Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Release date put back to November 21 according to GameStop on Facebook

Morto for 2k
    2K Announces New November Release Date for WWE® 2K15 on Next-Generation Consoles

New York, NY – September 16, 2014 – 2K today announced a new next-gen console release date for WWE® 2K15 of November 18, 2014 in North America and November 21, 2014 internationally for the PlayStation®4 Computer Entertainment System and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Releases for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 will launch as planned on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

“Visual Concepts and Yuke’s are committed to delivering the most authentic and action-packed WWE experience to date, including release for the very first time on next-generation consoles,” said Greg Thomas, President, Visual Concepts. “The additional development time enables our talented teams to ensure the WWE 2K15 next-gen experience fully meets our expectations.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I genuinely don't mind that this has been delayed. It can only be a good thing. I was thinking that information relating to the game was still very thin, considering it was originally due to launch next month.

If they still ship a broken, glitchy game after the delay though, that's when the real trouble will start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Personally, I'm glad it's been pushed back. Shipping a faulty game is very bad form, so if they can fix most of the issues between now and release, great. Also October is a very expensive month for me in terms of gaming, so I won't complain.

Inevitable, they were very quiet about it. Wrestling games for new Gen consoles always have problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Nooooooooooooo.... I was so excited for it! 2k14 I only played it twice despite buying it, as it generally such a horrible game to just pick up and play, same with a lot of the last instalments.Had very high hopes for this as a game I could just pick up like FIFA!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Inevitable, they were very quiet about it. Wrestling games for new Gen consoles always have problems.

This shows more than ever WWE should have given 2K Games the 18-24 months to build/make this game, 12 months between each WWE game is too short especially when they are making the leap to next gen for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Same day as the GTAV PS4/XB1 release. Think Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and something else are that week too, or near enough. Could really damage initial sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Game will probably still be riddled with glitches. It needed a push into February but it was never going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Penn wrote: »
    Same day as the GTAV PS4/XB1 release. Think Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and something else are that week too, or near enough. Could really damage initial sales.

If that is the case, they'd be stupid not to push it back until the week before Christmas and include some DLC on the disc as a compromise. Only the hardcore fans will buy if it comes out that week, and most of the kids (their target market) will be buying CoD earlier in the month and probably GTA that day. This could be a disaster.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I already have GTAV for the xbox360 and I am more tempted to buy GTAV for the Xbox One than WWE 2K15 at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Game release schedule for November:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (PS4, Vita, PC) - November 4
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - November 4
    Citizens of Earth (PS4, Wii U, Vita, 3DS, PC) - November 4
    Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue (Wii U, 3DS) - November 4
    MotoGP 14 (PS4, PS3, 360, Vita, PC) - November 4
    Assassin's Creed Rogue (Xbox 360, PS3) - November 11
    Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One, PS4, PC) - November 11
    The Crew (Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360) - November 11
    Digimon: All-Star Rumble (360, PS3) - November 11
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One) - November 11
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Vita, 3DS, PC) - November 11
    Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) - November 11
    Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms (PC) - November 13
    World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (PC) - November 13
    Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (3DS) - November 18
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - November 18
    Escape Dead Island (360, PS3, PC) - November 18
    Far Cry 4 (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC) - November 18
    LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4, PS3) - November 18
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (360, PS3) - November 18
    Project Cars (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - November 18
    Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) - November 18
    Watch Dogs (Wii U) - November 18
    WWE 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4) - November 18
    Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby (3DS) - November 21
    Penguins of Madagascar (Wii U, 3DS) - November 25
    Persona Q (3DS) - November 25

So in the 7 days before WWE 2K15 comes out, you have 2 Assassin's Creed games, The Crew, the Halo collection, Lego Batman, Far Cry 4, and a new Lord of the Rings game. And that list doesn't include GTAV which was announced a few days ago for November 18th. All of which are pretty much guaranteed to have huge sales.

Even pushing it back by one week puts it up solely against WiiU/3DS games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's a bummer. Was going to pick it up, but it's going to get pushed back a few months based on that list. Halo, AC, Far Cry, Dragon Age, Pokemon and GTA will all come before it :(

It'll still make its money with "Santa", but its gonna take a big hit.

qltZ1NT.png

I assume this is the NXT roster reveal.

rovert wrote: »
    qltZ1NT.png

I assume this is the NXT roster reveal.

Could easily be the "next gen" trailer they've all been filming too. It's definitely 2K15 one way or another.

Need something to bridge the game until FIFA 15 comes out as my FM14 file deleted itself and I've just finished the Last of Us. So I'm gonna get the GameCube out. After a few blasts of mario cart I'm gonna play the most fun games I've ever played which is Day Of Reckoning 1 and 2, the story modes were great fun and connected throughout both games!

First guy I'm gonna be is Kenzo Suzuki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Sirsok wrote: »
    Need something to bridge the game until FIFA 15 comes out as my FM14 file deleted itself and I've just finished the Last of Us. So I'm gonna get the GameCube out. After a few blasts of mario cart I'm gonna play the most fun games I've ever played which is Day Of Reckoning 1 and 2, the story modes were great fun and connected throughout both games!

First guy I'm gonna be is Kenzo Suzuki

those games were amazing. the only game with better gameplay than No Mercy. collision detection was a bit over the top but it led to great craic. Ten years ago this year they came out as far as I remember... Still play them whenever I have the Wii connected up.

They need to bring back the in-match physics that these games had.
    For anyone who hasn't played them.. a few of the things I remember being awesome...

in a fatal 4 way... being able to hit a running sweet chin music and knock out the other 3 guys at once if they were all huddled together. similarly, if you had one guy holding the other up for a suplex you could run at him as a third man and land a spear / sweet chin music and it'd break up the move realistically.

Some deadly ref bumps in it swell, like you could do an F5 or similar move and if the ref was too close to you he'd get hit by the guy as you spun him round, knocking him unconscious.

Story modes were indeed awesome as Sirsok said. you had to work your way up through developmental in the 2nd one if I remember correctly.. it also had some hilarious random jobbers to fight on the way up through the ranks

Played 3 games last night, roster is a bit thin but my god those matches were great. Had a few mates over and me and another played the best of 3. The guys that weren't playing are not wrestling fans but were glued to the matches as they were just so good!

First match was a hardcore angle v regal, that went on for ages, finishers galore, both stamina shot went about 20 minutes many near falls but he pulled it out of the bag with regal

Next was a hell in a cell with JBL v a caw, all the high spots you can imagine in a hiac match. JBL is just brutal and he kicke my ass but my caw pulled it outta the bag with a submission victory.

Next up wa Hogan v Flair in a tlc match, and that was just simply fantastic. I came out with the result to get the best of the three.

What an insanely fun games especially when you get a few playing it, can have epic 1 hour matches plus! Simply an amazing game that doesn't get enough praise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTmXBBj6PMQ

Safe to say im sold Day one buy for me and thats a massive thing for me last day one buy of a wwe game for me was on ps2

• Advertisement

That looks amazing. Photo realistic in parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is that it then ya?

WWE Network has a roster reveal after RAW tonight. is that the same as what aired on IGN a few weeks back?

HHH looks unreal in that. Great trailer, Wyatt's entrance looks class

Kid Rock in 2014 is solid choice for a WWE game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Damn it my sarcasm detector just exploded in my face!

That kid rock song got me pumped for the game! And I hate kid rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTmXBBj6PMQ

Safe to say im sold Day one buy for me and thats a massive thing for me last day one buy of a wwe game for me was on ps2

Loving the look of Triple H and Bray Wyatt. DB doesnt look as good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Just actually got watching it, am I the only one who noticed that there appeared to be virtually no lighting whatsoever?

Sure bright spotlights, etc but really everything looked like unlit flat shading.

*Awaits the Limp Bizkit trailer in anticipation

• Advertisement

it'd be awesome if Limp Bizkit did another Wrestlemania performance at some stage

Advertisement