Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE 2K15 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Come on, they're definitely screens from 2K14. The attires are the exact same and there is even screens from the 30 Years of wrestlemania mode in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/gaming/wwe-2k15-cover-john-cena-revealed-potential-15-world-title-mode.php
    The cover for WWE 2K15 has been revealed on Monday Night Raw.
    The superstar fronting the game will be the newly crowned WWE Champion John Cena, which is a smart choice when you consider Cena’s mainstream commercial appeal. The cover could also be an indication about the potential ‘story mode’ which will replace WWE 2K14′s ’30 Years Of WrestleMania’. Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio indicates that “it isn’t a coincidence” that Cena just won his 15th title and is fronting 2K15 – the idea is that the ’15′ number is significant. What we could possibly speculate is that 2K15 will feature a John Cena ’15 Championships’ mode in which players must battle through John’s storied career. That would be kind of cool and would certainly provide some fun scenarios for gamers.

Cena takes the cover from The Rock who was 2K14′s pictured star. There’s an obvious point to 2K and WWE’s thinking with these cover stars, lots of none wrestling fans buy the game, and they are more likely to know who Rock and Cena are. Someone like Bray Wyatt isn’t well known outside of WWE, John Cena in contrast has crossed over to general pop culture. Still, many WWE fans will see the Cena cover as disappointing, there is already some discord over the fact he has just won the WWE title yet again. As the old saying goes in the internet wrestling community, some fans have “Cena ’nuff”

Had high hopes for this game to really be something special, but the inclusion of this does not sound exciting in the slightest if this is one of main mode

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Hadn't thought of that. NBA 2k14 had a mode based on Lebron James' career so it's possible 2K Sports would want to do something similar with WWE. I was just expecting a "WWE Network" mode for all of the famous matches that did not fit in with the Attitude Era and 30 Years of Wrestlemania stuff from the previous two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PS4FORLOSERS

To be honest, I wouldnt fancy being John Cena and winning 15 WWE titles. that would bore me to death. On the other hand, Undertaker Streak mode anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's Showtime Folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

14w4npz.jpg

Actually looks like Sting to me too rather than the rumoured body doubles there was a casting call out for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not just Sting - but 2 generations of Sting! Looks like Crow Sting and Current Sting to me though from that teaser - No Surfer Sting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I guess Sting gets Ultimate Warrior treatment. Used as a pre-order bonus for a WWE Game, goes into Hall of Fame and appears the night after WrestleMania on RAW.

mxph3 wrote: »
    I guess Sting gets Ultimate Warrior treatment. Used as a pre-order bonus for a WWE Game, goes into Hall of Fame and appears the night after WrestleMania on RAW.

Hope he doesn't go Full Warrior and give a cryptic spooky speech, and then snuff it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

65rcd1.jpg2hozif9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hope he doesn't go Full Warrior and give a cryptic spooky speech, and then snuff it!!!

Why would you even say that

Why would you even say that

Just because...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

PIC

Blade Runners and Gold/Stardust need to be tag teams in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Considering they have everybody they'd need and they're always looking for new hooks every year they should do a WWE vs. WCW themed game next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Imagine a WWE game where the entire career mode is based around what the Invasion angle should have been.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i think a Monday Night Wars/Invasion would be a great type of season mode

They did it briefly in the 2012 game I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Paige and Rusev (Lana as a manager) will make it into the game as DLC.

Sony's list of game for it's Gamescom presentation was leaked yesterday. WWE2K15 was on the list, so it looks like we might be getting some game footage before Summerslam, albeit just a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Sony's list of game for it's Gamescom presentation was leaked yesterday. WWE2K15 was on the list, so it looks like we might be getting some game footage before Summerslam, albeit just a few days.
    woot! looking forward to this game quite a bit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Stuff I heard about the game has me pretty excited especially the models being done like NBA. No more monster faces.

BuDp0KTIQAI21Ru.jpg

:cool:

Few bits to gather from that

1. Ambrose's gear only changed two months ago and it's in and sorted.
    2. NXT Superstars maybe?
    3. Sami ****ing Zayn. Won't lump him in as generic NXT superstar inclusion, hes getting his own figure soon too. Hes a big deal.
    4. Adam Rose apparently being a base-game superstar. If they aren't relegating him to DLC, ANYONE could be feckin' DLC at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I am actually excited, past few games have been ****e, same monotonous game for years.... Hopefully this one will be different and with a massive plethora of things to do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

rovert wrote: »
    BuDp0KTIQAI21Ru.jpg

:cool:

That's a fake!

That's a fake!

It came from someone every close to NXT and subsequently WWE talent. I'd be shocked and dare I say it betrayed if it was a fake. YEST ADAM ROSE is in the game, RollieFingers. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Goddammit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great to have such an updated roster. Slightly worried that the graphics and gameplay seem no different than any other year!

Advertisement