Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Power spin off raising kanan takes place 48 hours after the killing of ghost with Mary j blige and method man

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that's an hour and twenty minutes of my life I won't get back on top of the other fourteen hours of that final season.

If you manage to sit through the whole thing there is a flash back at the end credits and teaser trailer for Power Book II: Ghost which will start in the summer.

Also hints at Power Book III: Raising Kanan, Power Book IV: Influence, Power book V: Force.

Well that's an hour and twenty minutes of my life I won't get back on top of the other fourteen hours of that final season.

If you manage to sit through the whole thing there is a flash back at the end credits and teaser trailer for Power Book II: Ghost which will start in the summer.

Also hints at Power Book III: Raising Kanan, Power Book IV: Influence, Power book V: Force.

Was it that bad ?
    Not sure if I can muster up the effort, I’m watching Fauda at the moment and go go back to this will be an effort

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah it was a heap of crap. I've no appetite for even 1 spinoff let alone the 4 or 5 in the pipeline

Can't see them being a success

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Was it that bad ?
    Not sure if I can muster up the effort, I’m watching Fauda at the moment and go go back to this will be an effort

Yes it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

#powerneverends is an appropriate hashtag to leave things on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Well that was just awful tv. The only saving grace is that it was the end of it. I doubt I'll watch any spin offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Was anything resolved in the final episode, or was it just more proof that the writers shot themselves in both feet, with the same gun that was used before the series self-destructed last year?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Was anything resolved in the final episode, or was it just more proof that the writers shot themselves in both feet, with the same gun that was used before the series self-destructed last year?

Well we know who actually shot Ghost.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Well we know who actually shot Ghost.

i think nearly everyone is beyond caring about ghost and who did or didnt kill him

train wreck of a series

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i think nearly everyone is beyond caring about ghost and who did or didnt kill him

train wreck of a series

Oh I agree, and it was the most obvious outcome but that's the one resolution we did get. I can't see how they can sustain multiple spin offs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wow who, other than everybody, guessed it'd be Tariq? What a pointless waste of our time. The only saving grace for me was Cox getting his job back and that I got up to 512 on the 2048 game because I was so bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

I’ve always said I’d like to see a prequel and find out more about the main characters and how they came to be who they were when we first seen them in the very first episode of series 1.

Hopefully it’s not as bad as the last series.

I thought the flashback at the end might have been a way to set up a prequel from 20 years ago.

Young Tommy and Ghost starting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Danye wrote: »
    I’ve always said I’d like to see a prequel and find out more about the main characters and how they came to be who they were when we first seen them in the very first episode of series 1.

Hopefully it’s not as bad as the last series.

I'll not be wasting any time on any of the spin off shows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was utterly dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

wadacrack wrote: »
    It will be Tariq, more than likely very bad acting.Ghost" Why Son". Tommy likely to be present too

This aged well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The last 20 odd minutes was actually some bit ok. There was no need for all of the extra episodes, should have just given us the last bit.

But with the extra episodes and extra cameos, more cash comes in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did anyone care about the characters by the end? I think only Tommy half interested me.

ixoy wrote: »
    Did anyone care about the characters by the end? I think only Tommy half interested me.

He was the only good character and actor in the entire thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Worst season. It was like they just couldn't care anymore

ixoy wrote: »

Tommy was a great character. I'd watch a spin off on how he moves forward from this. It may be hard now because his life revolved around ghost.

Series does seem dead. Its a disaster that Tariq killed Ghost as he is now in line to be an even bigger part than previous season's. Very Very poor character worse than even 50 Cent's badly acted Kanan

He was the worst character. Never liked Tariq. He turned into a gangster overnight living off ghost and Tommy's reputation. I would have loved to see him get a hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Tariq is a terrible actor. I would hope they would get a different actor if they do a spinoff

cena wrote: »
    Tariq is a terrible actor. I would hope they would get a different actor if they do a spinoff

Tommy to kill Tariq in the new series. Tariq gets cocky and tries to emulate Ghost. Tommy starts feeling he is a threat to his business. Kanan likely to be present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

He was the worst character. Never liked Tariq. He turned into a gangster overnight living off ghost and Tommy's reputation. I would have loved to see him get a hiding.

As much as I hated Dre I would have preferred to see Tariq go out that way, the most annoying character in it by a mile. After 6 seasons of this show they managed to **** the whole lot up and go out on a wet shart- we didn’t need 5 dragged out episodes to see who shot ghost. It could have been done in 3 with Tommy driving away as the finale.

That would have been a much better ending. I would have been happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

That was woeful. Found myself hitting the 10 second forward button on netflix for half the ep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

That was woeful. Found myself hitting the 10 second forward button on netflix for half the ep

Whilst it wasn’t great and a little predictable, I think it’d be pointless doing this

Advertisement