Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE 2K15 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seeing as CM Punk is no longer working for WWE, 2K wouldn't have applied their facial scanning tech to him. Wonder what his in game model will end up looking like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Seeing as CM Punk is no longer working for WWE, 2K wouldn't have applied their facial scanning tech to him. Wonder what his in game model will end up looking like!

Unless of course, 2K went to him or vice versa.

I doubt they'd have a hard time with the facial modelling for him anyway.

Ya, true enough. Can't wait to see what the ring etc look like, seeing as they are applying the same motion capture / scanning tech to that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

His mapping could easily been done before he left, production on the new game started well before this day last year. Everyones face was done when they could make it in to do it. They didnt just get everyone in one weekend to get it sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Hope there's CM Punk Metal Gear Solid inspired stealth mini game where you have to pick up your bags and walk out the backdoor with no one noticing.

• Advertisement

Brilliant! When he dies, Vince over the intercom: Punk...Punk...Puuuuuunnnnnnkkkkkk!

Rivalry ends with CM Punk walking out and no longer being a playable character

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rivalry ends with CM Punk walking out and no longer being a playable character

A lockable character

Interview starts around the 7:20 mark

Greg Miller was IGN's wrestling guy for years. He used to do the wrestling game every year until he got promoted and its different people each year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I do like the idea of DLC storylines because it will give me a reason to play the game more often after the first few weeks of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

They really do like to release the tiniest amounts of nothing.

Heres the new trailer:

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/08/12/wwe2k15-cena-first-look-pt

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The trailer was poor. But this hands on sounds amazing!!

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

They really do like to release the tiniest amounts of nothing.

Heres the new trailer:

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/08/12/wwe2k15-cena-first-look-pt

It's like somebody put the stills in Windows Movie maker and just applied some zoom and pan effects.

Loughc wrote: »
    The trailer was poor. But this hands on sounds amazing!!

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on-ign-first

They does sound class. Ring rope height is something I've never thought about. I hope they've fixed the ring noise though, cos for the last few years, the impact of moves sounded like being slammed onto a really soft mattress! No meat behind punches either.

Another thing I'd like to see (hear) is superstars moaning, groaning and owwwwwwing after moves / during submissions. Haven't had this feature since WWF Attitude back on the PS1!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No longer being able to start a match with a running DDT and running around the ring to avoid opponents will certainly make this game more competitive online and against the AI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And tiring out the guys who run around the ring is great too.

Exactly. In fairness, the game engine is fine. It's the pacing of the entire games previously that were flawed.

Too much running, spamming moves like the running DDT as Loughc said - all very unrealistic, for what's supposed to be a wrestling Sim.

Slower gameplay, real weight behind punches / kicks etc - that's what is needed. - Leave the arcade gameplay to the likes of WWE Allstars.

In-game Goldust.

83Qg79.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Any rivalries any one wants to see in particular?
    Edge v cena,
    punk v cena,
    sting v flair,
    hart v michaels,
    HHH v foley ,
    taz v sabu,
    taker v foley,
    Jericho v michaels,
    angle v lesner ,
    dudleys v hardys v edge &christian
    Wcw & ECW v Wwe
    would all be ones I would enjoy playing through , some obviously not possible

Hart vs Michaels comes to mind...

Hart vs Austin would be smashing.

• Advertisement

The scanning tech they are using is awesome. Look at that Goldust model... WOW!

Gonna buy me a PS4 :)

Sirsok wrote: »
    Any rivalries any one wants to see in particular?
    Edge v cena,
    punk v cena,
    sting v flair,
    hart v michaels,
    HHH v foley ,

taz v sabu,
    taker v foley,
    Jericho v michaels,

angle v lesner ,
    dudleys v hardys v edge &christian
    Wcw & ECW v Wwe
    would all be ones I would enjoy playing through , some obviously not possible
    Out of those 11, 7 would be possible.

They don't seem to like Edge as much these days but they would be mad not to have him in the game. Depends on how many Cena feuds they want in it.

Jericho vs Michaels needs to happen.

Would be interesting to see if they do Sting vs Flair. Sting can be scanned no bother, but Flair has just melted in the last 8 years.

You can expect any rivalry featuring someone working for another company to be ignored.

Roster reveal is this Saturday. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more screens and a video or two.

Couple of mobile photos from the Gamescom floor popping up. Not really worth posting though because it just makes the game look blurry and bad. Floor demo features Cena, Cesaro, Orton and Cena Goldust!

Couple of mobile photos from the Gamescom floor popping up. Not really worth posting though because it just makes the game look blurry and bad. Floor demo features Cena, Cesaro, Orton and Cena.

Cena is so good he's on the demo twice :pac:

Cena is so good he's on the demo twice :pac:

:D:D:DBrilliant...

Couple of mobile photos from the Gamescom floor popping up. Not really worth posting though because it just makes the game look blurry and bad. Floor demo features Cena, Cesaro, Orton and Cena.

Ah go on... post a few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I hope the first thing they're working on for 2K16 is a new GM Mode. Just imagine a GM Mode done by 2K Sports, modelled after NBA 2K's franchise mode.

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ah go on... post a few!
    Incredibly blurry and unconfirmed for the most part.

8pvp7D.jpg
    85xz6e.png
    8ryUXk.png
    7HrMAV.png
    5UJHAL.png

Blurry and all as they are, they look class!

Looks as though the crowd has gotten a re-vamp too!

Thank you MitchKoobski!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A grown man in a Cena shirt in the crowd? Wrestling sim my arse! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That looks incredible! Orton is photo realistic in his entrance. The grapple system looks cool. And the re-sized ring - amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

holy crap! :eek:

the game looks photorealistic!

Lighting is perfect, Ring actually looks like a standard ring.

Grappling looks excellent aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

amazing....

Holy ****! That looks really good! I'm really getting high hopes for this game. Crowd look better but still look rediciously over hyped for a Orton Raw match!

Now I'm off to change my pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Textures look great but it looks the same old animations under it all. Nice touch the way the crowd stands up to react to when Cesaro is near the barrier, was in the the previous game?

Still the same ****ty collision detection when you punch a guy who is half way to standing up.

And what's with the repeated Irish whip and pulling him back move?

Within first 5 seconds Orton does a trademark powerslam. I thought this was ironed out? :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Gamestop have the collectors edition available for preorder. Anyone know what price its gonna be?

That is one BIG character select screen

Hopefully there'll be a good range of wrestlers to select. I'd rather see more nXt guys than legends!

I'd rather see more nXt guys than legends!

Never going to happen, bar a few safe bets perhaps (KENTA, Devitt, Adrian). There is nothing to say any NXT talent is never going to get called up. There's no money in that. Being able to play as Vader, Ted Dibiase, Bret Hart and the likes, there's value in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Roster revealed today, any one else hoping for some obscure decision to be made, would love to see papa shango in the game, as I would sid, would be nice to have the hart foundation in one of rival modes v bulldogs.

If they have Hart v Austin they surely would have to include the newer Hart Foundation (depending on Martha allowing Owens inclusion)

Hogan v Sting looks like it will be included judging by the cove art.

Any word if Glodberg would be included? Wasn't he in the last game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What time for roster revel?

mxph3 wrote: »
    What time for roster revel?

6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

6pm

I thought it was 9pm?

th?id=HN.608011406217777081&pid=15.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Sirsok wrote: »
    Roster revealed today, any one else hoping for some obscure decision to be made, would love to see papa shango in the game, as I would sid, would be nice to have the hart foundation in one of rival modes v bulldogs.

If they have Hart v Austin they surely would have to include the newer Hart Foundation (depending on Martha allowing Owens inclusion)

Hogan v Sting looks like it will be included judging by the cove art.

Already confirmed that the 2 rivalries are HHH/HBK and Cena/Punk

• Advertisement
Advertisement