Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a fire alarm for domestic house

Options
  • 06-06-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a fire panel for a domestic house with between 2 and four zones? It also needs an output to the intruder alarm panel.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

C - tec make nice basic fire alarm systems, but why a whole system for a house?

Just wondering why aren't you connecting fire detectors to your burglar alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Thats a good suggestion, I hadn't thought of working via the burglar alarm. Its a timber house so I'm keen that its got a proper fire alarm system.

Would using the burglar alarm instead of a fire panel, make any difference to insurance costs? e.g. would the recognise it as a 'proper' fire alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Actually they may not because Fire systems comply with various Fire regulations and standards, where as your intruder alarm system complies with security standards.

I am looking at it in a different light now as you mentioned 'Insurance company'

Just to add fire detectors connected to domestic alarm systems work just as well as detectors on Fire systems, it is just that Fire systems have to comply with standards specific to that sector.

Advertisement