Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

I do think Mussolini will make an appearance on the paper this year. Either alone, as part of a general question on fascism or with Hitler on a Church-State relations question. Lenin or Stalin have come up every year I think, if not the vast majority and personally I'd much prefer them to Mussolini :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Caoimhegg

crolekka wrote: »
    I do think Mussolini will make an appearance on the paper this year. Either alone, as part of a general question on fascism or with Hitler on a Church-State relations question. Lenin or Stalin have come up every year I think, if not the vast majority and personally I'd much prefer them to Mussolini :L

Yeah it seems really likely!! A church state relation question would be lovely. Yeah I'm the exact same, find them quite boring to learn! What are you mainly studying for America? I'm hoping for Johnson!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

What are the essays you are studying for dictatorship and USA?

ejayy wrote: »
    What are the essays you are studying for dictatorship and USA?

Mainly concentrating on hitler, Mussolini, church state relations, propaganda, Lenin and Stalin.
    USA- Johnson, Johnson's involvement in Vietnam, Montgomery bus boycott, Cuba Berlin Korea! You?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

Caoimhegg wrote: »
    Yeah it seems really likely!! A church state relation question would be lovely. Yeah I'm the exact same, find them quite boring to learn! What are you mainly studying for America? I'm hoping for Johnson!

Fingers crossed for Church-State relations! For America, any aspect of foreign policy suits me. Johnson's role in Vietnam would be a dream but a general question on the office of presidency would be very manageable.

As a rule of thumb there's usually 2 questions taken from the 'Politics and Administration' section, 1 from 'Society and Economy' and 1 from 'Culture/Religion/Science'. Technically you could dodge one section that you don't like but I think it's better to be safe; even though most of the US economy stuff goes over my head!

• Advertisement

Jarrow , Nuremberg , hitlers totalitarian state, hitler rise to power, hitler social and economic policies , rise facisim Germany, dictators use of propaganda to consolidate their power, nazi propaganda, and something on Mussolini, hitler foreign policy!

USA: LJ, LJ policies , space race/ space technology , Martin Luther king , Montgomery bus boycott and us foreign policy!

Do u think I will be covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 griffin246

Caoimhegg wrote: »
    Mussolini hasn't come up in a few years (2011 I think) anyone else think he might come up?! And same with Hitler? Really hoping as they are both easy enough!

i think Mussolini is defo coming up in someway either church state relations, i also have and essay done on how he conducts his F.P and a plan on was he a succesful leader

Oh and technology! For dictatorship

• Registered Users Posts: 11 griffin246

btw does anyone hav an essay on the moon landing or truman they could send me, i have essays i can swap?

Jarrow , Nuremberg , hitlers totalitarian state, hitler rise to power, hitler social and economic policies , rise facisim Germany, dictators use of propaganda to consolidate their power, nazi propaganda, and something on Mussolini, hitler foreign policy!

USA: LJ, LJ policies , space race/ space technology , Martin Luther king , Montgomery bus boycott and us foreign policy!

Definitely! It seems like you've a lot covered :) what are you studying for Northern Ireland?

• Advertisement

I'm so afraid that a question won't come up! Haha

NI defo coleriane , apprentice boys sunningdale and unsure about broughghboroigh and oneill! Wbu?

I'm so afraid that a question won't come up! Haha

NI defo coleriane , apprentice boys sunningdale and unsure about broughghboroigh and oneill! Wbu?
    Really hoping that either Mussolini or hitler will come up or even both! Same I'm doing coleraine, Apprentice boys an sunningdale! Sunningdale looks quite likely to come up! Havent decided on what else to go over :/

Also when you say Martin Luther king do you mean like an essay just on him including his involvement in the boycott? Because there's not much on him in he book so I was wondering did you look up additional info?

I hope technology/jarrow/ numremburg come up!

Martin Luther king as a leader ! Yeah there's not much on him in the book :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

STALIN PLEASE COME UP AGAIN :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

Europe: Mussolini, Nazi Characteristics, Stalin/Lenin, church state relations (can't go wrong with that)
    USA: Foreign Policy 1973 - 89, Vietnam, economy
    Northern Ireland: Colraine, civil rights, sunningdale

Praying for church state, colraine and foreign policy 73-89

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

D+D- Church/State, Mussolini, Weimar Germany, Lenin are most likely

US- Cold War, Domestic Factors, Racial Conflict, Urban Poverty and Organised Crime, and Détente are very likely

NI- Civil rights/Fall of Stormont, O'Neill, and sunningdale are the most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Movement for political and social reform: Unionism and Parnell/Butt
    D&D: Nazi State & Propaganda, Stalin/Lenin and Mussolini
    Nation States: Wilhelm II, Serbia (never come up before) and Tsarist Russia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

D&D - Church State Relations (Mussolini and Hitler) Nazi Propaganda and Rallies, Lenin and Stalin's contribution to Communism, Inter war Britain and Germany, Home Front in Britain and Antisemitism in Europe.

NI - Sunningdale, Anglo Irish agreement and Downing Street Declaration, CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT! Coleraine and the Apprentice boys and maybe look over the economy of NI during Brookbough and O'Neills time.

Should that be enough? I have Division and Realignment but i don't think many people do it, sadly :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

noo I don't like seeing this thread, I'm very nervous about this exam! Feel like I don't have enough prepared :(

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Do you guys learn certain essays? I'm far too lazy to :/

Good luck to all on Wednesday by the way! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

Do you think I'm safe for these topics? And if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated :)
    Dictatorship&democracy-
    Church state relations Mussolini and hitler
    Stalin and Lenin contributions to Russia
    Main characteristics of nazi germany
    Britain social and economic problems
    Dictators using repression and propaganda
    USA-
    Moon landings
    Civil rights-MLK and Montgomery boy cott
    Lyndon b Johnston
    Foreign policy-Korea Cuba and Berlin
    NI-
    O'Neill
    Coleraine
    Apprentice boys
    And maybe sunningdale but I'm horrible at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Hope Mussolini comes up! Got 100% on him in my pre :D

Jackson07 wrote: »
    Do you think I'm safe for these topics? And if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated :)
    Dictatorship&democracy-
    USA-
    Moon landings
    Lyndon b Johnston
    NI-
    O'Neill
    Coleraine
    Apprentice boys

I'm doing the same with domestic factors on us foreign policy too :) that might come up! Hasn't been seen since 2007 I believe!!

plmko wrote: »
    I'm doing the same with domestic factors on us foreign policy too :) that might come up! Hasn't been seen since 2007 I believe!!

Awh yeah I might cover that too actually!. Do you think I'm pretty safe for NI? Thanks btw

Dictatorship&democracy-
    USA-
    Moon landings
    Lyndon b Johnston
    NI-
    O'Neill
    Coleraine
    Apprentice boys

D+D- I'd say you're fine

US- I'd stick with foreign policy for this, have a look at detente and domestic factors, haven't been up in a while

NI- I'd add civil rights/fall of stormont, you should be safe then

Sorry didn't mean to put the thumbs down :O meant to put the thumbs up haha ^^

Yeah I'll do that thanks :) civil rights in US hadn't been up in awhile do you think it could be up? Yeah I hear civil rights in NI is huge at the moment! Thanks so much :)

Yeah I'll do that thanks :) civil rights in US hadn't been up in awhile do you think it could be up? Yeah I hear civil rights in NI is huge at the moment! Thanks so much :)
    Race relations came up last year and johnson+truman last 2 years, I doubt they'll be up again this year

Yeah but MLk and Montgomery boycott hasn't been up in ages so could be up hopefully? and yeah I think I might not learn Lyndon and stick with domestic factors and dente :)

• Advertisement

Do you guys learn certain essays? I'm far too lazy to :/

Good luck to all on Wednesday by the way! :D

Nah man, facts!
    They're what you get marks for, and of course you answering the question!
    History is quite logical is you take a step back from all the information.

Advertisement