Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Vs Costa Rica

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Never a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

penalty saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Awful peno from Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Looked soft enough.

Saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Poor penalty from Robbie Keane.

Good god man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Is this a World Cup game????? The Costa Ricans are celebrating like they are playing the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Was never a peno, decent save by keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Do Costa Rica think this is a World Cup game? They seem to care far too much.

EDIT: Snap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

good save by david fourdour

• Advertisement

Ireland lucky to still be in this but they've done nothing this half except miss a gift of a penalty

This will be a terrible result regardless of what kind of fixture it is. This can't be a good springboard for the Euro Qualifiers.

We really need a quality striker.....badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Don't wish to over state things being an end of season friendly. But the likes of a ten man Costa Rica bossing the game against us just shows how far we have fallen in the game. Not being able to control possession is just not good enough at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Falia helé, Falia hela, Falia helé, Boutros Boutros Ghali!

dublincelt wrote: »
    Don't wish to over state things being an end of season friendly. But the likes of a ten man Costa Rica bossing the game against us just shows how far we have fallen in the game. Not being able to control possession is just not good enough at this level.

I agree altho I feel the spirit of no pass Trap is still haunting the Irish team. Until we gain confidence in passing the ball (which may be never) we are not going to play decent football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

McClean is getting absolutely roasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

dublincelt wrote: »

I forgot they got a man sent off :eek:

You wouldn't know it watching it.

McClean is not the answer at left back anyway. Looks totally lost there.

Stevecw wrote: »
    McClean is not the answer at left back anyway. Looks totally lost there.

He isn't playing left back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

They look like the team with an extra man..Poor performance from us, I know its an end of season friendly but still, tough to watch.

Nice shot by Long

obezyana wrote: »
    He isn't playing left back?

He actually is. Came on for Wilson at LB. Doing ok going forward, but struggling to defend

Stevecw wrote: »
    He actually is. Came on for Wilson at LB. Doing ok going forward, but struggling to defend

I think the buffing might be affecting my eyesight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

This has been really, really woeful. Promising signs in the first half - pressed the opposition very hard, passed it quite well (never passed it like that under Trappatoni). But the 2nd half has been total rubbish. So sloppy. Absolutely nothing to offer in the final 3rd. Concerning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This will be a terrible result regardless of what kind of fixture it is. This can't be a good springboard for the Euro Qualifiers.

We really need a quality striker.....badly.

Relax the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.

Dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I agree altho I feel the spirit of no pass Trap is still haunting the Irish team. Until we gain confidence in passing the ball (which may be never) we are not going to play decent football.

We played decent the other night against Italy you drama queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Hoolahan did more in 7 minutes than most. First name on the team sheet for me.

Shocking 2nd half display all round. Did they realise Costa Rica had 10 men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

One of the very worst Irish performances I have ever seen, things need to start picking up very quickly as we are sleepwalking into another campaign with no direction. Real lack of leadership on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Terrible result considering the circumstances. That 20min spell after half time was the worst so far under O'Neill.

Bloody woeful! There was no shape or plan about the team in second half!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Missed the last 10 mins.

What did it finish up lads ?

Very poor overall, disappointing after such a good display v Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

We lack quality all over the park. Whelan was absouletly useless shocking in fact. Is Forde actually our number 1 keeper now? If he is then we are doomed.

Pro. F wrote: »
    We played decent the other night against Italy you drama queen.

Woooooooo slow down there Tommy no need for the name calling. Did you see who Italy drew against after us??????Luxembourg Yes Luxembourg so it's not like Italy were firing on all cylinders so getting a draw against them at this time is not a thing I would be shouting proud about.

Lapin wrote: »
    Missed the last 10 mins.

What did it finish up lads ?

Stayed the same 1-1.

Woooooooo slow down there Tommy no need for the name calling. Did you see who Italy drew against after us??????Luxembourg Yes Luxembourg so it's not like Italy were firing on all cylinders so getting a draw against them at this time is not a thing I would be shouting proud about.

Nobody is shouting about the result. We played decent. You said that we may never play decent football again.

Team versus Portugal will hopefully indicate more of an idea of O'Neill's intentions for first 11.

Hoolahan, Hendrick, Meyler in.

One man up top, Green out and Whelan fu*ked right out.

Defence is a shambles anyway with the lack of regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I've seen us play much worse in friendlies.

Some positive desire to get on the ball and pass it in the first half. Also some strange standing off when defending, from the whole team.

Second half turned into a complete shambles. Hoolahan started to fix things when he came on. McClean at left-back was horrible and for some reason way too much of the Irish play went through him.

A poor result considering they had a man sent off. But it was a second or third string team in an end of season friendly, so no need to be freaking out just yet.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Team versus Portugal will hopefully indicate more of an idea of O'Neill's intentions for first 11.

Hoolahan, Hendrick, Meyler in.

One man up top, Green out and Whelan fu*ked right out.

Defence is a shambles anyway with the lack of regulars.

I'm worried that MON might rate Whelan high in his order. Hopefully tonight will have disabused him of that notion.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nobody is shouting about the result. We played decent. You said that we may never play decent football again.

Yes I said we may.......... I didn't say we won't. Anyho it's 315am and I'm back up at 7 so good night to you.

Once again dreadful from Ireland lord knows what Portugal might do to us............sorry I love being dramatic. Ireland Abu. :)

Yes I said we may.......... I didn't say we won't. Anyho it's 315am and I'm back up at 7 so good night to you.

Once again dreadful from Ireland lord knows what Portugal might do to us............sorry I love being dramatic. Ireland Abu. :)

Oh you only said that Ireland may never play decent football again? Oh that's all right then! Sure that is a perfectly sane statement to make.

I know it's a friendly and MON is testing out players, but it's baffling that he didn't bring on Hoolahan earlier. Against 10 men? Seems like the most obvious decision in the situation.

Could've been a handy few ranking points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

We lack quality all over the park. Whelan was absouletly useless shocking in fact. Is Forde actually our number 1 keeper now? If he is then we are doomed.

Wooow woow hold on a minute. David Forde has been brilliant for Ireland from day 1 after replacing a top goalkeeper like shay given.
    You obviously havent seen many Ireland games of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Even though he scored yesterday I really hope that goal does not buy Kevin Doyle a starting place in the qualification games

Advertisement