Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Phone and Bluetooth Car Kit

• 06-06-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi All

Got a Bury 9048 bluetooth handsfree kit installed the other day.
    Only 1 issue annoying me about it and want to get opinions.

When connected on my Lumia 925 and I get an incoming call my phone rings as normal via the handset and the bluetooth kit (via car speakers) also makes its own basic "ring ring" sound. Once I press the answer button on the HFCK on the dash the handsfree works perfectly through the speakers.

When connected on my gf's iPhone 4s and get an incoming call her ringtone comes through fully on the car speakers, not split between the two devices and two ringing sounds like mine.

Is this a limitation of bluetooth on WP or general WP issue or anything I can do about this ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭ChewyLuey

PS Im running WP 8.1 developers preview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

I have Lumia 920 and integrated Ford Bluetooth. I find the phone might do one or two rings and then the ringer swaps to car speakers. Never had both together

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

How do you find the Bury kit with the windows phone? I have had nothing but problems with the Parrot kits and windows phone, poor connections, really bad sound, connection dropping. Apparently they are not optimised for windows phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    It also reads out text messages if you want

is this a setting / option?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    is this a setting / option?

Thanks.

Settings->speech. Usually enabled by default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bluetooth connection with my built-in car system works fine - I think you also need to enable driving mode

>settings>driving mode

I've left calls on and turned off texts

add your device to the list and it will automatically switch on driving mode when it connects to the bury - this may stop both devices ringing when a call comes thru.

just an fyi - cortana also works in car - long press the search button and say "call ...." and it works. I haven't used it that often and it only works if the name is pronounceable. (my wife has an irish name and cortana doesn't understand. so i've called her something else in the inner circle settings in Cortana...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

ablelocks wrote: »
    bluetooth connection with my built-in car system works fine - I think you also need to enable driving mode

>settings>driving mode

Nope just the Speech setting above. Driving mode allows you to change other settings.
    ablelocks wrote: »
    I've left calls on and turned off texts

add your device to the list and it will automatically switch on driving mode when it connects to the bury - this may stop both devices ringing when a call comes thru.

just an fyi - cortana also works in car - long press the search button and say "call ...." and it works. I haven't used it that often and it only works if the name is pronounceable. (my wife has an irish name and cortana doesn't understand. so i've called her something else in the inner circle settings in Cortana...)

If you have bluetooth which shows an address book then Cortana will show up as a contact you can call. Great so you don't have to take your hands off the wheel (if bluetooth is built in). If your bluetooth has handsfree calling you can also just "Call Cortana".

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭ChewyLuey

How do you find the Bury kit with the windows phone? I have had nothing but problems with the Parrot kits and windows phone, poor connections, really bad sound, connection dropping. Apparently they are not optimised for windows phone.

I've found that with the various releases of 8.1 (I'm on developer preview) Cortana over bluetooth has improved alot and the experience is much better than when I started this thread.

- One Press on the Bury kit button prompts Cortana and can ask her to "Call X" or set a reminder etc
    - Cortana seems to have Spotify integration now (I havent played much with this)
    - Call quality is really clear (always was)
    - One thing to note is it takes about 8-10 seconds to connect when you start the car during which time the car radio starts for a second, mutes for ~8 seconds and then resumes. It's a bit annoying but no biggie.

Advertisement