Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

It only takes a long time if you are adamant about buying the likes of Messi/Ronaldo etc. You can buy a lot of very good players for cheap enough to make a good team.

It premier league player i want in my team and the likes of hazard , aguero etc be well over 200,000 coins. Takes a long time to get that many coins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any1 no when the web app for fifa ultimate team 15 will open

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any1 no when the web app for fifa ultimate team 15 will open

The rumours based on the last few years say Friday 12th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The rumours based on the last few years say Friday 12th September.

Yeah this will most likely be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

What are people's expectations for Fifa 15? I have mentioned in another thread that I sold my PS3 and Fifa 14 when I realised that the game was not very good on the PS3 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

What are people's expectations for Fifa 15? I have mentioned in another thread that I sold my PS3 and Fifa 14 when I realised that the game was not very good on the PS3 imo.

It just wasn't very good at all to be honest, across both consoles. In hoping this one has improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Corvo wrote: »
    It just wasn't very good at all to be honest, across both consoles. In hoping this one has improved.

have to disagree with this, i got fifa 14 on ps3 played it twice and thought it was brutal,

on ps4 a completely different ball game,

my pet hate is the keeper passing to opposition when skippng a replay:mad::mad::mad: causing relegation:mad::mad::mad: which in turn causes a cracked tv screen and a broken ds4:mad::mad::mad:

phobia2011 wrote: »
    have to disagree with this, i got fifa 14 on ps3 played it twice and thought it was brutal,

my pet hate is the keeper passing to opposition when skippng a replay:mad::mad::mad: causing relegation:mad::mad::mad: which in turn causes a cracked tv screen and a broken ds4:mad::mad::mad:

I only played it a few times too on the PS3. I thought it was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I only played it a few times too on the PS3. I thought it was awful.

It was brutal on the 360 as well, like a half-finished version of the next-gen game.

It was brutal on the 360 as well, like a half-finished version of the next-gen game.

Good, so it wasn't just me. I'm hoping Fifa 15 on the PS4 will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I didn't think 14 was that bad. Now it wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination. It was playable, just very stale or something. I don't even know how to describe it, it just felt a bit clumsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sorry, yes I meant across both PS3 and Xbox 360. Felt both were terrible. Dumped my copy for the Xbox about three days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Corvo wrote: »
    Sorry, yes I meant across both PS3 and Xbox 360. Felt both were terrible. Dumped my copy for the Xbox about three days later.

Could have got 25 euro in CEX... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Fifa jumped back up again on amazon, pissed i never pre ordered for £40,

where is best place to get it now?

Fifa jumped back up again on amazon, pissed i never pre ordered for £40,

where is best place to get it now?

If you're on XB1, then the digital copy with EA Access is the cheapest option at E41 from the US store.
    That while a digital copy, seems to be far and away the best price going.
    Even without the EA Access it should still be below E50 plus you get the added bonus of being able to download it from Tuesday with the earlier US release date.

If on the PS and Sony charge $60 for a new game, it might be worth that road as well.

I'm not a massive fan of Digital games and I've often made back a good chunk of my money reselling, but FIFA is the one game I've repurchased after selling so I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

If you're on XB1, then the digital copy with EA Access is the cheapest option at E41 from the US store.
    Even without the EA Access it should still be below E50 plus you get the added bonus of being able to download it from Tuesday with the earlier US release date.

If on the PS and Sony charge $60 for a new game, it might be worth that road as well.

I'm not a massive fan of Digital games and I've often made back a good chunk of my money reselling, but FIFA is the one game I've repurchased after selling so I'll take that.

Silly question but how does Ea access work? I will enver ever sell fifa so i wouldnt mind downloading it for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Even without the EA Access it should still be below E50 plus you get the added bonus of being able to download it from Tuesday with the earlier US release date..

How does this work though? For example, when you do this on the 3ds and buy something from the American store, you are forced to keep your region to North America in order to use it.

I'd like to be able to order it early if I can but if it involves messing with regions every time I want to play it, it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Right well I did some research myself. Apparently this works.

Millions of people did it for Titanfall because it was released in the USA first, just like Fifa. Change region, buy it, download it, change back. I see no reason why Fifa would be any different.

Kirby wrote: »

Millions of people did it for Titanfall because it was released in the USA first, just like Fifa. Change region, buy it, download it, change back. I see no reason why Fifa would be any different.

I already bought The Golf Club this way.

Its some price in fairness, and also some price difference to Euro, think I saw last night its e70.. So theyre $10 cheaper plus the 30% conversion saving.

Kirby wrote: »

For Titanfall there was a thread on boards where someone discovered it and about about 10 of us tried it, some have been doing it ever since, but it definitely works. MS have addressed it and said its fine. You can switch your locale back and forth, it doesn't matter.

You can actually even game share by finding a mate and agreeing to buy every other game on the other persons account and visa vera. Again loads of the Titanfall lads do this. Whenever a new game comes out you go onto your mates account on your console, and buy and download the game. So you have it on your console and are free to play it. He then goes on and re-downloads the game on his account, onto his console. Then next time a game you both want comes out you flip roles. Works out at €22 a game if you can find someone you trust.

• Advertisement

So just switch locale to us - buy FIFA 15 - switch back locale - and everything is ok??

So just switch locale to us - buy FIFA 15 - switch back locale - and everything is ok??

Yes. You'll need to provide a US address, and most of them will tax the game for an extra few Euro, but if you find an address in New Hampshire its tax free. As for switching locale back, yes, but I haven't seen a need to, so I've just stayed on US.

If you search the Titanfall thread on the Games forum, there are people who go into detailed instruction as to what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I've suddenly gotten really excited for FIFA 15...Di Maria and Falcao in the United team! United might actually be able to give Madrid a decent game now (at least in virtual reality) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

I always build the arsenal team, will be so tempted to put in Falcao :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I've suddenly gotten really excited for FIFA 15...Di Maria and Falcao in the United team! United might actually be able to give Madrid a decent game now (at least in virtual reality) :pac:

Not with the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, and Benzema pissing through Smalling, Jones, and Blackett they won't (even in FIFA!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Any way to get Jim White into Fifa 15? Deadline day realism!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Building a PL ultimate team will be awesome this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Building a PL ultimate team will be awesome this year.

Will be very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

gotthebug wrote: »
    Will be very expensive

Always is overpriced, this year will smash it out of the water I reckon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes. You'll need to provide a US address, and most of them will tax the game for an extra few Euro, but if you find an address in New Hampshire its tax free. As for switching locale back, yes, but I haven't seen a need to, so I've just stayed on US.

If you search the Titanfall thread on the Games forum, there are people who go into detailed instruction as to what to do.

How does it work? Do they have to keep your a/c on there?

Advertisement