Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Georgiaryan95

Hey everyone so I was just wondering if someone might be able to help, I have these topics covered well and I was just wondering if you would think it's enough to cover me for Wednesday, DICTATORSHIP AND DEMOCRACY: hitlers foreign policy church state relations Lenin and Stalin contribution to communism Britain and Germany in the inter war years and the jarrow march MOVEMENTS FOR POLITICAL AND SOCIAL REFORM: Butt / Parnell Redmond / Carson unionisation parnells contribution to home rule and land agitation US: Mbb, Martin Luther king contribution to the civil rights movement, economy success and decline, poverty urban conflict drugs etc... I really don't want to do foreign policy I just hate it so much. Do you think those topics are enough for it??!!!!

What is everyone predicting for Wednesday?? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

While you'd probably get away with it, in terms of effort-results ratio, it'd be unwise not to do US Foreign Policy.

I suppose it helps that for most people, it's actually interesting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Just wondering if I could be marked down for bad handwriting. I normally have good handwriting, but with History, the time pressure is so great that I sacrifice good handwriting completely. My teacher has never had an issue with it, but looking back on some of the essays which I've written on the clock, even I couldn't read some words. I know that it shouldn't be a big problem, but its kind've worrying because I can't write any slower.

Hey everyone so I was just wondering if someone might be able to help, I have these topics covered well and I was just wondering if you would think it's enough to cover me for Wednesday, DICTATORSHIP AND DEMOCRACY: hitlers foreign policy church state relations Lenin and Stalin contribution to communism Britain and Germany in the inter war years and the jarrow march MOVEMENTS FOR POLITICAL AND SOCIAL REFORM: Butt / Parnell Redmond / Carson unionisation parnells contribution to home rule and land agitation US: Mbb, Martin Luther king contribution to the civil rights movement, economy success and decline, poverty urban conflict drugs etc... I really don't want to do foreign policy I just hate it so much. Do you think those topics are enough for it??!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

aimeexgx wrote: »
    For nation states maybe why ww1 started? ie colony's, naval race etc? seeing as its the anniversary :)

Yeah I'm doing all of Wilhelm which includes Naval Policy. I am also doing Serbia/Eastern Question as that was a direct cause of WWI

As to your post on tips for the Irish book I'd say just know Home Rule like Parnell and then one other chapter topic like 1913 lockout or unionism or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Just wondering if I could be marked down for bad handwriting. I normally have good handwriting, but with History, the time pressure is so great that I sacrifice good handwriting completely. My teacher has never had an issue with it, but looking back on some of the essays which I've written on the clock, even I couldn't read some words. I know that it shouldn't be a big problem, but its kind've worrying because I can't write any slower.
    you won't be marked down for handwriting.

hard to take a gamble on that topic, its been 100 years since the first home rule bill so hoping that makes an influence anyway

Correction 100 years since the Third Home Rule Bill. The first was in 1886. Saying the 1st was 1914 will get you no marks.

Is anyone else tempted to just learn the treaty negotiations for the documents q?

Or at least only learn 2 out of the 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SaoirseDuggan

Is anyone else tempted to just learn the treaty negotiations for the documents q?

Yeah our teacher said it's the most likely to come up, I was getting my tonsils out too when we done the other two documents, so it better be the TREATY :(((((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Honestly it really is minimal effort to learn the 3. It's not worth risking 40 potential marks just to learn 2, and honestly they are very easy to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭iamthestig

I'd go over all three. Like the whole country's expecting the treaty much like Heaney in English so I'd do the three to keep you covered

D&D - Church State Relations (Mussolini and Hitler) Nazi Propaganda and Rallies, Lenin and Stalin's contribution to Communism, Inter war Britain and Germany, Home Front in Britain and Antisemitism in Europe.

NI - Sunningdale, Anglo Irish agreement and Downing Street Declaration, CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT! Coleraine and the Apprentice boys and maybe look over the economy of NI during Brookbough and O'Neills time.

Should that be enough? I have Division and Realignment but i don't think many people do it, sadly :(:(:(

I do D+R! What essays are you thinking for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Anyone leaving out Stalin like me? The essays I'm learning
    are hitlers rise to power
    , the social and economic conditions that led to his rise,
    rise facisim Germany,
    Mussolini totalitarian dictatorship,
    hitler totalitarian dictatorship,
    dictators use or propaganda ad terror to consolidate their power
    Features of fascist states
    Jarrow march
    Nazi propaganda
    Use of technology warfare
    Nuremberg

USA:
    Us foreign policy
    Martin Luther king as leader
    Significance of Montgomery bus boycott
    Space race/technology
    Moon landing
    Lydin Johnson key personality
    Lyndon Johnson policies

NI:
    Coleriane
    Sunningdale
    Apprentice boys

DBQ
    Treaty an probably small but on the congress

Do you think I will be covered? Frankly I am quite worried about NI section cause I don't have an essay on civil rights or any of that so if anyone is willing to share I will send u an essay in return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

iamthestig wrote: »
    I do D+R! What essays are you thinking for that?

I find this one tough to predict! I'm relying on the causes and consequences of the Hungarian Uprising, Cold war 1945-1970 development, The Old Crisis, The Vatican (maybe), Sovietisation of Eastern Europe, and maybe the growth of the western european economies during 1945-1970.

What are you studying for it? I'm defiantely think something about the Sovietisation of Eastern europe is coming up though!

I find this one tough to predict! I'm relying on the causes and consequences of the Hungarian Uprising, Cold war 1945-1970 development, The Old Crisis, The Vatican (maybe), Sovietisation of Eastern Europe, and maybe the growth of the western european economies during 1945-1970.

What are you studying for it? I'm defiantely think something about the Sovietisation of Eastern europe is coming up though!

I think Sovietisation too! I also think the Hungarian Uprising will show up somewhere either on it's own or with Sovietisation being the case study! Perhaps the Impact of the Oil Crisis on Western Economies too. I have also a sneaky suspicion of Biological Sciences showing up.

iamthestig wrote: »
    I think Sovietisation too! I also think the Hungarian Uprising will show up somewhere either on it's own or with Sovietisation being the case study! Perhaps the Impact of the Oil Crisis on Western Economies too. I have also a sneaky suspicion of Biological Sciences showing up.

Yeah, The Hungarian Uprising may come up with Sovietisation. Hopefully on it's own though. The sovieitisation question can come up in different forms though
    How successful was the Sovietisation of Eastern Europe or How successful was the oppostion to the Sovietisation.

I might quickly look over Biological Sciences then :)

Yeah, The Hungarian Uprising may come up with Sovietisation. Hopefully on it's own though. The sovieitisation question can come up in different forms though
    How successful was the Sovietisation of Eastern Europe or How successful was the oppostion to the Sovietisation.

I might quickly look over Biological Sciences then :)

Yeah I'd prefer if it came up on its own to be honest. Sovietisation can be tricky bugger of a question at the best of times. I'm going to probably do some stuff on the Oil Crisis as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RHardy

Hi everyone. Have done no revision for history at all. Does anyone have any advice for me? Any thing likely to come up? What is the predicted document question? Any replies will be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Feelinlazy

Hi , I was just wondering how long should an essay be? because im not really sure :/..

• Advertisement

Feelinlazy wrote: »
    Hi , I was just wondering how long should an essay be? because im not really sure :/..

I always do 4 pages but it depends ... no less than 3 and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HitlerFTW

Feelinlazy wrote: »

Yeah like they said above I always do 4 and fare out fine, whereas some girls in my class hit the 5/6 mark which would be impossible for me in an exam..

Also.. Does it sound crazy to everyone that I'm literally learning my first of 20 essays just now? Or is anyone else in the same boat??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

HitlerFTW wrote: »
    Also.. Does it sound crazy to everyone that I'm literally learning my first of 20 essays just now? Or is anyone else in the same boat??

i am the same going to up all nihgt on tuesday i am so stupid for leaving it so late :(

mjackson37 wrote: »
    i am the same going to up all nihgt on tuesday i am so stupid for leaving it so late :(

Do you do french too? I'm completely neglecting it! What grade are you looking for in history?

I'm the same, I have like 25 essay's to learn and some better come up!

I'm the same, I have like 25 essay's to learn and some better come up!

For the US section I'm just doing Civil rights (which will cover 3 possible essays), LBJ, Vietnam and the Cold War.. Do those 25 include DBQ essays?

For the US section I'm just doing Civil rights (which will cover 3 possible essays), LBJ, Vietnam and the Cold War.. Do those 25 include DBQ essays?

I don't do the US section sadly! No they don't, I have about 2 essays each for my Document Question and they are around two pages each.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RHardy

Hi everyone, didn't see this thread. I haven't done pretty much any revision up to this point. What would you recommend I try to cram in this amount of time? Also what is everyone predicting for the document question? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

The Treaty for the document
    What are your topics though?

• Advertisement

I don't do the US section sadly! No they don't, I have about 2 essays each for my Document Question and they are around two pages each.

Sadly is right it's such a lovely section :) I see, I've never learned dbq essays I've just read over the events and manipulated them to suit exam qs.. Good luck anyway, have faith in cramming <3

Advertisement