Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power [Starz - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I started laughing when I saw they had half the cast all suddenly deciding, against character, to go and gun down Ghost at almost the exact same convenient timing. I don't think laughter was what the show runners were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

ixoy wrote: »
    I started laughing when I saw they had half the cast all suddenly deciding, against character, to go and gun down Ghost at almost the exact same convenient timing. I don't think laughter was what the show runners were hoping for.

Why do you presume they're going to gun Ghost down? I half
    -took it as just showing us where they all are. I think the last scene serves as a 'it could have been them' but I don't think it's any of them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why do you presume they're going to gun Ghost down? I half
    -took it as just showing us where they all are. I think the last scene serves as a 'it could have been them' but I don't think it's any of them.
    Because they all had a gun and were pissed off with Ghost and the show is as subtle as 50 Cent's view on his prowess with women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yes it's the cliched set up for a who done it.

I'm surprised to see it in a drama. Nowadays it's relegated to soap level writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ixoy wrote: »
    Because they all had a gun and were pissed off with Ghost and the show is as subtle as 50 Cent's view on his prowess with women.

Tariq wasn’t shown with a gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There is no next series. There's 5 episodes left in this series and that's it then.

I didn't realise that they'd extended it, but it might as well be the next series if it's kicking off again in January. :p

4 episodes in and its woeful, its like melrose place or something set in a crime back drop, poor acting, unbelievable characters and the writing is crap.

Surprised as it came well recommended to me and hit 6 seasons.

Does it get a lot better?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

4 episodes in and its woeful, its like melrose place or something set in a crime back drop, poor acting, unbelievable characters and the writing is crap.

Surprised as it came well recommended to me and hit 6 seasons.

jump ship now, the more time you invest is how they catch you

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

No. It doesn't even have moments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

That sounds like he's talking about S1. If you think that about S1, might as well just give up now, because it only gets radically worse in that sense in later seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Homelander wrote: »
    That sounds like he's talking about S1. If you think that about S1, might as well just give up now, because it only gets radically worse in that sense in later seasons.

It doesn’t really dip until around mid season 4 in fairness, there’s some great moments in the first few seasons.

I don't disagree but if someone finds s1 that intolerably bad, there's no way they're going to enjoy later seasons.

Ya i was talking about season 1 was just wondering was it a slow starter and got better from there out, not my cuppa tea it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

https://www.facebook.com/100000166629601/posts/3121536944528496?d=n&sfns=mo

Hope the link worked. Had me in stitches this video. Absolutely bang on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

conor678 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/100000166629601/posts/3121536944528496?d=n&sfns=mo

Hope the link worked. Had me in stitches this video. Absolutely bang on the money

That’s better than the actual series at the moment

The internet isn’t for everyone

That is genuinely funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer for the final episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Back on our screens today. Going to watch it a little later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

As much as I really liked this show in the past, it'll be a chore for me to get through the rest of the season if it's all going to be like this week's episode. No point calling it a day now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It was ok just ok and I have a feeling each episode is now going to be a point of view episode for each character till the final episode.

• Advertisement

It was ok just ok and I have a feeling each episode is now going to be a point of view episode for each character till the final episode.

I think you are correct. Its a pity to see a strong show reduced to what it is now. Saying that, I'll finish out the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it's going to be a POV for the rest of it, the most recent 1 wasn't too bad, actually felt a bit sorry for Dre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Clareman wrote: »
    I think it's going to be a POV for the rest of it, the most recent 1 wasn't too bad, actually felt a bit sorry for Dre

He got everything be deserved, pity about 2bit though.

Couldn't agree more. Dre screwed over everybody he came in contact with. There was no loyalty ever shown by his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah was delighted what happened to him , had multiple opportunities to get away and was probably one of the scummiest of the lot of them

I do sort of like the POV thing cos it's slowly knocking off the possible killers while there showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Il be surprised if its not Tariq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Haven't watched this series of power yet
    Is as good as previous?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Is as good as previous?

Far fetched and inconsistent at times but pretty entertaining

wadacrack wrote: »
    Il be surprised if its not Tariq

My money is on him too.
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    Is as good as previous?

This series is the lowest standard the show has ever been at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I had to laugh at Tommy being there then gone when the traffic passes by. The early 80's horror want their cliche back :pac:

Advertisement