Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences with saps on holidays

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yeah this brunette sap kept sunbathing topless by the pool. I couldn't concentrate on the soccer on the bar tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

YFlyer wrote: »
    Did they say a prayer for you? :D

No one burst into flames so I presume not. :cool:
    They asked me if I would like to join in- didn't even make an effort to hide my distain for what they were doing. Others who weren't with the group thought it was lovely, not enough to switch seats but still lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I'm guessing your mixed race or non white.Have you experienced racism?Is that why you don't like "pasty" Irish people?

Hes not really foreign Y,know.Hes only pretending, to appear more sophisticated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It's a shame some of pilgrims on here aspiring to be accepted into stratosphere of the Irish social elite haven't quite made enough money to escape the pain of having to holiday with the people they so sneeringly look down upon.

Hard lines. Hope you choke on your cous cous and kale salads you miserable clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I am pie wrote: »
    It's a shame some of pilgrims on here aspiring to be accepted into stratosphere of the Irish social elite haven't quite made enough money to escape the pain of having to holiday with the people they so sneeringly look down upon.

Hard lines. Hope you choke on your cous cous and kale salads you miserable clowns.

Fuppin hell.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TheGlass wrote: »
    Yeah anyone that feels the need to bring flegs with them on holiday should generally be avoided
    FYP :pac:
    Riamfada wrote: »
    When I was a kid we used to go to a complex in Spain. The complex had two towers and one was for northies and the other for free staters.They were purposefully segregated because of the amount of Irish there. There were Union Jacks and Red Hand flags hanging off one and tricolours off the others.

Meanwhile the Germans had theirs all over the sunbeds.
    I know someone who when aboard found something similar happened, but the english would come to the Irish bar, as all the craic would be in the Irish bar :D
    pundy wrote: »
    Santa ponsa in majorca. i love spain, but this place is HORRIBLE. it's horrible because it's full of pasty culchies from ireland. The english/german orientated resorts happen to be much nicer and better vibes, better people.
    Was in Majorca once with the family, in the North East section. All families, and no muppets at all.
    [/B]

Get out of here ya clown! Does this go for all Sports Tops or just football jerseys?
    I found the sports tops to be great when in Amsterdam! Could avoid any coffee shop which had a large congregation of them. Later in the night, most of said clowns were drunk. Strong alcohol + very strong weed can lead to frayed nerves, but luckily myself and my friends were only in coffee shops when it got late.

FYI; bar sold drink + some weed, coffee shop sold lots of weed, but only some drink. Thus the yobs tended to stay clear of most of the coffee shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Yakuza wrote: »
    In 2000, on a leg from Singapore to Sydney, about 20 Kuwaitis got on (approx 10 kids, 7 blokes and 3 women). When I saw the Qantas air hostesses (who must be a fairly seasoned at dealing with asshole passengers) roll their eyes when they came through the air bridge, I got a bad feeling and boy, I wasn't disappointed. Apart from take-off and landing, the kids were running riot for pretty much the whole flight (all 9 hours of it (felt like 19)). Running up and down the aisles, bouncing on the seats, screaming and shouting. It was before I had kids myself, so I was utterly intolerant of them. (I may have mellowed somewhat regarding kids in general :)). The adults (presumably some of the kids' parents were among them) made exactly zero attempt to remonstrate with them, or to restrain/curtail their behaviour. I think they were actually proud of the shennanigans they got up to. I only know they were Kuwaiti as I overheard one of the stewardesses say something "faakin Kuwaitis" to a colleague as I passed them on the way to the bog. Whereever they were from, they were a spoiled bunch of brats. They'd be all in their 20s now, I wonder if they're any better behaved.

Wow, that's almost identical to what I came on to groan about!

On a flight from Phuket to Bangkok (only an hour) last Christmas seemed like an endless test of hellish endurance as about 15 wild Kuwaiti kids cluttered about, kicking chairs, spilling drinks, screaming and generally being the devil's spawn ran about making everyone's life hell while the three accompanying adults (parents and an aunt was my guess) made zero attempt to stifle any of it and even contributed with loud, ignorant shouting of their own with zero regard for anyone else.

I have kids myself and would never allow any of them to act like this, it was insane and the entire crew and passengers seemed genuinely shocked at just how badly-raised these kids were. you could tell the adults felt somewhat embarrassed by the frosty reception by all around, but i was shocked to see them make no attempt to stop it, other than throw iPads and soft drinks at the little demons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    *claps when plane lands* That was a good landing, wasn't it??

Ages since I was on a flight when the pilot got the clap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

[/B]
    Get out of here ya clown! Does this go for all Sports Tops or just football jerseys?

All sports tops. Clearly. How would this even be something you'd need to question?

Oh I was on a flight to Birmingham a while back with a drunken stag crew. They were all roaring and screaming and hassling the stewardess the whole way over. So she rang ahead and had the police arrest them when we landed. It was HILARIOUS watching them all STFU when it dawned on them that they were now heading to the slammer.

G'wan Ryanair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TheGlass wrote: »
    Yeah anyone that feels the need to bring flags with them on holiday should generally be avoided

1,000,000% yes. GAA jerseys abroad is another I avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ages since I was on a flight when the pilot got the clap.
    Yeah, since 9/11 the slappers can't sit on the captains cockpit so easily...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

All sports tops. Clearly. How would this even be something you'd need to question?

Oh I was on a flight to Birmingham a while back with a drunken stag crew. They were all roaring and screaming and hassling the stewardess the whole way over. So she rang ahead and had the police arrest them when we landed. It was HILARIOUS watching them all STFU when it dawned on them that they were now heading to the slammer.

G'wan Ryanair!

How does wearing a sports top make you behave any differently?

The "theory" has been mentioned a couple of times and popped up plenty of times on Boards. Yet nobody is willing to explain it. If it's so clear perhaps you'd like to give it a go?

Fine - you don't like them but it's nothing to do with you what anyone else chooses to wear and sounds like you're looking down your nose. Ideal beachwear I would have thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In Spain for a week and what was presumably a nordie GAA shirt wearing stag party arrived. Roaring and shouting till all hours of the night. Then they started to sing. Among their repertoire was (I kid you not) the hymn 'Be not afraid'. They knew all the words. Maybe they were altar boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wow....some serious Nordie hate on here.

Glad i never met any other group of people from England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland who acted the maggot on holidays!!

Seriously though, if you go on holidays to wear an Ireland jersey, while drinking in an Irish bar, talking about how great Ireland is, then....stay at fcuking home!!

I wouldn't go on a package holidays nowadays if you paid me. Fly to Italy or France, nice little apartment or house in a beautiful village and the food, scenery and people will leave you in great form. I went to the Italian Riveria a few years back and heard one person speaking English in the 2 weeks i was there. Also i found a little village called Apricale and to me it was the prettiest place i've ever been in my life...(no soccer tops to be seen anywhere!!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/14448041@N04/2682104244/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

mfceiling wrote: »
    I went to the Italian Riveria a few years back and heard one person speaking English in the 2 weeks i was there. Also i found a little village called Apricale and to me it was the prettiest place i've ever been in my life...(no soccer tops to be seen anywhere!!)

I remember being in Italy in June 2006 and there were soccer tops everywhere! You just went at the wrong time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Santa ponsa in majorca. i love spain, but this place is HORRIBLE. it's horrible because it's full of pasty culchies from ireland.
    im not a culchie, and im only half irish. im far from pasty.

Absolutely racist. Not that I'm offended but white people couldn't say the same about black or mixed race people without being branded racist themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Collie D wrote: »
    How does wearing a sports top make you behave any differently?

The "theory" has been mentioned a couple of times and popped up plenty of times on Boards. Yet nobody is willing to explain it. If it's so clear perhaps you'd like to give it a go?

Fine - you don't like them but it's nothing to do with you what anyone else chooses to wear and sounds like you're looking down your nose. Ideal beachwear I would have thought.

Yeah i don't get this either, Maybe it's just me but give me a baggy jersey on a hot day over anything else. so comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dolgirl

I think I was in the same hotel in Florida as the op a good few years ago. The world cup was on and there were loads of English families staying in the hotel. Most of the men were in the bar all day and the ladies took turns at the pool minding all the kids. it was a nightmare, the kids thought nothing of taking other children's pool toys, mothers kept bringing in glass bottles of booze to pool area after being repeatedly told by pool staff it was not allowed. But what really took the biscuit was when one of the mums picked up her child, took off his togs allowed him to pee on the ground beside us!! We spent a long time saving up for our family holiday and they acted like they owned the place. If I got a free holiday to this hotel I would never go back there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Worst was flying home from JFK 1999. I was sat beside my little brother and an American man the other side of him. Any bit of talking we did he kept on tutting at my little bro. Was by far the narkiest person Ive ever encountered and as it was a long enough flight it made it very uncomfortable. He obviously hated kids and my bro was 10 and really well behaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Riamfada wrote: »
    When I was a kid we used to go to a complex in Spain. The complex had two towers and one was for northies and the other for free staters.They were purposefully segregated because of the amount of Irish there. There were Union Jacks and Red Hand flags hanging off one and tricolours off the others.

Meanwhile the Germans had theirs all over the sunbeds.

Holey shipt, I spent two drunken weeks there in 1984, ah the mammories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

[/B]

Polos are acceptable. Nothing wrong with wearing a Dundalk FC polo by the pool in Portugal for example. Replica tops on over 12s equals sappery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Santa ponsa in majorca. i love spain, but this place is HORRIBLE. it's horrible because it's full of pasty culchies from ireland. The english/german orientated resorts happen to be much nicer and better vibes, better people.

People from Ireland? NOOOOO!!!!!

Better people? Wtf? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Went to Alcudia, Majorca 2 years ago. Was greated by Union Jacks draping the balconies, immediately felt ill at ease. Turns out the feeling was warranted as the place was full of scum.

It was all-inclusive and many, many people drank from shutters-up to shutters-down (10.30am-11pm). It was all families, so you had kids running amok almost all day. There were fights at the pool between drunken idiots daily before 5pm.

Even the kids were horrible. My son is a really out-going lad who makes friends easily, but the kids just gave him filthy looks and ignored him (thankfully we found lovely people during the evenings in a quieter area whose kids were just as nice).

We stayed a week, it felt like forever. Horrible, horrible place with a constant undercurrent of violence. Pity really as the facilities were amazing.

Yeah this brunette sap kept sunbathing topless by the pool. I couldn't concentrate on the soccer on the bar tv.

Sorry about that. Hope my inverted nipple didn't freak you out too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

A package holiday would be my worst nightmare.

I'd love to go just to have a gawk at people and their carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Post of the month.

I'd love to go just to have a gawk at people and their carry on.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

I don't know why people go on certain types of holidays when they know what they are like. I know people who go to the same Spanish resort every year and every year complain about the crowds of yobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Pugsly wrote: »
    I don't know why people go on certain types of holidays when they know what they are like. I know people who go to the same Spanish resort every year and every year complain about the crowds of yobs.

It's insane to keep going back to the same place whilst expecting a different outcome.

We persevered last year and ended up with an amazing package holiday. It's not my first choice, but with one really outgoing, high energy child, they're brilliant. He makes friends, we get to chill out and we all end up enjoying it.

Where we went last year was really only for families, and families who don't value drink above their kids, and that's us. As he gets older, we'll adjust our destination. Problems arise when people don't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

What the fcuk is it with this ****e of ' I was on a flight from DUB to LHR' or whatever?

Speak fcucking English or piss off to the aviation thread!

• Advertisement

Kevwoody wrote: »
    What the fcuk is it with this ****e of ' I was on a flight from DUB to LHR' or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Kevwoody wrote: »

Do you really not understand, the codes for two of the largest, most travelled between airports on the Islands of Britain and Ireland are?

keith16 wrote: »
    Do you really not understand, the codes for two of the largest, most travelled between airports on the Islands of Britain and Ireland are?

But why not just use the actual names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Tarzana wrote: »
    But why not just use the actual names?

Airwonkery.

I was on my hols this week, there were a few yobs on the flight. Happily, none invaded our space or annoyed us in any way at all as we didn't book a kip of a hotel and they did. Life lesson to be learnt = if it's cheap, it probably won't be cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Was in Majorca once and there were a gang from Dublin somewhere. On our way home we got collected from hotel at 5am. This gang had obviously sat up all night boozing and were in a bad way getting the bus to the airport. They could not manage to get their bags out of the coach they were so drunk. Thing is they were all in their late 40's. Seriously needed to cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

What the fcuk is it with this ****e of ' Who's a moaning Micheal' video posting video posts?

Post the f**king video the proper way up or p*ss off to the wonky video posting thread!

:)

keith16 wrote: »

Of course I know what they are, but unless your a pilot or something, just use the full name!

ArtyM wrote: »
    What the fcuk is it with this ****e of ' Who's a moaning Micheal' video posting video posts?

Post the f**king video the proper way up or p*ss off to the wonky video posting thread!

:)

I see what you did there.

Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

joe stodge wrote: »
    Experiences with saps on holidays

I hate the words SAPs & SPAs . . .

Both meaningless Dublin slang insults with dubious origins :cool:

Sap = simpleton.
    Spa = spastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

LordSutch wrote: »
    I hate the words SAPs & SPAs . . .

Both meaningless Dublin slang insults with dubious origins :cool:

Sap = simpleton.
    Spa = spastic.
    No need to spaz out over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

True, just sayin like . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

BBJBIG wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Many cünts should have been Aborted at Birth and their Liver gone to somebody else.
    Pure scumbags. And, their children will turn out to be the same kind of animal too.
    Durty Bloody Bowzies ... and inbred tramps.
    Surely they should have been aborted *before* birth?

I'm happy to be a very pale, lower-quality Irish person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Magaggie wrote: »
    I'm happy to be a very pale, lower-quality Irish person.

Tremble in fear,yet gaze in amazement at his superior levels of melanin

bear1 wrote: »
    Fuppin hell.....
    I was thinking that too... about the posts that prompted it.

What's all the hate for the nordie accent about? I think it's fecking great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

joe stodge wrote: »
    On the flight over they thought nothing of it to let their children to play chasing up the aisles of the plane while they got blitzed drunk and very loud, at one point they started opening bottles they had bought in the duty free because the stewardess had refused to give them anymore alcohol. The captain had to announce over the the PA that doing so was a criminal offense and passengers had to be responsible for their children.

The stewerdesses have only themselves to blame for giving alcohol to the children in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

On a flight to France I was surrounded by a group of very loud and very annoying young American girls - kind of like the spring break type. The accent alone was excruciating. Thanks be the jasus it was France I was going to and not Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    On a flight to France I was surrounded by a group of very loud and very annoying young American girls - kind of like the spring break type. The accent alone was excruciating. Thanks be the jasus it was France I was going to and not Australia.

How young like the high school kind or the college kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Perv...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

They looked like they were in high school. They weren't like the 30 somethings that you see playing teens in the movies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement