Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Issue

Options
  • 06-06-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hello,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]my name is Heron, I'm a new tenant and new customer of your service.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I've been trying contact you and I think this is the last one. I hope it's works![/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I've paid the last bill, in the name of <name snip>, but she don't live[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]in Ireland anymore, and I think she closed her bank account and maybe for[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]this reason you are charging €300 more in this month bill.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]So, how can I solve this problem?[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Could I change the bill name and the account bank for my ones and don't pay[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]this €300?[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]the invoice number is: <number snip>[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]the date of issue is: 28/05/2014[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]thanks a mil[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Heron,

Have you set up an account with Electric Ireland in your own name?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 heroncl

No, that's what I asking for! If I do that, I still gonna need pay the 300??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Heron,

At the moment you are not yet an Electric Ireland customer because the electricity is not in your name, and the person who moved out is still liable for bills.
    So if you open an account with us as soon as possible, this will ensure the bills from then on will be sent to yourself, and billing will end for the person who moved out. Just one final bill will be sent in their name once you set up your account.
    To open an account with us, you would need to provide the meter point reference number (MPRN) for electricity and/or the GPRN for gas. This info would be on a bill. You would also need to take a meter reading, and you would be billed for usage from the point of that reading onwards.
    The €300 security deposit is automatically applied to the account of new customers and is refunded after a minimum of 14 months.
    But there is an alternative to the security deposit, and this is payment by direct debit (for a minimum of 14 months). If you register for this, you will not be required to pay the security deposit. Setting up direct debit also entitles the customer to a discount.

Do let us know how we can assist you further.

We can take Electric Ireland account details by private message here on Boards, but not bank account details. If you are setting up direct debit, you would need to telephone our Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement