Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow to Process Payments since SEPA

Options
  • 06-06-2014 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Since moving to SEPA the Business On-Line single payments process has become grindingly slow.

I took over from an assistant today to process some payments and it has gone god awful slow.

Once you press Payment it can take a minute or two before the beneficiaries become available.

I've been told this is the same no matter what PC is used to process the payment.

Any reason for this, and, more importantly, how to fix it? We make a lot of single payment transactions.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi smcgiff

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear of the delays you are experiencing processing payments.

Can we ask if you are importing a file or making these as single 'separate' payments? 

Could also give us an approx figure of the amount of beneficiaries you have set up online?

Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Thanks for the response.

Yes, these are single payments and there would be several hundred beneficiaries. Although, I was told this was not an issue pre SEPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi smcgiff,

Thanks for your post. 

In this case we would advise you to call the Business Online Helpdesk on 1890 818 265 while you have access online and a representative will go through some checks with you. They will be able to forward your query for further investigation if needed. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Just a quick update. I rang the helpline and they went through some tests with no change.

As you suggested they forwarded my case up the line a few days ago. I'll update here once I hear from the Second line IT support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi smcgiff,

Thanks for the update, the Helpdesk will do their best to help you. 

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement