Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The NO Late Late Show, NO SNS, All Summer Long Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

efb wrote: »
    Remember my previous "Sky Arts la Di. Da" comment...

Watching QI

In that case, TOTP2 on BBC2

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

In that case, TOTP2 on BBC2

Choose life!

Great guitar sounds from Mr. Ridgeley!

If only it was plugged in :pac:

Here's the Wacko 5

My eyes!

It's like black Ronald mcDonalds

Tommy used to work on the docks...

So...many...mullets...

The horror...

So...many...mullets...

The horror...

The volume from the hairspray... It was turned up to 11!

Quality record

• Advertisement

Rod Stewart- candidate for Yew Tree if ever these was one...

efb wrote: »
    Rod Stewart- candidate for Yew Tree if ever these was one...

I'd say every major musician in the 70's would be a candidate - nobody deemed it unacceptable back then :(

Listen to me, I sound like a lad insane

Abbatastic.

I'd say Stewart was like Peel 16 year olds throwing themselves at him, not like Creepy Saville, Harris and Clifford

Marc Almond was just on Sky Ar...whoops.

Still got a great voice.

Marc Almond was just on Sky Ar...whoops.

Still got a great voice.

Soft Cell were on Bbc2

Nice to see you, Errol

:eek: :D

XTC!

Fantastic tune!

Madonna is her cowboy phase

My favourite Madonna record

• Advertisement

Pulp...good call.

For those unfamiliar with the stand-up of the late Joan Rivers, 'An Audience With...' Is on ITV at 10.35.

Just starting on the Horror Channel, 'Boy Eats Girl' starring Samantha Mumba :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

For those unfamiliar with the stand-up of the late Joan Rivers, 'An Audience With...' Is on ITV at 10.35.

Just starting on the Horror Channel, 'Boy Eats Girl' starring Samantha Mumba :D

Nice to see the ITV shaking up their schedule to get an appropriate tribute for Joan Rivers on air so soon. She is on great form on that show, well worth a look.

I'll be glad when Brendan is back.

I feel sorry for the Prodcers of Up For The Match, it must be tough to find a new feature abut Kilkenny after they have been in 526 out the last 527 finals. There's only so many old players, wacky supporters and crappy songs you can drag out each year.

Maybe they should have just repeated the last UFTM from the last time KK and Tipp were in the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jaysus, Up For the Match is no craic when Kilkenny are involved. The highlight of tonight's show was Joe, the Tipperary panelist, he was priceless. He was like the D'unbelievables long lost brother :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Up For the Match is no craic when Kilkenny are involved. The highlight of tonight's show was Joe, the Tipperary panelist, he was priceless. He was like the D'unbelievables long lost brother :D

It'll be awkward when Grainne and Des check Boards to see how the Up For The Match thread went tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

MrsD007 wrote: »

You couldn't make him up :D

Classic episode of 'Bottom' on GOLD...the chess episode :D

RIP Rik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I thought we would be able to bank this thread for another eight months at this stage in the year... Where is Brendan.. He was back the same week last year wasnt he?

I thought we would be able to bank this thread for another eight months at this stage in the year... Where is Brendan.. He was back the same week last year wasnt he?

I think he came back the week after the second Up For The Match last year, it's the awkward week between All Ireland Finals which makes it a scheduling mess.

Skid X wrote: »
    I think he came back the week after the second Up For The Match last year

It's not good enough Skid.. At this stage, I'm going to have to get some real friends or something...

• Advertisement

It's not good enough Skid.. At this stage, I'm going to have to get some real friends or something...

I know what you mean :(

I haven't been out on a Saturday Night all year.

No, I'm wrong. There was one Saturday Night when I was in The Saturday Night Show audience. That made a nice change.

I know what you mean :( I haven't been out on a Saturday Night all year.

On the positive side, with all the lone time my touch typing has improved hugely.. I'm thinking of applying for a secretarial job at this stage..

Though I did spend 70 euros extra on "Internet Services" this month.. Just waiting for midnight tonight for the new month to start... No idea how I passed the 15 Gb limit so quickly... The 3G is a great service, given I live in the middle of nowhere, I dont understand why they absolutely rape you when you go over the limit though... They should just cut you off and make you pay an extra tenner or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

On the positive side, with all the lone time my touch typing has improved hugely.. I'm thinking of applying for a secretarial job at this stage..

Though I did spend 70 euros extra on "Internet Services" this month.. Just waiting for midnight tonight for the new month to start... No idea how I passed the 15 Gb limit so quickly... The 3G is a great service, given I live in the middle of nowhere, I dont understand why they absolutely rape you when you go over the limit though... They should just cut you off and make you pay an extra tenner or something..

Did you change into little grey? That's almost the exact spiel I get off her every month!!....:eek:

Now I'm back in the big smoke I think I'lll splash out and get a decent service. I'll miss having to sit sideways in the kitchen corner to catch a signal though....:(...not....:rolleyes:

I bet you're out all the time Skid!!!!!!.....:p

currently editing..

That's nasty. If there was any proper Consumer Protection in this country there would be mandatory notification when you approach your limit, and a maximum (reasonable) rate when you go over the top.

I know what you mean :(

I haven't been out on a Saturday Night all year.

No, I'm wrong. There was one Saturday Night when I was in The Saturday Night Show audience. That made a nice change.

You never mentioned it was nearly a week before you went home after that night!!....;)......:D:D:D....ok, I'm messing.....

Did you change into little grey? That's almost the exact spiel I get off her every month!!....:eek

I usually watch it like a hawk... But I fix PCs and I think a few of the damned things started taking down Windows Updates on my 3G connection while I had my back turned... So I'm forwarding the bill to Bill Gates.. the Bill to Bill Gates.. Jesus I'm hilarious...

I usually watch it like a hawk... But I fix PCs and I think a few of the damned things started taking down Windows Updates on my 3G connection while I had my back turned... So I'm forwarding the bill to Bill Gates.. the Bill to Bill Gates.. Jesus I'm hilarious...

LOL! - I get that too!!!!....:D:D:D

I made Bill the man he is today. I have secured his pension. No doubt about it!....

You never mentioned it was nearly a week before you went home after that night!!....;)......:D:D:D....ok, I'm messing.....

I'd say if your only Friday night out of the year was at the Late Late Show, you'd go straight home, batten down the hatches and never leave the house on a Friday EVER again...

This United flight film I'm watching is ensuring I'm not going to fly for a very long time.....

• Advertisement

I'd say if your only Friday night out of the year was at the Late Late Show, you'd go straight home, batten down the hatches and never leave the house on a Friday EVER again...

Depends on the company!!.....;):pac:

This United flight film I'm watching is ensuring I'm not going to fly for a very long time.....

Which United... United 93 or the Munich air disaster film about Manchester United..

The '93 one.....It's on I or UTV

Aer Lingus can keep their cheap flights....

"Tonight's film is sponsored by Bord Failte - airplanes are dangerous. Don't take any chances - take your holiday in Ireland"

truman-show-lightning-travel-agent.png

Imagine I worked for AL and I don't like flying.....

I like it less now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What's United 93? The lesser known follow up to the Class if 92?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What's United 93? The lesser known follow up to the Class if 92?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93

:(

The '93 one.....It's on I or UTV .

Yeah I have that movie here on the USB drive... I'd recommend that you watch this instead..

It just makes you wonder what really went on, on that day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Eeesh! No way I'd sit through that! F***ers.

(Since it was mentioned earlier, I've flown a lot with Aer Lingus lately and i bloody love 'em. Except the fact that some flights don't count for frequent flier points, which is absurd).

• Advertisement

I have 2 great DVD's about 9/11 CH, I have no doubt what did go on there....

I'll get lg to copy and pm them to you....

I was engaged in the '80's in the WT restaurant.....:(....

Donie, I'll pass on your complaints.....:)

Advertisement