Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TESTAMENT APPRECIATION THREAD

• 06-06-2014 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

testament.band-header.jpg?x=787

Appreciation thread for one of the greatest thrash metal bands to come from the San Francisco Bay Area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Eh.....I appreciate them!

Am I doing this right?

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well seeing as Metallica have their own Superthread, i felt something for the best band out of the San Francisco Bay Area was needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Damn i was going to post that! :) Maybe be controversial but best album imo, one i keep going back to anyway. Low is fantastic too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

saw them back then, wall of noise too loud and deafening but **** YEAH!
    great band!
    think they supported anthrax???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seen them 18months ago at Hard Rock Hell in Wales (Dec 2012), now HRH is traditionally just Rock, there was a few complaints when Testament were booked to headline, they fcukin blew the roof of the place

Planning on going on a Testament album buying binge, what albums should i get & which one's should i avoid (If any)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Planning on going on a Testament album buying binge, what albums should i get & which one's should i avoid (If any)

"The formation of damnation" is my fave Paul Bostaph drums on that too also have a soft spot for "Souls of Black" as it was the first one I bought all them years ago and has that deadly ballad "the legacy" on it, others would prob say "The new order" maybe, no bad albums as such but I reckon "Demonic" is their weakest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Personally I'd recommend

The Legacy (1987)
    The New Order (1988)
    Practice What You Preach (1989)
    Souls of Black (1990)
    The Ritual (1992)

The albums Low and Formation of Damnation have a few decent tracks on them but nothing special

I haven't had a good listen of their most recent album Dark Roots of Earth so I can't give a solid opinion of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Decent band. That's all.

Testament's ex-bassist Greg Christian details his split from the band.
    F— it. Last week I said I’d do this, so here it is. And if this gets picked up by any sites, all I have to say is, I can say whatever the f— I feel like on my own page. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. I’m in the US of A and this is my free speech.
    Anyway…

”The last straw was as follows. I was sitting at the bar in the Seoul/Incheon airport in South Korea, with a couple of the entourage, and Chuck Billy walks up and casually says he just spent three grand, cash, on a first-class upgrade. He said he thought it was worth it to be more rested for the first Euro show, in a couple days. Then, of course, Eric Peterson gets up and walks over to the ticket counter (gotta keep up with the Jones’s or the Kardashians or whoever lol).
    Here's some perspective. As my employer, in a business I helped start and put at that time just over 20 years into — 12 then 8 — and helped build from nothing the first time and helped resurrect from almost nothing the second time, this $3K for one first-class upgrade stuck in my mind, and when I got paid a couple weeks later, I was just thoroughly disgusted and done with Testament. ‘My employer’ thinks that his ass being in a more comfortable seat for one ten-hour flight is worth more than I was worth for five festival performances (on two continents — neither this one), a half dozen ****ty flights plus a week and a half away from home and my family.
    I did this as a job…
    I don’t make anything off anything else, so it’s not a situation where I get anything off the back end. In other words, promoting the band only helped my employers — not me.
    I made $350 a day for show days, $175 a day for travel days / days off since 2005 — with not a penny more and no PD’s (per diems) so I had to spend about $300 out of pocket to eat in hotels and airports — or starve.
    I don’t know actual numbers‬ — no one ever told me — but I heard rumors the band made $100K just for the one Korean show and watched both Chuck and Eric spend $$$ like it was true (of that I got about $700).
    That’s disgusting.
    Tune in next week if you want to read about a ‘band meeting’ a few years ago in Sao Paulo, Brazil the last time I tried to talk to those guys about $$$ and hear a few of the things that were said…
    Beyond ridiculous…

This could get real messy very quickly.

http://loudwire.com/former-testament-bassist-greg-christian-details-split-with-band/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ I'm tuning in every week :pac:

Testament will be part of Slipknot's KNOTFEST from October 24 through to the 26th in San Bernardino, California.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Taken from Testaments Facebook page

For Immediate Release
    February 17, 2015

American Metal Legends Testament Announce Dark Roots of Thrash II Tour, Coming April 2015
    TESTAMENT to Perform an Exclusive New Set List, Including The Legacy and The New Order in Their Entirety + Select Practice What You Preach Album Cuts
    Re-Introducing Bassist STEVE DIGIORGIO
    Support from Thrash Leaders Exodus + Texas Metal Assailants Shattered Sun

TESTAMENT, EXODUS and SHATTERED SUN “Dark Roots of Thrash II” Dates:
    04/01/15 Regency Ballroom – San Francisco, CA
    04/02/15 House Of Blues – Hollywood, CA
    04/03/15 Livewire – Scottsdale, AZ
    04/04/15 Sunshine Theater – Albuquerque, NM
    04/06/15 Aztec Theater – San Antonio, TX
    04/07/15 House Of Blues – Houston, TX
    04/08/15 House Of Blues – Dallas, TX
    04/10/15 Pop’s – Sauget, IL
    04/11/15 Mojoes – Joliet, IL
    04/12/15 Harpo’s – Detroit, MI
    04/13/15 The Intersection – Grand Rapids, MI
    04/15/15 Phoenix Concert Theatre – Toronto, ON – CANADA
    04/16/15 Rapids Theatre – Niagara Falls, NY
    04/17/15 Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, NJ
    04/18/15 The Palladium – Worcester, MA, New England Metal & Hardcore Festival
    04/19/15 The Paramount – Huntington, NY
    04/21/15 Mercury Ballroom – Louisville, KY
    04/22/15 Cannery Ballroom – Nashville, TN
    04/23/15 Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
    Additional TESTAMENT & EXODUS Festival Dates (No SHATTERED SUN):
    04/25/15 – Metropolitan Park – Jacksonville, FL, Welcome To Rockville Festival
    05/01/15 – Farm Bureau Live – Virginia Beach, VA, Lunatic Luau 15
    05/03/15 – Charlotte Motor Speedway – Concord, NC, Carolina Rebellion 2015

Additional dates will be announced soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I got the Legacy reissue on vinyl a few days ago, it's still a phenomenal album to listen to even after all these years.

I found on successive albums that the better they thought they were getting as musicians, the less compelling they were to listen to. The early stuff had a real punk influence but as that faded away and they got more "progessive" it just became a bit dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Red Wolf

I got the Legacy reissue on vinyl a few days ago, it's still a phenomenal album to listen to even after all these years.

I found on successive albums that the better they thought they were getting as musicians, the less compelling they were to listen to. The early stuff had a real punk influence but as that faded away and they got more "progessive" it just became a bit dull.

Totally agree. Loved the first album and the next two but after that I kinda lose interest. While their recent offerings are good they never stay with me and I never find myself going back to them unlike Legacy.

And the band aim to have new album The Brotherhood Of The Snake finished up before going on their European tour next month

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-18/testament-hope-to-finish-brotherhood-of-the-snake-by-june

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Yikes. Chuck: “there is a real connection between aliens and religion on this record" ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

They are hitting Vicar St in November!

They are hitting Vicar St in November!

Supporting Amon Amarth though

Cover art for the new album

13906671_10157211058575332_9119799009445342773_n.jpg?oh=17c952b33dea3dca664e014a42ad046d&oe=585E4850

Testament release Brotherhood Of The Snake title track, pre-orders online!

Legendary bay area thrash metal giants TESTAMENT have released the title track for their upcoming 12th album, Brotherhood Of The Snake, which will be released on October 28, 2016 via Nuclear Blast.

Watch the lyric video for 'Brotherhood Of The Snake' here:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Think that's great, looking forward to the full album and gig in November.

Happy Easter lads, what better way to discuss if you prefer the old Testament or the new Testament :pac::pac::pac:

Sold out gig in Vicar St should be a good wan!

Terrific stuff band were on fire, good set only gripe was some of the outright pretentious solos particularly Peterson :D 2 guitar,a bass and a Drum one any need like...gas to see Hoglan swigging beer and having a fag though while the bass solo was in motion.

Annihilator were really good set flew by though and Vader were decent opening it up and place was mobbed from the get go. Again great to see the place completely sold out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Those solos did my tits in, totally took away from what was an otherwise fantastic show.

Annihilator were great too, missed Vader.

Advertisement