Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thank f**k that is over, for such a great show at the start it's amazing how s**t it went.

Tommy as a bad ass character jumped the shark for me when I discovered the actor played a pregnant man on Grey's Anatomy, just couldn't look at him seriously after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Whilst it wasn’t great and a little predictable, I think it’d be pointless doing this

a little predictable? bit of an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

some rubbish. did anyone else think that ghost himself didnt get much screen time in the last few episodes? it seemed to focus on everyone else bar him? fair enough he was in most episodes but it was more to complete other peoples stories than his own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Well he was shot and killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've been putting off watching the last 3 episodes of this since they aired but finally decided today to get them over and done with, as everyone else has basically said that was a terrible end for what was once a very enjoyable show. I think I'll be passing on the multiple spin-offs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New teaser for Power Book II Ghost.

Due to arrive in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

New teaser for Power Book II Ghost.

Due to arrive in September.

Nope, I'm out!

Tariq as the main character, thats me definitely out. They're just milking it now.

That'll likely be worse than the last few episodes :(
    Seeing Tommy get started somewhere else from low levels might have been decent but Tariq doesn't really capture the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Tariq. The most loathable, unlikable character in the entire franchise, and they chose to base a show around him.

Not even loathable because he's a nasty character, but more so that he's a crap actor and every time I saw him on screen I was hoping he would get clipped.

Instant avoid for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

At the end of the last series, did they not imply it would be a series about Ghost and Tommy when they were younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    At the end of the last series, did they not imply it would be a series about Ghost and Tommy when they were younger?
    There were multiple spin-offs mentioned, young Ghost and Tommy was one of them. Edit: That trailer must have been for the Kanan one, there's some info here about it.

I'm not going to bother with this unless there's some major turnaround and it's actually good, based on the last season of Power I highly doubt this will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Spearmint Polo

There were multiple spin-offs mentioned, young Ghost and Tommy was one of them. Edit: That trailer must have been for the Kanan one, there's some info about it.

I'm not going to bother with this unless there's some major turnaround and it's actually good, based on the last season of Power I highly doubt this will happen.

Yes there is 4 spin offs lined for this. Powerbook 2 based on after events of the regular series, 3 for a prequel of Kanan's life growing up. 4 following the political world with Tate and it seems the last one that'll see air time is following Tommy to LA.

Yes there is 4 spin offs lined for this. Powerbook 2 based on after events of the regular series, 3 for a prequel of Kanan's life growing up. 4 following the political world with Tate and it seems the last one that'll see air time is following Tommy to LA.

I'll watch the one with Tommy. The rest I have zero interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Spearmint Polo

I'll watch the one with Tommy. The rest I have zero interest in.

With the right actor then Kanan's one could be good, great potential too following Tate, can get a feeling of 'The Wire' off it maybe. I agree that Tommy's one would definitely be the popular choice and who knows, maybe no appetite for this Powerbook 2 would see end of the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I never did watch the last episodes of Power, and that's me done with this shower.

The people behind it seem to be a lot more enthusiastic than the people watching it, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the new undertaking bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

I see this one flopping quite badly. Tate seems one the worst characters in it to base a mini series on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

wadacrack wrote: »
    I see this one flopping quite badly. Tate seems one the worst characters in it to base a mini series on.

Don't worry, it'll never get made as the whole thing will be cancelled after the next series airs and flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I never did watch the last episodes of Power, and that's me done with this shower.

The people behind it seem to be a lot more enthusiastic than the people watching it, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the new undertaking bombs.

I didn’t bother with the last episode either, it became painful to watch

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I imagine the Emmy for Michael Rainey Jr is in the bag.

Well the pilot was ok nothing more it just feels just like a new season which it is really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭BandMember

Agreed. The name may have changed but the song remains the same.... I'll give it another look next week, but not sure how much longer I'll stick with it as the last season of Ghost was just background noise a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Power Book II: Ghost' has been renewed for Season 2 at Starz

Teaser for the series that starts summer 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Out of curiosity for anyone who's watched, what's the spin-off with Tariq like? Can't bring myself to watch it, but interested to see if it's at least better than the dumpster fire that was the last season of Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I got turned of the original power in the second last season, just lost interest.

Just finished book 2. Think it's a fairly decent watch and the finale sets up a good season 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Watched the first 25 mins of book 2 and turned it off. It had already annoyed me with characters I hate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Where can one watch Book 2? If I can get access to it I’ll give it a bash during lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Danye wrote: »
    Where can one watch Book 2? If I can get access to it I’ll give it a bash during lockdown.

Watched it on kodi .

Advertisement