Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell xps l502x install problems

• 06-06-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

bought a secondhand dell xps i5 l502x and the hdd died after 2 months,ive replaced the hdd and bought a copy of windows 7 off ebay to use with my product key,
    my problem is my product key is not being recognised and i dont think my drivers are working right as i didnt have the drivers cd and i had to download them,the laptop is working but i dont seem to have all the features i had before the hdd died,
    it has a windows 7 home premium 64 bit product key,it says dell oem on it,
    am i right in saying i need a dell installation cd to use with the product key,
    its a big ask but would anyone have one of these and/or the dell drivers cd for this laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Have you installed the downloaded drivers ?

What do you see in device manager ? Are there any unknown devices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lt.cmdr. data

i done another install of windows and this time the product key worked,im in the process of trying to install the drivers in the right order,
    i think thats where i went wrong the last time,leave it with me for now and i'll see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lt.cmdr. data

have it sorted now,just needed to install the drivers in the right order,only thing i cant get working is the webcam,seems to be a common fault with them

Advertisement