Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Still leading

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

He is going well, fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

The poor Yank who kept up with Enduro for the first few hours is regretting that now.

Our lad is going great guns. The English lads must hate his guts. Didn't he win the big 'Spine' race earlier this year?

Itziger wrote: »
    The poor Yank who kept up with Enduro for the first few hours is regretting that now.

Our lad is going great guns. The English lads must hate his guts. Didn't he win the big 'Spine' race earlier this year?

Yep, won it well.

Its a big lead he has now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Looks to be at least 2 hours ahead of second place. Not much in a race of this length.

Wouldn't be surprised if Enduro goes non-stop. It's 190 miles and he's done about half of that.

To be fair to the American, Enduro himself had him down as someone who would do well. He raced with Enduro as a team mate in Primal Quest South Dakota and ran with him for a fair bit Tor De Geant last year.

Looks like he'll be hitting the Moors tonight.

• Advertisement

Does that lad ever stop??? Stretching the lead now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

He's running away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Savage going, saw a video earlier and he's looking very fresh. A legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

I don't think he'll make the lion Inn for closing. Stayed there a few years ago, A fine establishment

Heading into the final stages and he's still running :eek: He's a machine

• Advertisement

Looks like he has less than 5km to go with 6 hour lead. Said to be moving slow but sure might as well enjoy the weather and views.

Great battle for second place. Three runners with in contention.

Enduro has won it. 190 miles across tough terrain in 51 hours, 37 minutes.

Looks to be at least 5 hours ahead of second place. Mad impressive.

Great going man. Congratulations.

Report could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Fantastic stuff Enduro. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Well done Enduro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Well done Eoin. Different class!

Phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal. Well done Enduro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Congratulations enduro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks all... arriving back to real life now. I'll do up a race report on my blog. Super event. Really nice route, and a very well organised race.

I have to post this , even if it is blowing my own trumpet. Great photo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Enduro wrote: »

Well done. That looks like absolute bliss, probably felt a bit different though:pac:

Actually at that point in the race it was still lovely and blissful... just after leaving the first aid station, with the sun starting to set on a glorious day in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. Magic! Later on though...

Some view behind you

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Well done Eoin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Some more pics of Eoin here and a good interview
    http://www.redbull.com/ie/en/adventure/stories/1331798202322/eoin-keith-wins-northern-traverse

You're smiling in every photo .... I think you're having way too much fun :p

P.S. I'm planning on sleeping for a week after ITERA and you're off to do UTMB!!!!!

Nice little article on why running long distances is THE apex sport for humans here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Nice little article on why running long distances is THE apex sport for humans here

We may be better than other species at long distance running, but it's a fairly useless skill to have if a tiger decides it wants you for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,200 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Humans aren't close to some other animals when we speak about distance running in terms of physiology. A horse with a human brain would wipe any man out over almost any distance. Horses cover 4 miles with a man on their back jumping 30 fences in under 9 minutes.....

walshb wrote: »
    Humans aren't close to some other animals when we speak about distance running in terms of physiology. A horse with a human brain would wipe any man out over almost any distance. Horses cover 4 miles with a man on their back jumping 30 fences in under 9 minutes.....

But the horse will over heat eventually?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

walshb wrote: »

Good job the brain is physiological so...

Advertisement