Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorcycle helmet

• 06-06-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

What do you guys do with old helmets? Have an old one, and by old I mean it must be well over ten years old. I got it from my uncle who I think got it with a bike he bought a few years back. And neither him or me have ever used it. A mate said that in England he used to give his to the ambulance service, they used them for training.
    Does that happen here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

Flower pot ?
    9908fa06bbe6e4b98cb0787d4779cf28.jpg
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

think a mate of mine gave some to the fire brigade or ambulance for training, as in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Not sure I will go with planter! Lol
    Will make some enquiries and see how I get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭gipi

The MCI guys (who provide medical assistsnce st bike race meetings) have taken old helmets for their training courses.

Maybe ping them on facebook? MCI Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Could always throw it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

I use my old/spare one when using the grinder or other power tools that create dust/dirt/noise.

Makes a great peice of protective gear. Keeps out the dirt from eyes/hair etc. and some noise protection. Can also use one of those paper masks under it but nothing more sofisticated unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

A Sunday morning not long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Simona1986 wrote: »

A Sunday morning not long ago...

Wow, they can take some abuse

Advertisement