Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have up'ed the game now the ending to this weeks episode was another cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Brilliant episode this week..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Kanan always looked like a guy who was letting silent farts, the constipated look he always had!

with all the excitement around kanan getting blown away, i almost forgot Dre got arrested!

anyone see the latest episode of Power? Angela really effed up big style

• Registered Users Posts: 20,472 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

anyone see the latest episode of Power? Angela really effed up big style

ya , a silly mistake to make. I do hope Angela gets the better of that smug looking female detective , she annoys me :pac:

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    ya , a silly mistake to make. I do hope Angela gets the better of that smug looking female detective , she annoys me :pac:

same here... i cant believe angela was so stupid, plus whats even worse mock told her in the previous episode about teresi without mentioning his name, plus why didnt she just go into mocks office and look at the pics as she did but not ask mock who his name was because that implicated her..... at the same time they have absolutely no evidence she tipped off ghost and tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭De Bhál

so Mac gives Angela Teresi and she goes straight to Ghost.

The thing that doesn't make sense is why didn't the detectives follow her. They're there asking her who she went to after she got the info.

why didn't ye follow her ye fools.

As for Uncle Tommy, jaysus what a mess of a story revolved around killing his dad.

Teresi gets out of a life sentence in jail and walks into Tommy's life and he only questons how he got out last night. He then shoots him 3 or 4 times and transports the dead Teresi in the most distinctive car in New York.

it ain't exactly real life but it's back to it's brutal best.

De Bhál wrote: »
    so Mac gives Angela Teresi and she goes straight to Ghost.

The thing that doesn't make sense is why didn't the detectives follow her. They're there asking her who she went to after she got the info.

why didn't ye follow her ye fools.

As for Uncle Tommy, jaysus what a mess of a story revolved around killing his dad.

Teresi gets out of a life sentence in jail and walks into Tommy's life and he only questons how he got out last night. He then shoots him 3 or 4 times and transports the dead Teresi in the most distinctive car in New York.

it ain't exactly real life but it's back to it's brutal best.

Tommy is a psychopath but funny how he knows Ghost is constantly effing him around yet he doesnt mind....

whats dres game? couldnt angela put it about that he gave up alicia jiminez and that would be the end of him....

whats dres game? couldnt angela put it about that he gave up alicia jiminez and that would be the end of him....

dunno but I'd imagine he's pushing for the top spot

dunno but I'd imagine he's pushing for the top spot

without doubt, if i were cristoball i would be capping him, alicia likes cris so he is well in there for top spot he doesnt need dre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Very quiet here after the final episode, which would have left me gobsmacked had i not seen a spoiler a mate posted on the power facebook page still fuming over that!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

markc91 wrote: »
    Very quiet here after the final episode, which would have left me gobsmacked had i not seen a spoiler a mate posted on the power facebook page still fuming over that!
    Which bit left you shocked? There's no chance Angela is dead. What I do hope is that finally Tommy and Ghost are properly at war. They keep falling out and making up!

ixoy wrote: »
    Which bit left you shocked? There's no chance Angela is dead. What I do hope is that finally Tommy and Ghost are properly at war. They keep falling out and making up!

I dont think tommy and ghost will go to war, they are too close

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I dont think tommy and ghost will go to war, they are too close

Tommy was aiming for Ghost.

They are at war now.

I thought the last 3 episodes were top class. There has been a lot going on of course.
    The meeting at the school was a bit WTF though IMO, but there's a fair bit of WFT going on to be honest, as someone mentioned Tommy cruising about in his vintage yank tank with the V8 burbling away dropping off his dead Dad's body at the family plot etc etc.

It'll be interesting how Angela explains this one (presumably she's not dead) and what the witness to Ghost's identity does etc etc.

Delighted it's looking good for next season anyway, perhaps not as good as it was but still great.

Yeah I agree, last three episodes were good.
    a lot happened in that last episode alright - I doubt Terry's dead as they didn't show it.
    Mak fecking off to his new job was pretty funny.

I never understood why Ghost wanted Tommy to kill Teresi, never made sense to me bar just making it better tv watching.

Why didn't Tommy shoot Ghost while we was there, I assume that's why he was there.
    Ghosts roar out of him with Angela in his arms was cringey stuff that I laughed out loud to.

The shoot out scene which finished with Dre in the Feds van was beyond farcical. He's got 9 lives when it comes to hitmen trying to kill him. How many times is that now they've tried to kill him?

I hope Angela's dead, I can't deal with another season of her and Ghost talking ****e to each other.

The shoot out scene which finished with Dre in the Feds van was beyond farcical. He's got 9 lives when it comes to hitmen trying to kill him. How many times is that now they've tried to kill him?...........

I suppose we are to believe that as he was wearing a vest a head shot would have been required, he was a moving target and he was armed too so conceptually plausible that he got to the window. Tommy was in on the feds turning up too as Angela texted him immediately after it was signed :)

I never understood why Ghost wanted Tommy to kill Teresi, never made sense to me bar just making it better tv watching........

He needed Tommy to have turned against Teresi, if Teresi was killed by AN Other Tommy might well have suspected Ghost did it / got it done :)

Augeo wrote: »
    I suppose we are to believe that as he was wearing a vest a head shot would have been required, he was a moving target and he was armed too so conceptually plausible that he got to the window. Tommy was in on the feds turning up too as Angela texted him immediately after it was signed :)

He needed Tommy to have turned against Teresi, if Teresi was killed by AN Other Tommy might well have suspected Ghost did it / got it done :)

fair enough, I'd forgotten he had a vest on. he must've shot about 5 or guys guys and jumped out the very window Tommy wanted him to go through. It's TV so I have to suspend belief but this show certainly pushes the plausible at times :)

Augeo wrote: »

why didn't Vincent just kill him then or one of his lads? Vincent needed him dead too once it was confimed he was working with the Feds

Well both of Vincent's main hitmen were taken out by Dre earlier in the season. Tommy still owed Vincent and from Vincent's point of view he needed Teresi dead and tommy doing it most definitely suited him :)

Teresi was a big name, getting him done in properly couldn't be a task given to any lad with a gun I imagine. Also, did Vincent want to take out Teresi and irk Tommy in doing so. Tommy is no shrinking violet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Last two episode were muck.
    Should have ended with Kanan getting shot up.

Getting tired of the same old story with Ghost & Angie, yada yada yada....

Kanan getting killed was the best episode of the three alright, hard to better it to be fair. I would have liked Angela dead earlier in the season but I was warming to her of late.

Yeah I agree, last three episodes were good.
    a lot happened in that last episode alright - I doubt Terry's dead as they didn't show it.
    Mak fecking off to his new job was pretty funny.

I never understood why Ghost wanted Tommy to kill Teresi, never made sense to me bar just making it better tv watching.

Why didn't Tommy shoot Ghost while we was there, I assume that's why he was there.
    Ghosts roar out of him with Angela in his arms was cringey stuff that I laughed out loud to.

The shoot out scene which finished with Dre in the Feds van was beyond farcical. He's got 9 lives when it comes to hitmen trying to kill him. How many times is that now they've tried to kill him?

I hope Angela's dead, I can't deal with another season of her and Ghost talking ****e to each other.

I couldnt agree more, i watch it on netflix and when ghost is talking ****e to angela i just fast forward, they dont even show her tatas any more

yea its a bit farcical with dre, he needs taking out asap

ghost wanted tommy to kill dre because he had dirt on ghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I still enjoy it but it's gone from gritty crime drama to campy soap and been dumbed down to ridiculous levels. The stuff with Dre in particular is just dragging something awful, and his b-movie escape into the conveniently placed van was just a joke. Stuff like that just did not happen in the show in earlier seasons, it used to be somewhat plausible but now you have to switch your brain off before you start watching.

Hopefully Angela's actually dead. I like her character but the show badly needs a fresh approach.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The producers it seem have revealed the fates of two characters. Spoilers so beware!

Angela:
    Alive
    Silver :
    Dead

Really enjoyed the most recent episode, keisha turned into a bad ass pretty quickly (speaking of ass, how does she even get into her jeans?)
    how did she not see tommy fiddling with the gun and she sitting right beside him!!!

the whole situation with dre is getting stupid, obviously tommy wanted him to be caught by the feds as part of the plan but the thing with the 2 hitmen was beyond ridiculous

i think ghost may now go with proctors idea to set up tommy

Hopefully now with that ending it will go back to its gangster roots next season and away from the ****y soap opera it’s turned into.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ghost vs. Tommy for a season could be interesting but since I found out that the Tommy was a pregnant man in Grey's Anatomy I can't take him serious as a gangster

vSt18vR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Just caught up with this tonight. An okay season but starting to get a bit farfetched.

As many have stated. The shootout scene with Dre was ridiculous. Ducking and diving and picking off his foes as if he were a Navy SEAL and culminating with the perfectly placed getaway van

Feel the character of Angela has been dragged out to death now too and making her survive the latest shooting would be a mistake I think. She was fed to us as someone who is passionate about the law and justice etc and now we have her sitting at home, dolled up to the nines casually sipping white wine the morning after 4 policemen and Kanan lose their lives in a scheme she helped set up

All in all there’s still enough good in there for me to stick with it but 5 seasons of Ghost and Angela’s on/off relationship takes its toll and I hope they move on from it in season 6

• Advertisement

Power will end after it's upcoming season 6.

Season 6 due to start on August 25th in the States and on the 26th here on Netflix and will have 15 episodes.

There may be 4 spin offs in the pipeline according to 50 Cent.

Advertisement