getting into Ultimate Team now because I originally thought it was a load of tosh because of the Top Trumps random card pack nonsense. When someone highlighted that there was a transfer market that you can shop around and get the player (or type of player) you are looking for, then the game became fun ... even addictive ... for me.

Absolutely.

I'm just getting into Ultimate Team now because I originally thought it was a load of tosh because of the Top Trumps random card pack nonsense. When someone highlighted that there was a transfer market that you can shop around and get the player (or type of player) you are looking for, then the game became fun ... even addictive ... for me.

Yeah same. I didn't play it at all before last year because I thought yo had to pay for everything to get anything out of it. Decided to start playing and started off by making a brazilian team due to some players I got in packs. Then was eventually able to make a PL team (with the likes of Negredo, Sturridge, Walcott, Oscar etc) and now have several decent teams.

• Advertisement

Every year from about 20mins a day on the web app I have an all gold Premier League team ready to play with. The players are never good, mainly 400-500 coins, but having a full chemistry team at the start is a huge advantage which makes wins easier which makes getting coins easier which makes buying actually good players easier.

Advertisement