Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Tullamore can I buy a telescope?

Options
  • 06-06-2014 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently had a big interest in astronomy and I was thinking of buying a telescope and I was wondering where in Tullamore do they sell them and what is the best place to buy one?

Thanks for your help.

kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Have you tried Argos, they have a selection of telescopes at various prices

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Have you tried the mailing or getting in contact with Midlands Astronomy Club, They have a website and are also on Facebook. They will be able to give you good information about telescopes.
    Can't post links put they are easy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Have you tried the mailing or getting in contact with Midlands Astronomy Club, They have a website and are also on Facebook. They will be able to give you good information about telescopes.
    Can't post links put they are easy to find

Think that guy is on Boards, in the astronomy section. And AFAIK he's from Tullamore. That club is very good and regularly hold meet ups and info nights. Try giving him a call, I'm sure he'll have no problems helping you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Think that guy is on Boards, in the astronomy section. And AFAIK he's from Tullamore. That club is very good and regularly hold meet ups and info nights. Try giving him a call, I'm sure he'll have no problems helping you out.

That guy might be me! :) Check out our website OP, at www.midlandsastronomy.com for contact info. If you didn't get a telescope yet in all this time, don't despair, there are other, better avenues thasn the likes of Argos to get an affordable, yet very practical and exciting telescope!

Clear Skies,

Seanie Morris.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

There's an auction of Birr castle attic and workshop surplus next Sunday. I had a look at the catalogue during the week and I think there were a few Astronomy related items. Can't remember if there was a telescope. The catalogue can be viewed www.purcellauctioneers.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement