Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain name appraisel

Options
  • 06-06-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for a little advice.

I have a website called dentalwhite.ie and I would like to sell it. I am not sure as to the value of it or what value I should put on it.
    Dental white is a brand name of DR Georges dental white and I have their permission to use the domain name from them.
    The domain is 6 years old and has made a modest income. I am selling it with a supplier in the UK who will dropship the product to Ireland.
    Any ideas on what I should ask for an asking price, also where to sell it , appreiate it and look forward to some positive or realistic replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Can you not take the yearly profit and times it by a fair multiplier (3?) to get a sale price ?

Meaning the buyer could expect to see a return on investment after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭howlingcat

Thanks Smoggy, I would but I have let the ball drop and have done no SEO or anything with the site in the last 12 -18 months ut thanks for your reply, I aprreciate it

Maybe that's your motivator. Are we saying that due lack of site attention the turnover has dropped? Then isn't it a case of spending the time getting the site back to where it was and thn sell it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Youd be better developing the site into something that would suit a dentists and just try sell it to a dentist.

How much realistically do you think its worth?

Would a dentist want the site ? The whole premise of the site I would have thought is undercutting dentists for the same product.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I really can't see there's much value in it to be honest.

The domain name appears to be useful only with the permission of the brand owner.
    There's very little traffic to the site.
    There's no stock.
    The design of the site is looking a bit dated.

If I was looking to get into the Irish mail order Tooth Whitening Toothpaste market, what advantage would buying your site offer me over starting whiterteeth.ie with drop shipping arranged directly from the UK supplier?

You might be lucky and find someone that'll be interested but I'd be surprised if you got anything even approaching 3 x annual profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I take it your selling the business and not just the domain name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

You cant sell a .ie domain name in Ireland. You can only sell the business that includes the domain name

Advertisement