Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minigocko

Yeah im going to cram communism! hopefully the Q will be about stalin , Lenin's a bit of a mug, cheers !

stalin came up last year with the show trials, lenin hasnt appeared on his own in years, teachers in my school reckon lenin will pop up on his own, which is good cause he did **** all, not much to learn- how he came to power, civil war, red terror, war communism, new economic policy and an evaluations

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ConorODowd17

Yeah i suppose, its just boring to learn. i have a real feeling Church state relations will come up, its hasn't come up in 3 years!

Yeah i suppose, its just boring to learn. i have a real feeling Church state relations will come up, its hasn't come up in 3 years!

yeah, was thinking that aswell, ive no notes on it unfortunately, though, ive always found communism in russia really easy to learn off, church state is very straight forward as well if youve got the notes for it, History will grand, youve covered alot, im going in with 3 from each- mussolini/Weimar, church state, communism in russia and vichy france could all pop up

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Minigocko wrote: »
    stalin came up last year with the show trials, lenin hasnt appeared on his own in years, teachers in my school reckon lenin will pop up on his own, which is good cause he did **** all, not much to learn- how he came to power, civil war, red terror, war communism, new economic policy and an evaluations

A question on Lenin would be just fantastic. He's the least complicated of the dictators. I actually had a dream I was in the history exam and he came up :p

A question on Lenin would be just fantastic. He's the least complicated of the dictators. I actually had a dream I was in the history exam and he came up :p

hes due up this year, his economic policies are so straightforward, war communism is banning private trade and taking surplus grain, new economic policy is just the opposite, giving it back cause war communism totally failed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

What's the best way to time questions for the exam? My teacher said give 50 minutes to the document question but I don't know, its worth the same as the essays so I don't see why it should get more time than them.

Remember you have to read the documents which takes time. I'd gauge ~45mins for the document and ~40mins for each essay. I find the timing is absolutely atrocious by the SEC, considering Biology and Accounting get 3 hours and you can be finished easily after 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Remember you have to read the documents which takes time. I'd gauge ~45mins for the document and ~40mins for each essay. I find the timing is absolutely atrocious by the SEC, considering Biology and Accounting get 3 hours and you can be finished easily after 2.

Yeah, that's a good point. It's just I'm not to good at analysing and comparing the documents when I'm under pressure. But I don't want to just throw away marks by speeding through it, so I guess I'll give it a max of 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

would it be better to do the document question last and spend 42 minutes on the longs answer questions and then if you have extra time left over you can spend that on top of the time allocated for the document question ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

mjackson37 wrote: »
    would it be better to do the document question last and spend 42 minutes on the longs answer questions and then if you have extra time left over you can spend that on top of the time allocated for the document question ?

I do the 3 long questions first and then do the document question!

I'm so worried that my essay titles won't come up :( I'll have to improvise :P

• Advertisement

I'm so worried that my essay titles won't come up :( I'll have to improvise :P

same i might make my own history up at this stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 HitlerFTW

ejayy wrote: »
    Cramming always works :P I crammed last year and got a b1 in higher :) literally knew no essays before :)

That just made me feel a whole lot better thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Your welcome :) but do put the work in the night before :)

We will all have our History success stories come August :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 zvseire

how many words is an a essay, i am studying hitler, lyndon johnson and cultural natonalism, any tips on what else 2 study?

Jarrow , moon/space and us forein policy

Oh and guys I didn't even finish the document question I left it completely put cos I ran out of time, timing is important!

I spent about ten minutes looking at the USA section trying to think of something to write :L

Oh and guys I didn't even finish the document question I left it completely put cos I ran out of time, timing is important!

I spent about ten minutes looking at the USA section trying to think of something to write :L

Still a b1? Timings not an issue with me really.. Did you learn a lot of essays or were you risky due to it being crammed in? lol, I'm too scared to take risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 zvseire

does anybody have any A standard essays they could email to me?

HitlerFTW wrote: »
    Still a b1? Timings not an issue with me really.. Did you learn a lot of essays or were you risky due to it being crammed in? lol, I'm too scared to take risks!

Yup , contrary to what people think about history it is quite easy to get Marks in!

I can honestly tell you it was pure luck :P I learned like Martin Luther king, moon landing and consensus

Southern Ireland
    I learned like haughey

Northern Ireland
    Welfare state
    Sunning dale.. Talk about luck!

• Advertisement

Yup , contrary to what people think about history it is quite easy to get Marks in!

I can honestly tell you it was pure luck :P I learned like Martin Luther king, moon landing and consensus

Southern Ireland
    I learned like haughey

Northern Ireland
    Welfare state
    Sunning dale.. Talk about luck!

Yeah it is! I wish I had the balls to do that but nope.. I'll stick to my 20 essays..

I won't be doing that this year ! Too much to lose , I was just a really good guesser!!

Does anyone think they would put the Welfare state on this years paper again? It is such a handy one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Dictatorship
    Church State
    Mussolini

USA
    Foreign policy (I and II)
    Domestic factors

N.Irl
    Coleraine
    Civil Rights

Treaty

If these don't come up I'm screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Striving470

Will this cover me?
    Dictatorship: Nazi Prop+ interwar Germany(19-39)
    Stalin characteristics.(show trials+economy)
    Rise of Fascism in Italy.

N.i.
    road to cival rights+ welfare
    Colraine.
    Cival rights movement.

USA:
    Johnson and vietnam
    Advancement in America tech(moon landings,missiles etc)
    Race relations(racial conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 walsh85

Anyone with movements for reform essays please ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shanemac28

Who in their right mind could finish Accounting in 2 hours??????

Anyone doing the strike and lockout, could they post a quick essay plan please ? Intro p1 p2 conclusion etc thanks

for american should i learn berlin/ korea/ cuba or just all of the foreign policy ?

• Advertisement

mjackson37 wrote: »
    for american should i learn berlin/ korea/ cuba or just all of the foreign policy ?

Civil rights movement/ boycott

Advertisement