Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper two

Options
  • 06-06-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

So I did maths paper one today and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I want an A in the Jc, I got 90% in my mocks and I really dont want to dissimprove! So I'm gonna work really hard on paper two this weekend. Anyone have a checklist on things I must study for paper two? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated also, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

According to the educate.ie exam papers the topics on paper 2 are:
    Perimeter/Area/Volume
    Counting
    Probability
    Statistics
    Axioms
    Theorems and Corollaries
    Constructions
    Transformation Geometry
    Co-ordinate Geometry
    Trigonometry

Know your theorems and constructions really well because I'd say they will come up after they didn't come up last year.

Also, most people think they did way worse than they actually did when they come out of the exam. If you're getting 90% in the mocks you are clearly well able to do the papers. Stay positive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Perimeter/Area/Volume
    Counting
    Probability
    Statistics
    Axioms
    Theorems and Corollaries
    Constructions
    Transformation Geometry
    Co-ordinate Geometry
    Trigonometry

Know your theorens and cobstructions really well because I'd say they will come up after they didn't come up last year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Perimeter/Area/Volume
    Counting
    Probability
    Statistics
    Axioms
    Theorems and Corollaries
    Constructions
    Transformation Geometry
    Co-ordinate Geometry
    Trigonometry

Know your theorems and constructions really well because I'd say they will come up after they didn't come up last year.

Also, most people think they did way worse than they actually did when they come out of the exam. If you're getting 90% in the mocks you are clearly well able to do the papers. Stay positive! :)

But remember there are no set topics that can come up on each paper for project maths you have the strands which should act as a guide but they can still pull anything from anywhere and you don't really have any past years to confirm paper topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Trigonometry came up today doubt there will be much of that on paper two

yaEHya wrote: »
    Trigonometry came up today doubt there will be much of that on paper two
    Angle of elevation might come up- it really is hard to know what will come up though! Hate being the first year to do this exam...:(

• Advertisement

Angle of elevation might come up- it really is hard to know what will come up though! Hate being the first year to do this exam...:(

Same! I'm hoping it's a nice exam, I really need to do well in this paper to make up for today:/

Kelly090 wrote: »
    Same! I'm hoping it's a nice exam, I really need to do well in this paper to make up for today:/
    Yeah I hope it's a nice paper too- Paper 2 is definitely my weaker paper. :(

Yeah I hope it's a nice paper too- Paper 2 is definitely my weaker paper. :(

I know I'm dreading it :/
    Good luck anyway :)

Kelly090 wrote: »
    I know I'm dreading it :/
    Good luck anyway :)
    Same to you! :D

Advertisement