Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in Cashel

Options
  • 06-06-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I ran a search on this but any threads were quite old. Looking to rent or buy at under 100k in Cashel. Would love some information on the following estates/areas before I head up next week to view some places. Would like somewhere safe with no anti-social behavior. I would like to live in or near the town so noise is fine once it's generally at the weekend. Would need 2 safe parking spaces. An apartment or townhouse would be ideal. Don't need a full house.
    I see ads for the following:
    Chapel Lane (rental)
    Dominics Court (there is a one bed for sale here for 25k and a 2 bed for 47 k. Seems low so wondering if there's a catch)
    Lowergate (rental)
    Rockview (houses look nice here but there are a few for sale at low prices)

I know Cashel is a small place but it looks nice. Haven't got time to have a look around at night or weekend (working) so hoping someone might have some insight to offer.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Hi
    I ran a search on this but any threads were quite old. Looking to rent or buy at under 100k in Cashel. Would love some information on the following estates/areas before I head up next week to view some places. Would like somewhere safe with no anti-social behavior. I would like to live in or near the town so noise is fine once it's generally at the weekend. Would need 2 safe parking spaces. An apartment or townhouse would be ideal. Don't need a full house.
    I see ads for the following:
    Chapel Lane (rental)
    Dominics Court (there is a one bed for sale here for 25k and a 2 bed for 47 k. Seems low so wondering if there's a catch)
    Lowergate (rental)
    Rockview (houses look nice here but there are a few for sale at low prices)

I know Cashel is a small place but it looks nice. Haven't got time to have a look around at night or weekend (working) so hoping someone might have some insight to offer.
    Thanks

Tipperary in general is cheap to buy in, property inflation hasn't really hit down here yet, we still have another year or so so snap something up as soon as you see it if you like it. No harm in asking agents about the place or the local garda station could also fill you in on if an area is bad or not, that's the first place I went asking to see about where I live. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 househunter 2014

Great tip to try the Gradai. Does anything in particular make you think there is a year before house prices rise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

OP if you get your post moved to the Tipperary forum you'll get more information about these specific estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Great tip to try the Gradai. Does anything in particular make you think there is a year before house prices rise?

Just from general chit chat with estate agents, Tipperary is slowly becoming popular on the commuter belt especially south tipp. North Tipp not so much yet. If you were up around North Tipp, Roscrea, Nenagh etc I could show you a good few I have viewed that I know are well worth the money and still for sale. I know a few properties coming up up here that are well worth the price and all under 80k.

One in particular said that a year would tell a lot down here especially with prices so high in the city, people will commute from anywhere they can.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Cashel is great from what i heard but again try the Gardai, they wont be long telling ya! :D Best of luck!!!

Advertisement