Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC History 2014 - Before and after discussion **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Fitzlad wrote: »
    Any idea what might come up for movements for reform? Im really goosed if Parnell doesn't come up :P
    Parnell + Unionism

If they don't make an appearance i'll be going to bed at 4:15 instead of 5:15 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lacers00

marno21 wrote: »
    Parnell + Unionism

If they don't make an appearance i'll be going to bed at 4:15 instead of 5:15 tomorrow.

Yes also agree unionism tipped strongly to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Can anyone tell me what chapter is civil rights (in the Northern Ireland book) chapter 1 or the middle of chapter 2? Or is it the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

lacers00 wrote: »

Yes unionism comes up most years and didn't last year so it's more likely than most other topics

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wernher Von Braun

Just wondering what people think are the key terms to get in the document answers eg bias and primary source. Anyone have any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 PsychoSull

Dylan_1996 wrote: »
    Any help at ALL for ordinary level? Im dropping down to pass tomorrow and im really unnerved

What topics are you doing? You really shouldn't be worrying about ordinary history. I only did 2 topics in the pre and i still managed 65%. Piss easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

If they come up together it usually comes up as discussing 'one or more of the following'? So should I be covered with what I've got?
    Not always -

What moves were made towards finding a peaceful resolution of the “Troubles”, 1973-1993?
    (2008)

In this essay you must talk about all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Dylan_1996 wrote: »
    Any help at ALL for ordinary level? Im dropping down to pass tomorrow and im really unnerved
    Case Studies and Key personalities in each topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I put so much effort in to my project and I couldn't be happier with it and its all pointless. I know nothing for the OL paper. I was good at the project because it was actually something I liked doing but i can't learn stuff off for history. When I say I know nothing I mean nothing. Hopefully i wont have to count history for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RHardy

I have done Lenin, Montgomery, apprentice boys, LJ and Vietnam, American foreign policy 1945-89. This is what I've done so far. I don't do french so i have the morning to cram. I'm aiming for a C1 here, any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 walsh85

marno21 wrote: »
    Parnell + Unionism

What are the main paragraph topics you would talk about for unionism ? :)

lacers00 wrote: »

What are the main paragraph topics for unionism :)

watsupboys wrote: »
    Hi could anyone send me a civil rights movment US essey or at least write what to include in each paragraph. i know i should include the buss boycott which i know very well but what alse. So if anyone have like a plan done out could u please share it with us :)

Intro
    Bus boycott being the first mass movement
    During the boycott
    End of segregation
    National attention
    Other groups taking inspiration
    MLK
    Conclusion

Can anyone do a quick paragraph by paragraph plan please, just the topic heading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

walsh85 wrote: »
    Can anyone do a quick paragraph by paragraph plan please, just the topic heading :)
    That would be, let's see, a HISTORY query then? :pac:

(Moved!)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

What are the main paragraph topics for unionism :)

Intro- what is unionism... Strongest in Ulster etc.
    P1 Differences in views between unionists and home rulers. As in religion Protestant vs Catholic. Industry in Belfast - agriculture in rest of Ireland. Racism etc.
    P2 Political development. Irish Unionist Party Orange order and conservative support
    P3 First HR bill and unionist reaction
    P4 2nd HR bill
    P5unionist reaction to conservatives e.g land acts, devolution scheme Wyndham.
    P5 third HR bill UUC grows in strength Edward Carson Ulster Volunteers. Ulster day.
    P6 Larne Gun running and Crisis in Irish Army
    P7 Buckingham Palace Conference
    Conclusion

That would be, let's see, a HISTORY query then? :pac:

(Moved!)

Left out the unionisation of working classes haha my mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

do ye think economy, lbj and vietnam + race relations(including montgomery bus boycott) will cover me for america?

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    do ye think economy, lbj and vietnam + race relations(including montgomery bus boycott) will cover me for america?

MLK and his impact on the CRM

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

A bit nervous for this one, will be studying all morning. Any last minute advice?!

• Advertisement

MLK and his impact on the CRM

Sorry what does CRM stand for?

Sorry what does CRM stand for?

Civil rights movement

• Registered Users Posts: 11 richiemcs

which one is everyone focusing on? Why did the Sunningdale Agreement fail to achieve power-sharing, or Treat of political & peace initiatives after Sunningdale?

also which one more likely to come up, Tet offensive, or LBJ & Vietnam in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 watsupboys

richiemcs wrote: »
    also which one more likely to come up, Tet offensive, or LBJ & Vietnam in general?

LBJ in general. Just know him well he is easy anway. If vietnam comes im gettin an A hopefuly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 watsupboys

is civil right movment the same thing as racial conflict? or would u talk about different things. Im a bit confused as if they are different then can u use buss boycott for both ?

anybody hoping for coleraine aswell? It didn't come up last year so hopefully. You have to learn it well but all they can really ask is what is the significance of it.

anybody hoping for coleraine aswell? It didn't come up last year so hopefully. You have to learn it well but all they can really ask is what is the significance of it.

I'm learning it anyway, probably the easiest essay for N.I. so would be lovely to come up, and as you said the fact that it didn't come up last year would make it pretty likely. I also think Heaney could come up due to his death (As has been the case in just about every subject this year..)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

And how it's controversial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 RHardy

I have done Lenin, Montgomery, apprentice boys, LJ and Vietnam, American foreign policy 1945-89. This is what I've done so far. I don't do french so i have the morning to cram. I'm aiming for a C1 here, any thoughts?

Had to repost this sorry

Advertisement