Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date - something to do in Wexford/Enniscorthy direction?

Options
  • 06-06-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

I have a date this weekend. Not from this part of the country so looking for suggestions.

It's supposed to be bad weather so looking for something to do indoors? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Xcellor wrote: »
    I have a date this weekend. Not from this part of the country so looking for suggestions.

It's supposed to be bad weather so looking for something to do indoors? Any suggestions?
    Maybe a meal in Wexford? Cistin eile in wex is very good,
    excellent food and not too posh... the 8/9 hour slow cooked Beef is fantastic! then maybe up to loch and quay for a pint???
    Enniscorthy is a sh1t hole.... do not bring your date there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

barney 20v wrote: »
    excellent food and not too posh... the 8/9 hour slow cooked Beef is fantastic! then maybe up to loch and quay for a pint???

Yeah she is from enniscorthy heh I'm coming from the Midlands was looking for something in between but if wexford is best bet then I'll check this out. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BeatlesFan1992

Good luck!! Keep us all updated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

barney 20v wrote: »

That's a bit unfair....:(

Very good Italian on Weafer St http://www.viaveneto.ie/

Monart do dinner also http://www.monart.ie/

hard not to be impressed by either TBF.

I know that Wexford town is bigger and therefore has more choice, but please don't slate Enniscorthy completely.

OP - your date might prefer sth a little further afield - Kilkenny is closer to home for you, and is a good spot - might be worth considering....

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

blindsider wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair....:(

Very good Italian on Weafer St http://www.viaveneto.ie/

Monart do dinner also http://www.monart.ie/

hard not to be impressed by either TBF.

I know that Wexford town is bigger and therefore has more choice, but please don't slate Enniscorthy completely.

OP - your date might prefer sth a little further afield - Kilkenny is closer to home for you, and is a good spot - might be worth considering....

I stand by my opinion, if the op for value for money and a good nite out Wexford wins hands down .
    That Italian is overpriced IMO and monart is prob a bit OTT for a first date?

And Enniscorthy is a sh1te hole .
    It's reputation tarnished by it's association with one group in particular.
    Common knowledge the length and breadth of this Island .
    To say otherwise is a lie.

Ps best of luck op

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions. I spoke with her today and we she has a couple of suggestions so I will let her choose, if there is a second date ill impress her with my "knowledge" of the local area. First date with a new girl in 10 years...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Xcellor wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I spoke with her today and we she has a couple of suggestions so I will let her choose, if there is a second date ill impress her with my "knowledge" of the local area. First date with a new girl in 10 years...!

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Car park on Vinegar Hill - popular with young lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Car park on Vinegar Hill - popular with young lovers.

Is it still park & ride? :pac:

OK just to update the thread. The date went really well had a lot of fun with her and ended up staying hours. We went walking up some hills with windmills. We settled for Bunclody since that was close to her and closer for me.

Had a nice lunch in the hotel there :)

Thanks for all suggestions, date 2 is in hte midlands but date three will check out some of these suggestions.

Park and ride lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement