Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

jamule wrote: »
    Is that a kick or a sprint kick

I'd say a donkey

Yep I've seen plenty of donkeys with a savage kick alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'm simply saying that being best of a bad lot at this one area is nothing to be shouting about.

You're actually arguing that the standard of ultra running in the animal kingdom is low, aren't you?

Youre right: it's laughable to compare it to sprinting and middle distance in the wild: the standard there is so high that a lion barely makes the top 8. The kangaroo and, disappointingly, the tiger wouldn't even get out of their heat FFS!

Why would you run 100km to catch a common newt when you could be sinking your teeth into a zebra's ass in under 10 seconds? No wonder there is no depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Laverdo Ultra starts later today, 119km around the Dolomites. http://www.ultratrail.it/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And the Belfast 24 hrs, which is also the Irish National Championship, will be starting tomorrow at 12 o'clock - with plenty of boardsies amongst the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

And the Belfast 24 hrs, which is also the Irish National Championship, will be starting tomorrow at 12 o'clock - with plenty of boardsies amongst the field.

See you there. Good luck to all the boardsies. Seems there'll be quite a few alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best of luck to all the boardsies running in Belfast tomorrow. Is there a tracker or live feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

chickey2 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all the boardsies running in Belfast tomorrow. Is there a tracker or live feed?

No tracker or live feed I'm aware of.

Twitter
    @ni running

@energia24
    Ed releases some video updates on the media section throughout the day (and night and day again)

and possibly on championchip ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And maybe he'll post something on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Energia-24-349324491757334/

But keeping social media up to date is clearly not their highest priority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Maybe some of the crews or relay participants will be able to post some periodic updates here as time allows. I'll mention it to the ones I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Best of luck to all competing. Rather you guys than me. :) Pity they scheduled it the same weekend as Nationals. It will probably be a bit overshadowed in athletics circles as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The tracker for the Laverdo Ultra doesn't seem to work very well but it looks like Djoucer has gone through the final control somewhere in the top 200. Himself, Barry Murray and Brian Mullins running well and within a handful of positions of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Best of luck to all competing. Rather you guys than me. :) Pity they scheduled it the same weekend as Nationals. It will probably be a bit overshadowed in athletics circles as a result.

The scheduling doesn't matter because there is no cross over athletes and ultra Runners do it out of love for the sport rather than out of need for validation or recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

WOW is all I can say , amazing running.

ultrapercy wrote: »
    The scheduling doesn't matter because there is no cross over athletes and ultra Runners do it out of love for the sport rather than out of need for validation or recognition.

Yeh you're right, nobody in Santry today love what they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

That's why I don't ultra run. I really need the validation and recognition derived from 5k/5m/10k/10m/HM/Marathon.

There hasn't been an update in a few hourse but very impressed with the first 9 hours - Ed Mc, Ososlo, Thomas Bubendorfer, Killerz, Mrs Killerz, FBOT and some Cru clubmates all looking strong in any pics/results I've seen. Long way to go of course. Looks like a brilliant event.

Yeh you're right, nobody in Santry today love what they do!

Why do they do it so ? Seems like such a waste of time to me and obviously my opinion is the only opinion that matters.

davedanon wrote: »
    That's why I don't ultra run. I really need the validation and recognition derived from 5k/5m/10k/10m/HM/Marathon.

Whatever gets you true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Whatever gets you true.

poetic licence, or did you mean 'through'?

• Advertisement

Why do they do it so ? Seems like such a waste of time to me and obviously my opinion is the only opinion that matters.

No idea what your rant is all about to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Never mind the sniping... Look at these runners and what they are doing, amazing. Absolute respect for all of them.

Big move from killerz overnight, it looks like.

annapr wrote: »
    Never mind the sniping... Look at these runners and what they are doing, amazing. Absolute respect for all of them.

Couldn't agree more , have huge respect for those athletes, I can't understand how any runner couldn't respect their amazing endurance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fair play to all out there. Used to think this seemed awesome, now I can't even imagine why anyone would want to do it.
    Nearly there now folks.

Ososlo about to hit 100 miles at just after 11am. Ed Mc, TFB and Killerz all consolidating their positions. Wonder what the last hour must feel like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Murph_D wrote: »
    Ososlo about to hit 100 miles at just after 11am. Ed Mc, TFB and Killerz all consolidating their positions. Wonder what the last hour must feel like.

Hope they've saved something for a kick. :D

Murph_D wrote: »

Mixed emotions for the last hour mentally I'd imagine, I'm delighted for ososlo hope we get a race report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

The Muppet wrote: »
    Mixed emotions for the last hour mentally I'd imagine, I'm delighted for ososlo hope we get a race report.

You'll certainly get one from Enduro anyway - great going by all boardsies.

Advertisement