Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safekeeping phase-out

Options
  • 06-06-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all
    I was wondering if i could get a copy of the letter sent regarding the winding up of safekeeping facilities at the branches, my mother has lost her letter, do we have 30 days to come and pick up items etc..?
    Hoping you can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Carolmuz,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

The 30 day period to collect the items start from the date on the letter. Please let us know what branch your mother would be with and we will look into whether the letter can be resent.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carolmuz

Carolmuz wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was wondering if i could get a copy of the letter sent regarding the winding up of safekeeping facilities at the branches, my mother has lost her letter, do we have 30 days to come and pick up items etc..?
    Hoping you can help.

Hi sarah
    would you happen to have even the generic letter i could take a look at the body of what it said. Much easier than fishing out the actual letter to my mother. Much appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Carolmuz,

Thanks for your post. 

Your mother's branch will be happy to give her another copy of this letter if she needs it. Just to mention, she will need to remove the items from safe keeping the next time she accesses the items. 

While we would not have this letter at hand, please note that when collecting the items your mother will need to bring the Safe Custody Receipt with her and a form of Photo ID such as a driving license or passport. If the items were lodged in joint names, all those named must be present to withdraw the items. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carolmuz

Hi Sarah
    My mother is quite old and does not drive would there be any other alternative process in place in order to return the items to her if she is unable to make it to the branch over that 30 day period?

Thanks,
    Carol
    Hi Carolmuz,

Thanks for your post. 

Your mother's branch will be happy to give her another copy of this letter if she needs it. Just to mention, she will need to remove the items from safe keeping the next time she accesses the items. 

While we would not have this letter at hand, please note that when collecting the items your mother will need to bring the Safe Custody Receipt with her and a form of Photo ID such as a driving license or passport. If the items were lodged in joint names, all those named must be present to withdraw the items. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Carolmuz,

Thanks for your post.

Your mother’s safe keeping will be held at the branch until she can next attend the branch.

If you would like to send a PM with the branch name and a phone number for yourself; we can request a call back from them to see if there are any alternative options available.

Thanks

Janette

• Advertisement
Advertisement