Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welfare

• 06-06-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

My parents seem to think I can sign up to social welfare now, even though i'm only a few weeks out of college.

Surely this isn't the case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Have you finished 4th year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    My parents seem to think I can sign up to social welfare now, even though i'm only a few weeks out of college.

Surely this isn't the case?

Yup if you're finished 4th year sign up straight away to collect your €100 a week.
    You'll need a letter off the college stating you finished too. I emailed SAA and had it 2 days later.

Not sure will you get back paid now though since you didnt go into the welfare office straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 themerovingian

garv123 wrote: »
    Yup if you're finished 4th year sign up straight away to collect your €100 a week.
    You'll need a letter off the college stating you finished too. I emailed SAA and had it 2 days later.

Not sure will you get back paid now though since you didnt go into the welfare office straight away.

I'm in the same position what other documents do you need? Or is there any place you can contact to find out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseeker-Pack.aspx

You need to make an appointment with your local welfare office, you will need ID, Photo and Address and PPS number. You may need to get 'means' tested depending on age and circumstances.

I'm in the same position what other documents do you need? Or is there any place you can contact to find out?

I dont live in a city so i just went into the local dole office, if you are in a city you may need to go in and get an appointment.

You can print off the forms online on their site and they'll give you a few more documents to fill out for job seekers allowance.

Letter off the college,
    photo ID/passport
    Proof of address
    Parents pay slips
    Parents rent/mortgage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nice one.

I assumed there's some sort of waiting period for people just out of college.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Nice one.

I assumed there's some sort of waiting period for people just out of college.

Nope I finished on saturday and went in on monday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Lucky if you're entitled to it. I live at home and both folks working so I'm entitled to zilch from the dole! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Lucky if you're entitled to it. I live at home and both folks working so I'm entitled to zilch from the dole! :(

Is it hard to get a job with your degree?

Advertisement